Posts by Navar

Moin Armin, ich bin auch aus Braunschweig :) Und ich hab einen Amp, der ist noch niiiiiiiie geprofilt worden. Einen EVH5153 ... ... 8| ok, leider doch nur den wahrscheinlich am meisten geprofilten Amp. Aber was vielleicht interessant ist, dass ich den 5153 in der 100 Watt Variante mit passender 4x12er Box mit Greenbacks stehen hab... ich wollte mich selber auch immer mal daran machen und den "durchprofilen" (ein ganz passables Mikrofon Sortiment hab ich auch), bin aber bisher nur zu ein paar cleanen Sounds gekommen. Die sind allerdings sehr schön geworden. :)

This is the awesome Morley Tremonti Signature Wah. :) I love this one because of it's very user friendly frequency range. It's really good for high gain leads, special fx licks, intro stuff. It's not the best for clean chunky, funky stuff but it sings. ;) I would love to have this style inside the Kemper, ok this one is special it has the "original Tremonti vibe" from beeing in his hands but I'm sure the Kemper can do voodoo 8o

So ein klein wenig stehe ich auch vor dem Problem. Vor allem weil im Live Kontext die spätere Ziel PA sehr, sehr unterschiedlich klingen kann. Für das Monitoring hab ich eine Yamaha DXR 12 am Toaster hängen, die kann auch untenrum enorm Schub liefern und ist schon eine ziemliche "Spaßbox". Live hatte ich dann schon PAs, bei denen die Sounds viel zu scharf und leicht kreischig klangen. Jetzt bin ich am überlegen, ob ich mir für diesen Fall auch einfach mal ein paar EQ Presets mache und mir dementsprechend die Soundbänke im Performance Modus zurechtlege. Ich habe halt nicht das Gefühl, dass ich alleine mit der EQ Ausgangssektion (die schon ein cooles Feature ist) dabei zum Ziel komme. Wobei das schon meckern auf höchstem Niveau ist. ;) Mein Live Sound war noch nie so einfach und gut...

Hey :)
    I need a little help. I'm looking for an expression pedal mainly for Wah use. At the moment I play my Morley Tremonti Wah which I really, really love. What I like about all the Morleys is the Auto On/Off switching. I know, not everyone is a fan of this but I am ;) CryBabys are definitly not my kind of style I don't like to switch it off by going the whole way up through all the terrible frequencies and than try to hit a button.
    Do you folks know any kind of expression pedal wich I can connect to my lovely KPA Remote and use it like a Morely style pedal? I heard about the Rocktron Hex but read, that it could have some stability problems... So thank you very much for every information you've got. :)

Tom: vielleicht gehts ja schneller, offensichtlich warten sie nicht unbedingt bis zum veröffentlichten Datum, wenns auch schneller möglich ist. :)

Ansonsten kann ich bei den merged Profilen auch nur für mich feststellen, dass sie halt wie ein Amp klingen. ;) Aber an einer echten Box muss ich sie auch noch testen, da bin ich auch gespannt drauf, aber mehr aus Neugierde :)

Das nenne ich mal eine Punktlandung... Morgen gibt's meinen ersten Gig mit Kemper und heute ist der Remote angekommen obwohl er erst für nächste Woche vorausgesagt wurde... :)
    Hat bei mir alles sofort funktioniert... Das Ding macht einen super hochwertigen Eindruck... Bis auf den Kontrastregler vom Display, der sieht nicht stabil aus.
    Jetzt bau ich mir erstmal die Performance für Morgen. :)
    Erster Eindruck ist absolut Top, ich hab noch nie so ein schönes Umschalten gehabt, das ist jetzt richtig gut!!

Ich freu mich schon so drauf auf das Ding. Hab extra gewartet und so lange mein altes MIDI Floorboard das GLAB GSC benutzt. Das funktioniert leider nur solala. Im Performance Mode kann ich nur die erste Bank schalten. Sobald ich höher gehen will springt er wieder auf Bank1 Patch 1.
    So ein klein wenig hatte ich die Hoffnung, dass mein Remote vielleicht bis Freitag zum Gig da ist und ich damit gleich auf die Bühne kann, aber er kommt dafür nächste Woche! :)

We've made a little hard rock cover version of the great Eartha Kitt christmas classic "Santa Baby".
    This is a quick recording we've made within a few hours, also there was some hot, spicy wine and dark beer involved. :S ... so don't take it too serious ;)

The profiles which I used where
    - SinMix Mr Hector for rhythm, which is so amazing to play!
    - The incredible Ace 900 from the Ace Signature Pack for Lead guitar
    - Aaaand one special thing. There is a little part, which is a little bit taken down. There is a clean jazzy guitar in the background. It's one of SinMix Alamo Profiles. These profiles sound so special, warm, creamy, jazzy...
    - bass is a SinMix Ampeg combined with the WD Rockbass Drive from the Bass Rig Pack. This is actually my goto combination.

So, I wish you all a merry christmas and all the best for the upcoming year! Thank's to a great community, non-commercial and commercial. 8o

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi Kemperers :)

We've just released our second song, "in my head". It's a heavy rock song, something in between hard rock and metal.
    Every string instrument sound comes direct out of my beloved Kemper.

If someone's interested in profile details:
    - all rhythm guitars are SinMix Mr. Hector Profiles
    - lead and solo guitars are SinMix 5150s
    - bass is a SinMix Ampeg combined with the WD Rockbass Drive from the Bass Rig Pack.

It's a demo recording and we've made it in our rehearsal room for promotion and gig searching, so no studio thing. :) We've recorded the drums for 6 songs and are now going to finish them up step by step, so every song will sound a little bit different but we are getting closer to "our" sound at the end. ^^

Comments, questions and everything else is always welcome. 8o

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you need a tool for modifying the latency for reamping I would suggest to test out the free Voxengo Latency Delay . It's available in VST/AU Win/Mac 32/64 ...

It is supposed to be used for plugins, which don't report their latency back to the DAW so the system can do the automatic latency compensation.

For the reamping use case you can use this to setup a measured latency to the raw DI track wich will than be compensated by the system, if you have enabled the automatic latency compensation.

Nightlight im im using a digi 192, when I tried some reamping and to see how amps sounded in a song the track was way out of time so it was hard to see what it sounded like :)

If you've got issues like this I would first check where the main problem with the latency is. So we speak about a delay greater than 10ms right?
    After that, one really easy solution is to measure the delay and to give the DI track a negative delay, which will send the DI track earlier to the Kemper. So you compensate before you send it to the Kemper and you should perfectly hear what you will get. :)

It could also be useful to check your re-amping roundtrip latency. Latency compensation in DAWs is mostly used to compensate plugin latency and not to compensate outboard latency.

Here is a article which handles how to integrate outboard gear to a DAW. They've used Cubase for this, but it can be reproduced with any other DAW. There are also some plugins out there build for delay compensation. And some DAWs have build in systems for this.
    http://www.soundonsound.com/so…les/cubase-1211.htm#para4

There is one very quick way to adjust roundtrip latency... Just send a simple click (not too loud) through the Kemper, make sure the Kemper is set to constant latency. Record this and you have the difference.
    I don't like to set a negative delay to a recorded track to compensate latency, because I like to see the track aligned how it is meant to be. But another way is to add a negative delay to the DI track before reamping, when you have measured the value.

Thanks for your kind words :)
    It's a lot of fun to test the so many different sounds during a demo production... and sometimes it's hard to decide which sounds will fit in and it gets harder as more options are available. But I knew that before I bought the Kemper. ;)
    I like the SinMix profiles a lot and I'm a big fan of his work, his effort and his customer service. Most of the profiles are also easy to tweak and perform really good with differnt guitars and gain settings.
    At the moment we are tracking vocals and bass for the next songs. And I will take the chance to get a little bit deeper into bass sounds, which are so awesome with the Kemper. But I really have an experience hole at mixing bass sounds and I will take the chance to try out some different styles and combinations. Before the Kemper I always went with a DI split to hi/low and an overdrive track with some VST on it. But now I have some killer sounding bass amps 8o

Hi zusammen,
    mittlerweile habe ich mir eine Yamaha DXR12 zugelegt und spiele bisher im Proberaum damit, aber Hauptanwendung soll hinterher die Bühne werden. Bisher war ich live immer mit EVH5153 100W + 1-2 4x12er inklusive kleinem Rack und ein wenig Bodengedöns unterwegs. Alles natürlich schön in Cases verpackt. :) Als ich mir Anfang des Jahres ein neues Auto zulegen musste war schon die Überlegung, dass der ganze Mist ja da rein muss. Ich bin jetzt schon so froh, dass ich diesen Ärger in Zukunft nicht mehr haben werde.

Gestern erst hab ich im Vergleich mal den Kemper über den Return vom EVH und über die Yamaha gespielt. Für den Return hab ich wahnsinnig gutes Preamp Profil zur Verfügung gehabt und im direkten Vergleich zwischen vollständigem Amp und Preamp Profil war das absolut gleichwertig von der Qualität. :) Dann bin ich wieder auf die Yamaha umgestiegen und ich muss ganz ehrlich sagen, dass mir wirklich nichts fehlt. Ja, es klingt mehr nach HiFi als über den Amp, aber irgendwie passt es sich auch einfach gut ein. Außerdem ist der Sound im ganzen Raum ausgewogener, auch für alle anderen. Ein klein wenig tweake ich die Profile für die live Anwendung und drehe noch deutlich mehr Gain raus, aber es funktioniert richtig gut.

Jetzt fehlt mir noch ein vernünftiges Floorboard. Momentan nutze ich mein GLAB GSC-1, dass ich auch für mein Amp Setup habe, aber irgendwie kann ich damit nur die erste Bank vom Performance Modus bedienen, ich kann die zwar im GSC erstmal programmieren, aber irgendwas scheint er sich da nicht zu merken und sobald ich den Programmier Modus verlasse, ist der Kemper wieder auf Bank 1. Aber immerhin hab ich da schon mal 5 Sound Slots. :)
    Um den Monitor Sound besser steuern zu können hätte ich mir sehr einen High und Low Cut im Monitor Ausgang gewünscht. Je nach Bühnen Situation könnte man da extrem schnell den Monitor Sound mit anpassen.

Ich finde die dicken Amp Setups weiterhin echt scharf und find es auch cool, manchmal darüber spielen zu können. Aber... ich hab mich auch schon mal mit der EVH 412er Box im Winter eine vereiste Treppe runtergemault. Geistesgegenwärtig habe ich mich zwar schützend unter die Box gerollt, so dass ihr nichts passiert ist aber der Auftritt danach war schon eine kleine Herausforderung.

Jetzt muss ich nur noch ein wenig durch das Einrichten des Performance Modus durchsteigen. Besonders wann, wo welcher Name gesetzt wird und wann nun die Input Settings auch im Performance Modus gelockt sind und ob man zu einem Performance Slot auch ein Input Setting einzeln speichern kann usw. Aber dann kann es losgehen :)

Thank you very much for your kind words :)

@waraba
    Yeah, our drummer is a beast (ok, almost every drummer claims to be the beast) ... he played every song without any guide tracks, just out of his mind to a click track. When we spend more time in later production we will do some semi - live recordings with the Kemper. But this was kind of a "we need some quick demos" thing. :)

@sambrox
    Thank you for this, I have to spend more time playing more precisely for quad track rhythms. Next song will have only double tracked rhythms and it's a lot more up front and gives more room for the rest at the same time. I love quad tracked guitars but I need to practice more :whistling:
    Perhaps I will try out some dual-amp setup. Until now I didn't try to combine amps with the kemper during reamping but I think I will use the next song for some tests. Constant latency makes it possible ;)