Posts by sambrox

I assume you are noticing the volume drop on clean rigs mainly? Check out how to dial in Clean Sense. Do it for each guitar and save an Input section preset for both.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mine is at 440 and the damn bubble bounces + and (-) cents, Sometimes 20 cents from zero, even if I barely strike the string. Doesn't matter if I do 12th harmonics. Yes, all my guitars have pro setups.

Try tuning using only the neck pickup with the tone pot rolled all the way down. Usually it’s the high frequencies above the fundamental that throw tuners off. If your pickups have a lot of high frequency energy, that could be the cause.

...didn't realize you couldn't do things like assign buttons for fx / morphing without a remote.

You can, actually. From the manual:

Assignments without Remote

If your PROFILER Remote is not connected, or if your stage is so huge that your PROFILER is miles away from the Remote, you will not be able to reach both at the same time. In this case, enter the Remote Effect Buttons page in Rig Settings, hold one of the four soft buttons, and press one or more effect module buttons to complete the assignment.

I bought an HX Stomp and have an FM3 that should ship next week... if I take up the option.

Just seeing what the other sides are like; I’m Kemper for life ^^

Just tried them out and they all sound really nice. A few questions though Bea:

Were you using the Studio EQ in Stomp A for the VX100 G2 rig in the comparison? If so why?

Was the Compressor on in the VX100 Clean example?

Why are all of the rigs set with the Rig Volume Maxed out? I nearly blew me head clean off when I played the first chord :D

He wrote that he "added a few bits to them". I guess that would mean the Stomps and tweaks...? RabeaAfro

It doesn’t sound like you’re experiencing the same thing as the infamous “cocked wah”. Try turning the noise gate in the input section all the way off and see if that makes a difference. How are you monitoring the Kemper? What is your signal path? Other than that, you’d have to provide sound clips for the forum before it could help you further.

Sam it has changed my mixes as much as the kemper did ...honestly ...I hardly use my monitors anymore ...takes a little while to get used to but my mixes are faster and more consistent now and translate well ...

Interstingly it has also made me appreciate profiles in a different way hearing them more accurately..

And .....I can hear all of this on any computer system anywhere ..seriously impressed

That’s a serious endorsement!

I am interested in how it does it’s cab and the ability to set up different mics. If it’s just an IR loader that ignores your real cab’s sound then bugger that. If instead it can separate cab from amp as the Kemper does and also allow you to virtually change the mic you used originally keeping your own cab and room in the picture then that would be impressive.

I think the Captures are like the Rig Player in TH-U, in that it is an enclosed block in the signal path. In TH-U, they have included the Kemper parameters stolen from the Amp block, but if they have "profiled" the whole chain, you can only turn the Cab on or off, not swap it out (I assume that turning the Cab off will activate the equivalent of Kemper's Cab Driver algorithm, guessing at where the amp ends and the cabinet begins). As far as I've seen of the QC, you can't even turn off the Cab of a captured "whole" rig. I think most users will likely have to rely on capturing DIs via a dedicated output or through a load box and then add an IR after the Capture block in the signal path.

Also hope this setup is also usable for a potential Quad Cortex, that i may also try in future. Hope it goes well with the Kone FRFR setting.

The Kone FRFR setting is only selectable with the Profiler, as the Profilers DSP is used to "flatten" the GFR response of the Kone. Try playing through the Kabinet/Kone without the setting switched on in the Output menu and you'll hear what you'll experience with any other piece of gear going through the Kabinet/Kone.

That part of the profiling manual is for when you want to capture DA or Merged profiles, accurately separating the cabinet from pre- and power amp. Rabea was only trying to capture a Studio profile, so it didn’t apply.

No, there is a new feature in 3.0 for the Helix. all effects and amps must be on the same path and will use the same cpu if set in the global configuration. when switching to a new preset, it is absolutely immediate. THe problem is that your patches have to be simple enough and cpu friendly to run on one path and nothing is on the other path at all.

Ahhhh that’s why, then. I don’t have any presets that use a single path. Now that excerpt in the manual about the Digitech processor makes sense.

Once again, it's stuff that can be worked out in software. Button functions can change, the GUI can change. It's only the hardware that stays. As an example the Helix just came out with true preset spillover, meaning there is no delay at all when changing presets. Others will follow.

I think you mean no audio gap. There certainly is delay when switching presets (delay of the latency/lag kind as well as the effect kind). The snapshots are lag free, though.

Profiling the Peavey Ultra Plus is not possible ! Every time you try to profile the Kemper says : noisegate detected - but there is no noisegate...

According to the manual, the Crunch and Ultra channels have a noise gate built in. It isn’t the only Peavey amp to have an internal noise gate that can’t be switched off.