Posts by VCuomo

Use the volume pedal range (Rig button, IIRC). Toe down is your solo volume, adjust the range so that toe all of the way up is your rhythm volume. Just as fast (actually, IMO, faster) than a button. Problem solved.

... Chris, if you think the PE60 is very close to neutral and uncolouring you're totally wrong. It is not even remotely close. :)
    And it's not even remotely similar to the CLR.
    Only with the cheaper price you're correct.

I totally agree, and I've also owned a PE60. The CLR is by far the superior product. The only thing that the PE60 has over the CLR is that the PE60 is lighter (although it may not be lighter, or lighter by very much, than the Neo CLR).

Thanks, I'll give this a try! Just out of curiosity, did you power-off the KPA, then power it back on and check the noise gate setting?

Are you sure it's being locked? It should show a symbol of a lock if the noise gate is indeed locked.

It's not "locked" - it just isn't being saved (or maybe restored) with the rest of the Input Section in a rig or performance slot. In my case, nothing on my KPA is locked.

Hey Vince, wouldn't saving (and recalling) a different Input setting for each guitar be a solution?

It would be if the Noise Gate was saved along with the rest of the Input Section (as the manual says it should). :)

In fact, that is really part of what I do when I tailor each slot in a performance bank for a particular guitar. But, unfortunately, the Noise Gate setting isn't being saved; or, perhaps, it really is being saved, but it's not being recalled correctly.

Fair enough. I have the same issue with slots available. You wouldn't have both on though that's why I mentioned the stomp area so it accomplished what you originally wanted..staying with the rig. I believe the main gate is set and stays at that setting across the board. Could be wrong but when I checked it that was what happened.

That's how it seems to work on my KPA. It should work the way the manual claims it works... :)

Try a gate in the stomp section and leave the other off. See if it works for you.

I'm sure that would work, but that takes up a stomp slot (and in my case I don't have any free slots). And I would still have to remember to manually turn off the Noise Gate in the Input Section (having both gates on wouldn't be a good thing) since it can't be saved to an "off" setting.

... Its a a real pain having to turn up the noise gate every time I switch rigs. ...

For me it's the opposite - the Noise Gate is up too high (about the middle of its setting range) and I have to turn it down (especially for humbucker-equipped guitars).

Here is how to store the Noise Gate -

From the manual:

Like Clean Sens, the NOISE GATE setting is part of the Input Stage, and is stored with the rig as well as with an input preset. When the Input Stage is locked, the NOISE GATE is locked as well. ...

This is untrue, and to my knowledge has not worked for any firmware version over the last year that I have owned my KPA. I think I even posted a thread about it somewhere on this forum. The Noise Gate does not appear to be saved with the rig.

I suggest Locking the input settings, with the noise gate and clean sense set your your guitar.

In my case I do not want to lock the input settings. I use different guitars and each of my performance banks is tailored for a specific guitar; part of that tailoring is the Noise Gate, Clean Sense, and Distortion Sense settings. Locking the Input Stage is not a "solution" for this problem.

I hope that this problem will be addressed soon; it's been around for a long time...

I'd be surprised if Kemper posts instructions for a user to change the battery, as that would include opening up the unit. The Kemper "approved" method to replace the battery will most likely be to send your KPA to an authorized repair facility, as is the case with many (most?) manufacturers' products containing an internal battery.

OTOH and no offense intended, but if you can't figure out on your own how to open up the KPA and replace the battery without instructions then you probably shouldn't attempt to do so even with instructions... If you know what I mean... :)