Posts by carsnguitars58

Great idea!
    Gotta agree... For all the useful features we have available to us in order to "sculpt" our sounds.
    Cabinets changes (to me) have the most significant and penetrating value.

db9091 - Thx... Certainly no offence taken.
    Joke all you like, but I've been a Parker fan for some 12 years now.
    This is my third Parker and happens to be a US Namm Mojo Nitefly. ;) (A definite keeper)
    They may look weird, but (to me) are comfortable as anything and play simply fabulous which is all the matters.

Now that I've got this 60th Strat in order, gotta get busy learning to record some tones.

Recently finished bringing this 60th anniversary strat back to stock.

I'm sharing this for a couple of reasons.
    1) I'm pretty excited how it turned out.
    2) How I went about it. / What went into it. ToneShaper

Background: I found this guitar locally where the previous owner had modified it with a Hum/Sing/Hum setup with all kinds of push/pull stuff I wasn't really interested in. Condition wise. it's been a "case-queen" since new and fortunately he retained the original pickups which went with the deal.

My goal was to bring it back to a stock set-up, but to wasn't too crazy about standard soldering to bring it back to 250K pots.

I found a used ToneShaper unit for a great price to address what I was looking to do.
    The end result is a playful quality strat with some added benefits you'd never know existed unless explained.

• An incorporated Volume Kit retaining true tone during volume adjustments
    • A dip switched 33 uf cap setting
    • An incorporated Blender Mode between the Neck and Bridge pickups

Have a look! http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24533220

Between my Parker for gains and this Strat for cleans, I now have my tonal arsenal in order. ^^

I couldn't agree more! These above mentioned profiles also put a huge grin on my face.

Remember the criteria I'm using here are profiles that are inspiring to play which bring out the character of whatever guitar it's played through.
    Now that you got the idea of what I'm trying to capture. How about some others from the community...

I'm sure there's some other great "Elite" profiles out there like those mentioned.

Ahem - another "Rock On" please?

This is akin to the thread Admin Don created, but stepping up the criteria just a bit.

With 5K plus profiles we all currently have in Rig Manager to select from, we all have our special purpose favorites.

However some profile captures have that special (????) that simply inspire you to just PLAY.
    Moreover many profile captures sound inspiring whether played through Singles, Humbuckers, EMG's etc.

I know there are other profiles like these capturing the tonal dynamics, nuance and God-smack inspiring results across the board.

Since we already have a Commercial Area designated to the great profiles these folks do, I'm hoping to keep this list limited to just Rig Manager or shareware availability.

So lets see em. :D

Following a more detailed comparison, I decided to get this instead.
    http://www.native-instruments.…erfaces/komplete-audio-6/

I chose the Audio 6 mostly for it's ability to slave to the the Kemper @ the 44.1 rate.
    Favorable feedback write-ups also influenced me a bit as well.

Perhaps the M-Track-Plus could have handled the 44.1 as well, but I simply couldn't verify that.

Anyway, now all the connections and RTFM learning curve fun begins.
    It's all good. : )

FastRedPonyCar - I'll mention I've been a fan of your postings as far back as youtube.
    Back then I discovered your Egnater Renegade posts while I had my Renegade head loaded with KT77's/88's.

I also admired your Tokai, EB JP guitars

Since then, I've appreciated your Kemper Soldano, Jubilee, and (now) Mark V uploads.

You have a very transparent approach to your profile captures which seem to work very well.
    (At least for me)

Bravo and thanks so much for sharing.

Bravo Don for creating this thread. Found this through an unusual search.
    Although I never considered myself any type of "twit" (some others might LOL)

Moderators - Perhaps this could become a sticky.
    It's especially nice to get suggestions from others here given their user preferred choices.

Like others, my RigManager selection criteria typically consists of Amp choice, votes and # of votes.
    I'm highlighting here some of the otherwise low vote or unrecognized profiles I found to be very useful.

For clean sounds, I typically find myself gravitating to:
    Fender Champ 1967 (base) - Hays A great profile which makes me say "Whoa" every time.

For Dirt, some notables I like are:
    Soldano X88R Rhythm - Fastredponycar
    Bogner Anniversary B - kalvitz.com
    Rivera 30-12 CH2 Nin - Hays

Also, I favor several choices from Djemass, R.U.Sirious, and And44

This is more of a proclamation than a question.

While certainly not having the pleasure of owning (or testing) everything that's been out there, for comparison my all time favorite previously owned rig would have been my Mesa Triaxis => Randall RT 2/50 => Mesa 4X12 setup.
    TC Electronics G Force and Rocktron Midimate handling midi interface.

Well, it's been just over a year of Kemper => DXR10 rig ownership, I have to say, I grow more & more astounded with the Kemper as time goes on.

Notably (for me) is the concept of delivering quality and usable feature improvements and upgrades with expectations of only more to come. (Compare that to otherwise typical tube & cap maintenance)
    Add to that, the ever growing collective camp of a profiled tone library available thru both public and commercial sources.
    Now, I'm finding myself extending to it's integrated audio interface features never available to me quite like this before.

Typically these available options were never the case with me in over some 35+ years of playing.
    Beforehand it was always a selection and preservation process of a coveted tube amp, all the while gassing for something different it seemed.

Well...No more!

Of course everyone's experiences will be different, but I think it's safe to say Kemper's design will match both your musical tastes and tech savvy all the while at your own pace.

OK, poster-child speech is over. Rock on...

Thx Paul
    For several reasons, I'm very much liking your external audio interface recommendation approach.

To clarify:
    I do understand Rig Manager's connection is fundamentally a USB A style to a USB B style connection.
    I guess I just failed to mention I knew this.
    What I'm looking to accomplish with the SPDIF connection is a "soundbite preview" evaluation of a rig prior to downloading it.
    I believe this ability is possible as long as the SPDIF is connected to a PC, DAW or even my DXR10.
    Currently without this connection, I'm selecting downloads merely by description.
    (Poor, poor, pitiful me LOL)

Moreover, my other goal is to allow a direct realtime interface to the FCB1010 for simpler programming.

I did find that M-Audio offers an M-Track product which might just work for these needs.
    http://m-audio.com/products/view/m-track

If the M-Track offers the direct midi interface I'm expecting in order to leverage the FCB1010 PC Editor, I'd think it'd be a much better approach rather than messing with configuration of any sound card.

If the M-track does what I think it will, I think you just saved me a boatload of aggravation and brought a result much better than what I was looking for.

I chose to ask this here since I'm asking this for two different purposes.

Mainly it's for midi and spdif usage which I'm trying to get my (simple) head around in order to take better advantage of Kemper's offerings.

I'm upgrading a PC with Windows 8.1 but (as near as I can tell) will need some sort of sound card for these puposes.
    http://images.highspeedbackbon…5020/C44-5020-callout.jpg

As near as I can tell, leveraging the spdif connections from the Kemper will get me direct access to the sound card and Rig Manager.Correct?

My other goal is to achieve a direct interface of the FCB1010 via midi for controller editing. This is where my thinking might be dated.

My previous midi experience leveraged a sound blaster card's game-port in order to interface with the controller.

No problem getting a similar (mini) card to fit the PC I'll be using, but before doing so, I wonder if there's perhaps a more efficient way to go.

For instance, I've seen several types of USB to Midi controller connectors which may have advantages. Yes or No?
    I think I also read somewhere that Kemper requires a 48 spdif transfer rate for the interface to work. Can someone confirm this please.

Any help here will guide me in selecting the proper card for these purposes.

Thanks in advance.

Like so many others, I'm keen on what Kemper's Foot Control will actually be.

FWIW - I occured to me that over the year's "experimenting" with several different foot controller designs I have to say (for my needs) my all time favorite has been the Johnson J12. Why?
    Integrated cabling, smart button positioning, legible display, build in expression pedals, mangeable size.

This features list can probably share it better than I can. ftp://ftp.digitech.com/Johnson/catalogs/J12.pdf

Whatever Kemper elects to deliver, I'm confident it'll be the same (or greater) caliber as their flagship Profiler product.

Peteus - Given the size constraint your working from, the only one that comes to mind would be a Rolls MiddyBuddy. http://www.rolls.com/pdf/M_MP128.pdf

But be aware, although robust, these are rather dated and "limiting" controllers.
    I say limiting since they're somewhat dated and awkward to program.
    I had one these for a brief period back in day and quickly "flipped" it for something else to better suit my midi needs of the time.

Many here (like myself) use the Behringer FCB1010 with dedicated chips designed to work with Kemper for increased programming simplicity.
    I also found a clever SKB soft case with shoulder straps (SKB-SC2709) for about $40 U.S.
    No problems toting it around anywhere.

No definitive word on the Kemper's controller size, but I believe it's expected to be revealed for the Winter Namm event. Finger's crossed ; )

Hope this helps.