Posts by danniee

This actually happened to me twice. I recorded a whole album with a few cents off before I realized something was wrong. I didn't even know you could adjust the hz setting like that. Very disturbing for me. After that I was being very careful and now 2 years later it happened again. When I looked the other day it had changed even without me realizing it and I had to do all the tracks all over again. Even though it was only off by a small amount it was not acceptable to me and I had to trash all the guitar takes. So personally I think this is a pretty serious "flaw". The tuner itself however is outstanding and my first choice.

I think this is something that needs to be addressed. Maybe I'm the only one with this problem, but to me it has proved to be quite a significant problem. I often have my Kemper set on the tuner setting so between takes I tend to do some fine tuning. However, this time after recording several tracks I noticed that I must have accidentally turned the hz adjust wheel so instead of the standard 440 setting it was something like 436. I had to do all the takes all over again. I feel it's way too easy to accidentally hit the adjust wheel and the numbers are so small that you hardly see it says 440 or whatever. How often do you want to adjust this setting anyways? It should probably be better if you would have to make another step to adjust this.

Thank you.

Anyone know if there are any Marshall Mosfets around? I don't seem to find any. Preferably profiled with a Marshal 4x12.

@danniee: no offence, but from reading your posts I believe you have not dealt at all with the paradigm shift that is listening to a miced amp vs. a conventional listening experience with an 'amp in a room'.
    To get the best out of your profiler this is the first thing you should do, otherwise you will never be able to truly appreciate what we have here.
    Secondly, please read the manuals (both the basic and the comprehensive one).

No offence taken. This was no critisism towards the Kemper. I think I made it clear that I love my Kemper more than anything in my studio. It's the best gear I ever invested in. I believe you when you say that what I am hearing is how a miced amp in reality sounds recorded. I listened to some clips of amps on the Thomann site and they sounded harsh too. I think I remember way back when I recorded my Blackstar by micing it that it sounded harsh that way too without the Kemper being even involved so I know you are most likely right. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong. You live and you learn. However, I am curious how other make the solos and guitar tracks sound so "soft" and "warm" in the high end. I find it hard to reproduce.

Thanks.

On the first page of the thread you said you're listening through headphones (guess I should try that just to compare).
    When you play your Blackstar "live" are you hearing your Blackstar through headphones as well?
    Have you tried your Kemper "live" through your Blackstars poweramp and cabinet?

You don't know what Pure Cab is?
    Press the OUTPUT button, scroll until you see Pure Cabinet...is yours ON?

Yes I am listening through headphones.
    When I play my Blackstar "live" I don't use headphones, I hear the combo speakers directly.
    I have never tried my Kemper "live" through my Blackstar HT-5 combo.

I don't know what "Pure cab" is. Even though I've owned my Kemper for over 2 years I do think it's a little bit complex with too many buttons so I mostly just load my profiles and play. They sound awesome and I love my Kemper, I just think it sounds a little too harsh than what I expect from listening to other albums, both big productions and small.

Output Addons? Pure Cabinet seems to be inactivated. Should it be on?

By the way, I managed to profile my Blackstar combo today, first time I ever tried profiling and it sounds awesome. Sure, still harsh compared to just playing the combo live in the room but still sounds way better than just micing the amp and recording it that way.

I searched "pure cab" and see that some too felt profiler to be a little brittle and that pure cab smoothed frequencies out.

I just played my Blackstar Combo "live" and it sounds so much warmer, like no comparison. I know however that when I mic it the recorded sound will sound harsher for sure tho. So basically it is all in the mix?

Ok so miced up amps recorded generally tends to sound harsher than listening by ear while playing? The guitar tracks I hear on most records sound so much warmer while mine sounds a bit harsher no matter what guitar I use.

I've been using the Kemper for probably 2 years now and while I love it and while it is still by far the best thing I ever invested in for my guitar tone in my home recording studio I still think it tends to sound a bit on the harsh side overall (I usually play with distortion and it doesnt matter much which profile I use). Am I honestly the only one to hear this?