Posts by slateboy

the edit buffer is is always restored after a reboot. If the edit buffer was corrupted by an unexpected power down it will fail and display the error message that you saw. Clearing the buffer will fix this.

@hjscheffler, would you advise a re-install of the OS as a safe precaution in this situation?
    Obviously not something to do at a gig as it takes several minutes and i imagine a power-loss during OS installation presents greater problems.
    Im not sure how the OS memory is allocated or if it is written to during normal operation but guessing there's a separate memory area for edit buffers and user-files and rigs.

Half way through gig tonight we had power loss and then as the KPA was rebooting another power loss.
    Resulted in a long error message on the screen when trying to use performance mode after what appeared to be corrupt performance slots and an idle unit with the last sound played. Didn't read message as it was mid set but thought I caught something like contact support, I think. Wouldn't power down so forced reboot by power cycling and the same. Eventually discovered browse mode worked so limped through the first set with this. During break I restored from latest backup on USB stick and it appeared to solve the issue.
    Got a gig tomorrow and want to hear anyone's advice that may have experienced this themselves.
    Had power loss in the past but never followed by an interrupted boot cycle.

some of my favourite Mbritt @lonestargtr profiles in a little clip:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my Remote LEDs flicker every now and then on this firmware. I remember that happening in the past on an older firmware as well. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality at all though.

i noticed that too. very occasional- thought it was my eyes. as I've mentioned elsewhere, i believe cpu processing favours the audio with lower priority for visual elements.

however, i do get frustrated by having to make multiple attempts at tapping my tempo as the tap-tempo button often returns some random tempos

...one more question (sorry this is turning into an epic thread!)
    With reference to the latest FW, if my expression pedal is assigned to volume (heel quiet, toe full volume) what is the expected result if my expression pedal is in heel-position when i select a rig where volume is assigned to it? Will it jump to the quite value or do i have to move to toe-position before it takes effect?

thanks again

thanks for your comments and time looking into this issue, appreciated.

I was not aware that pitch could be a morphed parameter. Having had a bit of an experiment, i cant seem to make the pitch a morph variable.
    Please can you clarify what effect to use and how to set pitch to morph as this could be the solution i'm looking for.

many thanks again

EDIT:
    found it: in the system settings, page 5

i recall some fix being implemented a while back that allowed vinyl-stop pitch bends to work from toe to heel for those who wanted it that way round. does this mean that is now the state for anyone else who prefers this way round too?

Another solution that might solve this for everyone is that the pedal must be moved to its heel position before the effect engages rather than act immediately at toe position, thus avoiding an unwanted pitch jump upon rig selection.
    the Kemper team have always delivered options to suit all users and im guessing they are thinking really hard right now of a solution to cover all possibilities.

Thanks for your investigation into this.
    It is somewhat of a compromise, for myself, as only one song I use the pedal as a volume swell and another song as pitch bend, both having their neutral-values at toe position.
    I've reverted back to running fw v5.0.3 and all is well.
    So what was an error actually gave (me) a useful function ;)

could there be a future option to intiate to either min OR max during rig change so all users are then catered for?
    Thank you.

I understood that to install an older FW you had to hold down page up+down upon powering on. My mistake, having never had to do this before.

Should i be concerned or take action that my older/saved internal-settings/rigs/etc (that were updated as part of the installation of 5.1.1) be backward compatible as i'm now running an older firmware?

Having some issues with 5.1.1 so i inserted a USB stick with the earlier 5.0.3 FW on it and the screen offered "do you want to upgrade to the latest 5.0.3 firmware available"
    Surely this should recognise that this is an older version?
    Or have i misunderstood and inserting any firmware other than what is currently installed gives an option to "cross-grade" (assuming there is no "would you like to downgrade" text presentation)

Video demo for better explanation

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Be interested to hear how others use their pedal pitch effect and if they've noticed any differences in the latest fw