Posts by Morty

Why did you turn constant latency on? It is not for a setup like git - KPA - amp.

I think It has bin default since i bought it! I am used to play on simple tube amps A lot of the settings menues i have not touched.. i have only added FX loop and tweaked som EQ, sence and output on the rigs i have made

The more i read about Latency the less i understand! I was doing an experiment yesterday We was playing trough som tunes with my band. I turned off the constant latency. I felt the sound was better and more amp like. cutting trough better! it was not trough PA, only my Yamaha DXR8. Can I disable constant latancy on a gig with PA? or is this a bad idea?

[quote='sambrox','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16378-What-do-you-plug-in/?postID=174612&#post174612']Again, very very nice! I really like the look of Anderson and Suhr guitars, it's just a pity that they're so expensive/difficult to get hold of here in Europe.

Thanx! I live in Norway what i realy like with Anderson guitars is the feel and comfort and very much option list to choose from! close dialog with Tom Anderson Guitarworks during building! changes and adds, no problem..looks are not so bad either! :) dynamic and clear pickups who respond very good to a tubeamp and also the Kemper who is my live friend at the moment!

My main guitars is 2x Tom Anderson Drop Top with different pickups and characteristics. A Fender Prodigy that i bought new in 1991. I have also a Tylor Accoustic, Dean Resonator (Dobro) and a Mandolin. Its the guitars that i use most.

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/IMG_0079_zps6edd0c5e.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/image-8_zps54b91261.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/Guitars/Fender.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/Guitars/Picture487.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/Guitars/Picture054.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s482/mortyblack/Guitars/Picture488.jpg]

Hi Morty.........while waiting for Pacocito's answer, please: the sound change is just a joke me and others did to laugh about the trend to say a FW sounds different.

I'm not saying that everyone who claimed that wasn't right. but I can assure you that the most majority of people hearing a change was just a psychological trick.[/quote]

Ok English is not my mother language, so maby i did not understand this was a joce! but the thread is serious, and if its a difference in sound/frequenses i would like to hear!

I was updating yesterday from 2.4.0 to 2.7.0 I did not hear much difference!!
    what did you hear Pacocito? in what way was your sounds different, and what is better?
    I listened on some of my favourite rigs, but did not hear anyting special realy!

I formated thge USB stick in the Kemper, and then it was ok. easy! :) I went from 2.4.0 to 2.7.0
    I just took a short listen to some of my favourite rigs, and did not hear any different in my sounds realy!
    Its a big improvement in chrackelingsounds, and no popping when switching between presets any longer!
    I have not played trough a PA yet, but i guess it will behave like before! I will check out some of the new technical tings later

I can't figure out how to upgrade the software!! I have currently the 2.4.0 I have downloaded the 2.7.0 and put the kaos.bin file into the OS Update folder. Plug it into my Kemper and nothing happens! if i push the external storage button i just have the chooses, import/export backup and format. Hvat i am doing wrong? I download from a MAC into a USB memory stick! following the instruction from the PDF in the download!

It's only crackling noises on start-up. I wonder if there has been an improvement in the cases where users have been reporting crackling in clean profiles. Haven't run into those problems myself, but there are quite a few users that brought it up. Of course, we haven't heard back from them for some time, so perhaps it's all a-ok.

i will give a report after uppgrading! I play mostly clean rigs and som with breakupclean and light distortion

i did not have the nerve to uppgrade.. I have so many jobs right now. But i see the 2.7.0 have come, and i think this is my next uppgrade.. i may tray this evening. do i just export the backup on my USB stick?
    lookingforward to se the difference in clean sounds and this crackeling noises have bin better

There's an amp section in the Profiler, which as it suggests is the amp model being used by the profile, It's at the top-centre of the Kemper panel. If you turn off the amp, you'd still be running through the cabinet used in the profile. If you don't want this, turn off the cab as well and just run through whatever effects you'd like.

I don't think you can get more acoustic than an acoustic though, so makes sense to turn off the amplifier and rely on your acoustic's natural sound and preamp. Might be fun to run it through some delay and chorus ^^

Yes thats right, but dont remember what verson.Maby it ws E! I dont like overprosessed or to much compression. I like it natural, but some smooth open reverb a little tiny bit of dely on solo playing. I got compliments for my acc sound from a bassplayer Yesterday. we are working with some consert with a choir

i use a T.C. G-Force for dely and reverb. run it trough the FX-Loop. the mix have to stay at 100% if not the sounds become quacky. Its quite a big volumedrop when i use the effectloop, but input signal on the G-Force is very high! dont quite understand it. I am used to play on tubeamps with FX-Loop, and the behave a bit different.
    Maby its unnessesary to use it, but i dont find that reverb and dely that i am familiar with on the Kemper! its too boxy and not as open as i want. The dely is too defined..not organic

I took one of the accoustic profiles and turned of the amp. i could tweak it to a very true accoustic sound on my Tylor. I use dely and reverb from my G-Force

I have just downloaded some rigs from Ampfactory. I have a MAC and don't understand how i can import these files into the Kemper. i have imported a lot of rigs from the exchanche, and they automatically come as Kipr. files, but the rigs i have downloaded from Ampfactory come as Rar.files How doe i get the Kipr files from this Rar files on my MAC?

I also love my tube amp, but the Kemper does not disepoint me! I was playing a consert yesterday and the sound engineer came up an looked at my amp and wondered what tis was with all the fancy lights :) I told him it was a German Profiling amp. I am using in ear and a Yamaha DXR8 for stage monitoring.
    After the gig the sound engineer came and told me that all guitar sounds i had used for the condert was good! :) I have to work a bit more on my clean sounds, and cut some frequenses, because trough PA it sounds a bit to much.. This little DXR8 rocks the flor almost as good as my CAE 2x12 cab does!