Posts by V8guitar

Thanks for the reply! I did read that. I do get that I can use the Monitor Out to run it to a power amp. My question is can I do that AND run the Speaker out to another cab at the same time??

I don't see any reason why not ( as you can use monitor outs at the same time) BUT I'd question why.

The sound, just due to the different speaker set ups and relative volumes will be a nightmare to balance, along with any FOH through the main outs.

Your best bet is to either:

1) Get 2 powered cabs the same as suggested - Yam DXR10's etc...

2) get a stereo power amp - matrix seem to be highly recommended

3) Ask yourself do you really need stereo and save yourself the bother. I stopped using stereo many years ago because it did make the sound wider...which is not necessarily good in a band ( depending on music type and number of guitarists) and it can mush it up. Its certainly not louder, just a bigger spread. If you are not loud enough with a 600 watt amp then something else is wrong..

For me, keeping it simple is more effective. a direct sound eq'ed well will cut better than a heavily effected sound ( as a sweeping statement).

In reality its probably too early to conclusively say. Some people have had problems but lots have been solved so I think its difficult as a community to give a view on failure rates ( which in effect is what you are asking).

Just from what I am observing, I would go with the form factor.

If there are issues hardware wise, Kemper respond very well to customer issues so even if there was a "weakness" I think it would get sorted anyway.

I've only ever had a power rack. The deciding factor for me was the convenience of the power amp. I've been running it now for over 5 years, never had any hardware OR software issues. Solid as a rock. If I did not need the amp and was starting again, even with some of the issues that have been raised, I would not hesitate to get a stage.

One of the good things for me with IEM is getting the volume down and preserving my hearing. Again, you have to adjust, but it is well worth it.

For feedback, I get a little guitar volume through the wedge.

Yeah I still have some back line because the rest of the band don't use IEM's. they tend to use plugs. I just have to be more disciplined.

I guess what I was trying to ssay was to agree with some of the other comments, we as guitarists get used to certain sounds and approaches...it took me 18 months to finally convince myself I wasn;t missing anything from a valve amp purely as a mindset thing...

A good article on the matter - whether you agree or not?

https://www.theguardian.com/mu…most-underrated-rock-band

Quo are one of the bands that changed rock and opened it up and made it accessible. They get ridiculed for their 12 bar blues approach, but actually their music can be more complex than that. Defo get a bad rap.

Given my last name is Parfitt ( no relation though), my fav guitar is a tele and I'm from the UK, I have to agree....

No.. There is nothing bad about being old school..as long as we can enjoy new experiences.

I was just wondering that (knowing that most guitar players have already been to a recording studio at least "once in their life") the transition to monitors is still that difficult.

I can understand the difficulties with headphones and even more with IEM..but the chapter "studio & stage monitors" should have been closed many years ago.;)

I totally agree its something to get used to... I still struggle a bit with IEM's...I just miss the thump of the band...until I get home and my ears are ringing and I think why did I have to do that.

It took me a bit of time to "like" FRFR but now I prefer it.

Nothing extra to say that hasn't been said.

Thanks for the update and no issue with it being delayed to get it right - no one will argue with that :). Good on you all for maintaining the quality you have spoilt us with so far!

you cannot delete any performances in the hardware. If you want to get rid of performances you need to overwrite them with a "blank" one by using the destination parameter in the store menu of the PROFILER in perform mode. Select a "blank" performance and then store it to the destinations of the unwanted performances.

Really? I could have sworn I had done it...fair enough!

Unless there is a bug with the latest releases, you can delete them ( I've done it).

I would recommend moving them anyway just in case you need them in future. You just click and drag into a folder..

Hey V8 !

I will definitely go stereo (fake one), you need 2 Kempers for a real one, BUT the effects in stereo .. in my opinion is totally a different univers and approach... and to be honest the HeadRush is so small and light than having two will be so easy !

Stereo front and monitors

Cool. For me, in a 2 guitar band its not that perceptible and can even make it mushy, but yeah no reason not to do it.. Go for it :)

Yeah, I was a pants slide player, took me sometime to get close.

Blindman was a very special song for me. Sadly our singer passed away and it was one of his favourites.

I have a memorial tattoo dedicated to him from the live version of aint no love with the words " sing it beautiful, sing it for me"....

When he passed we got a condolence message from David via twitter, which was really cool.

Great music.

All giants have this..this fear that any thing of real value could be lost!;)

Though many old blues based players of the old school looked down on shredders like Paul..most of these 80s shredders (with exception of malmsteen maybe..^^)indeed always loved to share.All the old school blues based guys..not so much..strange,huh?:/

Paul is a great guy.Has always been..

Malmsteen likes to share.....how brilliant he is..instead of explaining what he is doing, he just goes " I do this"...:)

You are right some Blues players don;t but I think that's a generational thing. Of all the videos I've seen of Rory, no-one really asks " how do you play xxxx".

I used to be in Whitesnake tribute band and I played all the Micky Moody stuff....I couldn't find anything on line for his technique, but then I don;t think he was part of the youtube generation..

Where are the stats that show most people who access this forum do so using their phone?

Really? Is this what we are now debating?

Most might not be correct but some is...

Anyway, both a pointless debate....Axe products are great, so is Kempers...move on chaps...

Also i don't really understand when you say than you prefer it because you can control your stage volume using the KPA and not the monitor ? Let me know if i'm wrong, but the KPA can control active/passive monitor with master volume knob if you unlink the Main Outs, so using the KPA for control the stage volume. That's what you mean ? I'm a bit confuse.

Glad you made your choice, nice one.

For info what I meant is in an unpowered monitor, I am controling the power amp only and therefore the volume of the amp. With a powered monitor, you are changing the amount of gain into it from the KPA, which is different because you will have less range ( between not enough gain and the associated noise to clipping/unwanted distortion). Its not a big deal but more of a balancing act to manage.