Posts by tntent

If you hold a section or block button to enter edit mode for the block or section, you just press Lock to lock/unlock that block or section.

If you are not in edit mode for a block or section (like when you press the Exit button), you can press and hold the Lock button. While holding it, all locked blocks/sections are lit up. If you want to lock additional ones, you press that button while continuing to hold Lock.

For your purposes, load the rig, hold lock, and while continuing to hold it, press Stomps and Effects. Then let go of lock - all stomps and effects are locked and you can load other rigs with those stomps/effects brought over

Thanks for that thorough explanation. Now I really get it.. This is what I really was trying to do. The other method I can lock that section only. So it's more difficult to say move stomps pre and effects post all at once.. This thing is so flexible and I'm still learning new things continuously

Yes it controls the kemper with the uno 4 k with a single cat 5. It does not connect to the network jack on kemper but my custom box Velcro into back of lunchbox. I spent more on the cable than the rest of the project. Although a regular cat 5 works fine, I carry one as a backup along with standard power and midi in case I ever have problems. Seems flexible quality cat 5 is expensive. Remote buyers may appreciate that you can buy ethercon neutrik connectors yourself(eBay) and whatever cable you want or get elite core cable and cs45 connectors... Elite core cs45 connectors are more flexible in that you can easily remove ends to use as a reg cat 5 or use with the locked in neutrik jacks. In the end, good flexible cable was all expensive and I thought I could use the new style elite core connectors as I've be3n experimenting playing online with family.. That's another topic entirely

Thought I would show off my amazing engineering feat. I just mostly copied other ideas I found by Googling and merged them together with my own. It took me quite some time to get it done and was somewhat difficult. Drilling the hole in the fcb and mounting the rj45 is not so easy. Thankfully I owned a dremal which was used a lot. The power is a dc wall wart I took apart and soldered the wires directly to the IEC plug. Soldering such tiny connectors proved to be quite difficult in particular on the neutrik rj 45 jacks. I eventually used old pc pin plugs I got from a pc repair store. They have small metal crimped on connectors that slide over pins on boards and have a plastic protective covering. I cut these up into individual wires to make soldering easier. Board is still functional with old midi and power or any combination as well. I wired in a dpdt switch that has an off in middle and bypassed the old switch completely..the box holding the conversion is held by pedal board tape

Or...... you could lock the effects go to the rig you want the effects on then press save. Unlock effects and all should be good

This is what I was trying to do but for some reason it wasnt working for me.. I guess I should learn how to use the lock feature. do you press lock then touch what you want locked ? Im sure this thread will prove useful for other noobs.

Looking for something smaller than the FCB. The issue is that i'm using a few outboard effects so having such a big controller board is somewhat of a liability.

based on this and your original qoute Im pretty sure you can use momentary stomp switches of about any variety through the jacks on the back when set up correctly in the kemper and the right ts or trs cabling. I believe you can get at least 3 on off slots this way. perhaps someone with more experience and knowledge than I can elaborate.

Im sure this has been covered but you know I am a bit lazy sometimes. I am trying to figure out and easy way to copy all my effects from one rig to another. I guess I still dont quite understand how to use the lock and or on/off effectively. i use the copy function frequently but Im looking to copy multiple slots at once.

Thanks paults . I can't wait to to try these knowing what you've done with some of your other sounds

ok its confirmed ! these are awesome! Wow the kemper just gets better and better. Played around with some other delays I have saved as well . u2 styles, heavily modulated,etc,etc. these with the pitch shifted can create some wild stuff. My head is spinning. Very interesting when varying muting with pitch shifted delay trails...

Not sure exactly what youre hoping for switch wise but the behringer fcb1010 is pretty inexpensive relatively speaking but does way more than you have mentioned. add a uno 4 kemper chip and have a plug n play full controller. about 150 $ new for board and 30-40 for an upgrade chip.

also there is a sticky of the footcontroller adaptations for kemper

Meambobbo these are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I actually own a BigSky and while it has alot more flexibility I had no idea the Kemper could get even remotely close. Just an excellent job my friend. I really love the bloom and the shimmer presets. Seriously wondering now if I can just use these and get rid of the BigSky. I play in a worship band so I have to have these big ethereal sounds. These just might fit the bill. Hats off to you for taking the time to make these. They sound great with the Morgan AC20 with the gain backed down. Love it!

THIS...... If things get any better with 3.0 it's going to be hard to justify keeping my existing strymon and other pedals

[quote='andyg_prs','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/18719-Using-DXR-with-band/?postID=202435&#post202435']Thanks guys, I rushed my post. My questions are:

1. How do you mount your Kemper when using a DXR - I'm fine with the DXR, I can use it with the stand or as a wedge.
    2. Do you see any issue with the singer sharing the DXR with me while I'm using it with the Kemper?

Cheers,
    Andy[/quote

take a look in this topic where there are a few options mentioned for the Dxr and kemper
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…-lunchbox-stand-solution/?

Agree with all of these. Anything to free up effects slots appreciated. I think the ability to put first in the chain without a slot.. Trp pitch effects. Wah as mentioned can free a slot and be left on. Another reverb and another delay would ideal. I like to play with usually some mild delay and reverb on almost always. A second delay and reverb slot that can be left on without using slot would be great....Problem is I can't switch delays or reverb only on off without multiple performance modes which I have never used

I cant seem to get the imported into the kemper? the usb way, right?

exactly where and what did you download? He has combined his latest stuff with rigs so you can download via rig manager. OR you can download from his link extract and unzip all the files. If effects only they would need to go into the effects folder without any sub folders. Purely .kipr files for effects. Then proceed as normal for sub update. Hope this helps. You then have to hold down effects to see them if done this way.

just discovered debug mode. I know I'm not the first or only one. I was wondering if anyone has tried some of the options and found any benefits.. Specifically curious about the cpu frequencies and over clocking. And memory options. Do this actually allocate more memory for the cup and the bus ?