Posts by tntent

I think this is a viable alternative. Curious to see what the street prices end up. This has some useful features the remote does not. The g lab stuff looks great but the price is not for the weak. Gsc2 has no bank up down it can be added to mid level model for 99 and on my Christmas wish list the gsc 5 is only 1300 dollars

Any recommendations for monitor out to powered Frfr speakers.. Been using a quality instrument ts cable but I'm curious about wether Or not it would be better using a ts speaker cable.?

Glad to hear you like it. I appreciate mine even more now. Folds up well for transport and I can use my dxr10 on bottom or seperated with the bottom stand folded in. One more tip is that I just recently used black electric tape to position the sliding rubber bumpers on the stands in the exact preferred spot for my particular gear. That way they stay put.

Xlr would be preferred but gets used for foh and ts to monitor unlinked so I can grab the knob and turn up if required. I get everything else back from front of house via the reversed Xlr as well. Turn volume on Dxr way down and signal up as mentioned

Thanks for the tip, clarification, and most importantly again for all your work on these. More time than I could personally dedicate to achieving these great reverbs

Thanks again for all your work on these.. Question though.. Do I understand you correctly. That all these presets are loaded on to one of the two included amp models? I assume this means I can demo quicker but also need to save each and every preset to use with another amp model correct ? How will this work with your second release already installed on kemper? Won't I end up with multiples of the same effect due to the renaming when saving ?" Sorry if I'm being a newb I really found some of your work useful so I want to get the most out of it... Perhaps doing an effects only zip and one with amp models?

Are you still thinking of building this ? I have been thinking about it for a while but would love to get mine done. With the advancement of the kemper remote it has caused me to do some checking and digging. I have found that pins 4 and 5 are registering at approx 4.8v each. Im not sure exactly at this point how that conforms PoE or how to get them to 9.6v. I read somewhere that you need 6 to 10 volts yo power the fcb as the internal voltage is regulated down to 5 volts. it would be nice to come out of the ethernet port to the mounted project box to supply the power. Anyone with more advanced electronics or PoE knowledge that can comment ?

This is all very interesting. Kemper certainly does not want to tell us how this protocol works exactly but could be very useful if deciphered. It seems pins 4-5 are providing approximately 4.8 volts each. I'm wondering about using these as power for the FCB. Will they use a differential ? How can I make sure they are combined to form 9.6v ? How can I confirm or test without risk of damage ?

i think it would be great to see someone perhaps smarter than me who could put together a diy mod using the existing network connection on the kemper and a neutrik rj 45 tied into the fcb that will provide power, midi in and out... I don't see any reason this is not possible now that the kemper remote is being released and only uses the network connector. Comments ? Thoughts? Perhaps someone with more knowledge in electronics than I can chime in on schematics.. Is there any standard as to which connectors are midi in out power ground for instance in rj 45 ? Power provided via existing kemper jack vs fcb requirements ?

I haven't gone to any other single cable mod yet![/quote]
    Look here: http://www.fcb1010.eu/[/quote] I'm aware of that mod thanks though. I meant something that would not require a separate converter box, use the existing rj 45 out on the kemper, use a readily available rj45 cable and not cost more than the fcb did to the U.S.

I love the design, the separate pedal integration, of course the built in looper. It would be nice to incorporate quality volume, expression pedals plus some analogue stomps in one setup. However, for the cash$ I will be sticking to uno 4 Kemper for a while!

Now can someone smarter than me hurry up and develop a diy instructional mod to control and power the fcb via the rj 45 ! This certainly seems doable and why I haven't gone to any other single cable mod yet!

I been considering doing this but I would definitely just buy one if it we're clean and reasonable and made it simpler than the diy. The other one cable solution is way to expensive fur US with shipping and I like the cat 5. Also I would build the box so that a IEC power cable or even a y cable can just be used instead of some sort of Wall wart. ( standard female power cord on adapter box. ) also thought it would be nice if adapter box could be secured in back of lunchbox with existing screws.. Definitely all doable.