Posts by Luca79

I updated the firmare a few months ago, so I have version 7, but I can't find any presets.

If I keep pushed the "Effects" button and then scroll with the type and/or browse dials, I find all the algorithms, but no presets.

Where can I download them? I don't use Rig Manager so I simply need to import them via USB.

Thank you

Use the “Type” knob on the left side, not the “Browse” knob.

The Browse side will only have saved presets, sometimes from vendor Rigs

You can download or use the Rig Manager to try some Kemper presets .

There is a Rig pack you can download on the Kemper site that had effect examples, you can use a USB stick

Thanks but using the "Type" knob seems to go through the various effect types, it doesn't seem to find any presets. Will try again tonight.

BTW, under Rig Packs downloads on the Kemper site I was not able to find those presets.

Sorry for the confusion, but I can't seem to find any presets in my Kemper.

I have updated the firmware in early 2020 but I only have the algorithms, not the presets.

I don't use Rig Manager, is there a way to download them and import via USB stick?

Ok, I know that we should always record dry, and add any kind of reverb later in the mix.

But with the Kemper, even the great profiles can't have that subtle sense of room compared to a recording where close+room mics are used.

So, what can be used to add that feel while recording? Maybe a little of Space parameter, or some sort of specific reverb?

Thanks

I've been using the 69 Greenback cab with other profiles, it often makes them sounding great, but I notice that they all end up sounding very similar to the 69 Marshall profile the cab is borrowed from.

Is that normal, that the cab is so dominant that imparts 90% of the final sound, or I am doing something wrong?

I'm finding that I prefer the Marshall tones in the 2020 pack to the 69 pack, with a caveat. I use the Greenback cab from the 69 Marshall pack. It's an option I highly recommend trying, especially if you're like me and not a fan of the classic 80 for anything more than low gain.

You mean that you “Copy” the “Cabinet” from the 69 and “Paste” it on the 68?

Bought the 2020 pack, great tones in there!

I was comparing the 68 Marshall with the 69 Marshall from a few years ago, and they seem to be very different.

To my ears, the 69 with the Greenback cab is looser and more old-school, while the 68 seems to be more balanced and tame (not talking about gain levels, just the general voice even at low gain).

Both good, hard choice! Anyone else has opinions/preference on this?

I'm recording electric guitars and I need to find a way to get that kind of harmonic feedback just like it happens when getting close to a loud/overdriven cab.

My setup is: Guitar ---> DI box ---> Recording interface

----> from the DI box through ----> Kemper profiler ----> Recording interface

That way, I 'm capturing the Kemper amp sound, and a DI sound, on two separate tracks, because I want to try reamping the DI sound later with a real tube amps/cabs.

Is there a way to introduce feedback both on the Kemper amp track, and on the DI track, so that it can be faithfully reamped later?

I have a small guitar amp that can be useful from what I've heard, but I'm not sure how to proceed, what signal should I send out.

Thanks

Hmmm might have to pick those up. Here's a jam of some old riffs using the first Marshall profile from the Vintage Pack

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sounds awesome as always.

God I love Tylers. I want another.

Hey Sam, can I ask what profile were you using for these riffs? And... that Tyler sounds Amazing from what I can hear, congrats!

Lately I 'm noticing that when I mic a real amp, even with just one close mic, there is a natural sense of "reality", I guess it's due to the real space the amp is phisically in, that is missing with the Kemper if all effects are disengaged.
    It's no Kemper fault and it's quite an obvious thing, but I was wondering what's the best way to obtain the same alive sound with the Kemper.

I'd still record mainly dry and add effects later, but I'm looking for that perception comparable to a real amp recorded in a good room.

Maybe the Headphones Space parameter, or any other subtle reverb setting to leave always on?

Thanks!

This is one of the most informative tests I have heard. Simple and effective.

In the heavier gain part, the second one sounds less natural and a bit more congested, maybe it's a bass/low-mid hype or maybe something else, I just hear a difference.

The cleans are very nice and I can't hear a noticeable difference.