Posts by jzucker

I had a power rack back in the summer that was giving me similar issues. It would freeze on occasion and actually shut down on me at 4 different gigs. I did a re-burn from USB but that didn't solve the issue. Also one bank of LEDs was gone on it as well as the front glass was not in spec and was actually moving around on it.

I returned that unit. Thankfully my new non-powered rack has had no issues.

Ugh...I bought mine used. I have notified the seller that it is doing this and he has offered a refund.

Anyone done a clean jazz guitar rig with his delay settings:

delay:
    left side 13 ms
    right side 26 ms
    both sweeping with a sine wave at a low depth and rate

I used HD280s for a while but eventually found that they sound overly boxy. I'm happy with my K550s but would advise you not to rely on any headphones as a reference for tweaking your gig patches. Your best bet is to make final tweaks at gig volume using the flattest system you own.

I'm interested in headphones for practicing, not for tweaking rigs.

Not sure exactly what youre hoping for switch wise but the behringer fcb1010 is pretty inexpensive relatively speaking but does way more than you have mentioned. add a uno 4 kemper chip and have a plug n play full controller. about 150 $ new for board and 30-40 for an upgrade chip.

also there is a sticky of the footcontroller adaptations for kemper

Looking for something smaller than the FCB. The issue is that i'm using a few outboard effects so having such a big controller board is somewhat of a liability.

Actually, firmware sometimes gets corrupted on the Kemper, so it's not really a like-to-like comparison with how computers work. You should try this step out in case your firmware is problematic and hanging like this. I use 2.7.4 and it's pretty much plug and play with the rig librarian.

Ok, I will reset but I'd like to see something from kemper verifying that the firmware can get corrupt on a running system. You have citations for that?

No, I followed the instructions exactly. It's already got 2.7.4 installed. Installing an identical version on top of itself won't do anything.

I haven't heard of any issues with the firmware corrupting itself so I'm not sure what the point of that would be. I'm an engineer so I tend to think in terms of cause/effect.

Try another USB cable. If that doesn't help, attach the cable to a different USB port on the computer.

Version 2.7.4 has been available for quite awhile, and I don't remember hearing this issue before. Have you just installed 2.7.4, or was everything working with 2.7.4 until now?

if you read the update, the usp cable wasn't attached the last time it happened. I've been running 2.7.4 for a week