Posts by nEVH5150

Some of us are talking about live use here and some are referring to in a studio environment.... Which doesn't aid a constructive discussion if you aren't specifying which... You're just putting in your 2cents, which is fine and all but furthermore without really considering the original question.

On that note; for many, using the Kemper is about down-sizing (and as such, carrying extra to a gig for example is unnecessary when the Kemper main outs can deliver these 'entire rig' profiles anyway ie. Guitar all the way through to mic...including mic choice/preference/flavour and placement - this is what the profile details in fact...) which is why I asked what is aiming to be achieved by blending the 2? In a DAW environment as suggested you can just delay a track or nudge it... But I'm guessing this is referring to live / latency-free scenarios how to avoid phase problems.

EDIT: moreover, my understanding is if you wish to use guitar cabinetry (through the Speaker Out of powered Kempers) you engage "monitor cab off" NOT turn the cab emulation of using the soft button from the Amp/EQ/Cab 'stack section' - as this would disengage the cab emulation for the Main Outs (ie. That you would want sent to FOH for PA systems that are FRFR)

Was gonna say, why not just take the D.I. from the SPDIF ? And then blend that with your mic'd up cab...? In a DAW you can just align them by nudging one or other track....

But if using the Main Outs you would assume you'd be delivering much the same signal as a mic'd up cab anyway -- just need more clarity on which signals you are sending / what you are trying to achieve :)

Ok so now I'm a bit more clued up on monitoring units available.... The Atomic CLR Neo seems neat but also VERY pricey and even impossible to comeby... (I'm aiming to purchase something 2nd hand and CHEAP so I don't mind stepping all over it / beer getting spilled on it...!)

Can anyone recommend decent cheaper alternatives (in the UK ideally...) looking at the Yammy DXR range still kinda costly though

I was thinking about this the other day (if I'm understanding your thread title vs your question correctly...in perhaps a different scenario) -- would it be worth mic'ing a cabinet on-stage that my Kemper is running through, whilst simultaneously using those Main Outs....

Ie. Have Main Outs to the FOH and Speaker Out (on powered KPA versions) to guitar cabinetry on-stage

(and then mic'ing up that cab....)

Not sure if it would even be worth it as the one of the many benefits of the Kemper is sending a consistent sound of your rig to the FOH and mic'ing up the cab in stage as well would just be sending another signal to the same place when you are already sending this kind of signal and more (if Main Outs are set to Master Stereo...)

Nope. Kemper remote mkii ... PERFECT integration with the Kemper ie. No MIDI or programming - just network cable like the existing Remote; just better! All you'd have to do is pick what switch does what and titles/colours....

Would also be be nice if the switches had (matching colour) 'halo' rings around them (kinda like Line6 Helix...)

EDIT: but yes, that kind of design/appearance ... But a LOT cheaper ideally!

Furthermore, if EACH switch was given an LCD screen of its' own and you could program each switch to perform what features you choose (like a lot of MIDI controllers...) the possibilities would be endless...!

Perfect integration with the Kemper AND the versatility of performing functions of your choice with a colour-changing LCD screen for each switch telling you what is what... Ultimate.

You know, the company wouldn't look silly if it released a larger remote called, well, the Big Remote™, IMHO.

That way, LCD strips could be included and other enhancements made without necessarily rendering the original remote redundant; it could still be a current model alongside the BR.

One can easily imagine that, depending upon an individual's needs, he / she would choose the appropriate model. Heck, even foot size could come into it - those with Hobbit feet could go for the BR.

EGG..............XACTLY! Mon frere ! Just charge a little extra for it for those who want it (or even better a little less for the original remote ;)) - just like LiquidFoot have different ranges

Ah I was thinking submitted - like a feature request..!

Arrg I'm dying for the updated version of RM - my performance mode is turning into chaos and needs organisation...!

The only thing I feel needs a mk2 is the remote....! Kemper can be updated greatly (as already has been) with firmware/software updates - but only really the FX and management/organisation side of things that really needs attention now as they have nailed the profiling algorithms, the tone it can recreate is sublime and quite frankly, surprising.

I just feel they could have gone that little extra with the remote (having the same kind of screen as the profiler itself where it could change colour would have been a nice feature...) and scribble strips for the FX buttons / 1-5 patch recalls would have been most welcome as I forget what FX I have programmed to each switch (the colour coding only helps so much....!)

The cabinet needs to be connected to the poweramp to let the Profiler capture the poweramp/cabinet interaction.
    Also as repeatedly stated a loadbox is not recommended, since it will interfere with said interaction, thereby making the direct amp profile inaccurate.

yes, that's why it's described on the manual. ;)

Thanks for responding... Though you slightly missed a substantial point of my first question (how can the Profiler also "capture the PowerAmp/cabinet interaction" when the Return Input of the Profiler is already, physically, in use?)

The loadbox will interfere with the interaction, yes, anything in-between amp and speaker will at the end of the day; even the brand of speaker cable you use... However, people have said using an un-filtered, line-level output from a loadbox should provide decent results.

Eurgh how I wish the Kemper Remote looked like this.....

THOSE scribble strips with Kemper integration and one cable would have been the ultimate! + the option of the same screen on the Kemper remote as the Profiler itself (with the identical ability to change colour)...would have been perfect.

So this thread is a beacon of knowledge....!.... Does anyone know how to DOWNLOAD a file from the new/updated Dropbox (used to be you would just click on it and it would download right away...! Now I can't even find an option for it!)

Thanks in advance....