Posts by benvigil

Actually, Mick Farlow (Xitone) said he'll be bypassing the crossover on the F12-X200 in favor of the crossover in the Dayton PPA800DSP. With the Dayton you have 12 parametric EQ filters (6 on each side of the crossover) that help you really dial in a real nice and smooth curve for most decent driver pairs.

As AZRipp mentioned, it also means the Xitones are dialed in for that driver and will not sound right at all with another driver unless you get in there and play with the amp DSP.

This would be a great new feature request thread.

1: The new driver is BASED UPON another driver, so nobody's actually heard what it sounds like, and

2: the Kemper Kone feature is likely engineered to flatten out the known response of that driver, the result of which nobody has heard either.

I didn't see this posted anywhere else...

"Proprietary Celestion speaker, a full range, dual cone, without an extra tweeter or anything like that." - Michael Britt

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, I stand corrected. I just saw the news release you linked... "The Kemper Kone is a 12“ full range speaker which is made by Celestion"

Yet, even in that video he says, "the purpose of that broadband speaker is to play back either full range sound. as well as classic guitar speaker sound."

Clear as mud. :)

Still betting on a variant of the Celestion K12H-200TC. It has quite good reviews for use with modelers.

I can’t be over 400€

Whatever the r&d the added value is in the Kemper, not in the cab. This is a 170€ speaker and wood.

Some people will pay premium money just because they CAN. A ton of guitarists have 40, or 50, or 80 guitars... just because they can. Not everyone is a DIY type like you and I.

Also, we don't know how different this custom driver will be from the driver it is based upon, so availability is a question.

The Celestion K12H-200TC is only $80 USD, while the F12-X200 is $150 USD. At dealer cost, the latter is basically 2x the price.

Christoph has been VERY careful with his words in every video I've seen. Not once has he referred to the new speaker driver as "FRFR" or "coaxial" or "twin driver" or "full-range" or anything like that. But he does say "broadband" a lot, which is typically a term used to refer to a single driver.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's based on the Celestion K12H-200TC.

Tom Abraham has run FOH for a who's who of rock and metal legends for decades. He knows what he's talking about. So when he says that the Kemper is the best modeler/profiler sonically but that all of them are inferior to a tube amp in the mix, I'd listen to him.

And he's not just talking about frequency response and "EQ". There's also compression and transient response at various frequencies and how those things affect the ability of the guitar to cut through the mix even though they may "sound" identical.

He's not dumping on modelers, or profilers. He's just describing his experience, which he admits completely surprised him. He thought the guitars sounded IDENTICAL when isolated, but for some reason they disappeared in the mix.

Reminds me of that Tone-Talk interview with Tom Abraham (great interview BTW... you should listen to the entire thing if you can). Anyway, he gives his view on the AxeFX here:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He doesn't really talk specifically about the Kemper, but it's interesting none the less.