Posts by karlic

This!

So many "huge" guitar parts are really huge bass parts :)

Very true. Try to resist too much low end in the guitars and find some good mids. I would always record most guitars mono, which gives you the possibility to create more stereo in the mix. The exception is if I want a stereo chorus type effect like a clean JC120.

Getting the low end right in a mix is one of the hardest things to do. Finding a separate place for the kick and bass guitar is key to a powerful sound.

Works perfectly with the swell delay workaround when you understand it has to come after the amp block. Put it before a distorted amp and you won't even notice an effect.

People constantly asked for information of what was coming in the next update and maybe it would have been wise not to raise expectations with the early announcement. I certainly would find no use for an unstable system and am happy to wait.

From what I recall, there were a few other things coming with v6 too. Some kind of patch management update and eq filters on each output. Were those reverb demos in mono at the time of announcement as well?

My singer got so fed up with it that he got a guitar with an Evertune bridge. If you play outside, the temperature can just change leaving the guitar quite sharp. Alternatively, the clips are great these days and even work with background noise for me.

Is this rig louder than all the other patches you have? I don't have my Kemper to hand, but aren't there several volumes in a rig? Check the cab and amp section as well as the rig and output volume.

For me the Kemper is much like any amp you choose in getting the right sound. There has to be some commitment and time invested to reap the rewards. Personally it has been the gateway to getting everything I want both live and most of the time in the studio, but it took a year or so.

I'm not a great one for spending hours tinkering and want to play guitar, so I guess that is why Kemper suited me more than the modellers. Stability of the software and no wild changes leaving my whole live set behind is also what I need. The cautious approach to looking after the operating system at no extra cost is a benefit for me.

I guess you just have to evaluate what your needs are and either will do the trick.

Thanks Burkard and I had not disabled spillover. This issue seems to have been to do with Pro Tools program changes. We had note chase enabled on the midi track and that applied to p/c too. Therefore it picked up 2 quick changes of rig when a new song was started and cut my delays.

I have the unpowered rack and it suits me fine because I use in ears live. It goes in a shallow 3u SKB Roto rack and can even be taken hand luggage on a plane. I have used it into a power amp, but would recommend getting the powered version if you want to use a cab regularly. It is a very lightweight option all in one for 600W.

maybe spillover was deactivated in that rig.

Rig Spillover Off

If this option is selected, the effects placed in the DLY and REV modules will not generate spillover, should you switch to another Rig or Slot. This means their delay and reverb tails will be cut as soon as the Rig is changed, rather than decaying.

Thanks. This is something I certainly didn't notice.

Yes, spillover is available in the Delay and Reverb slots regardless of Browse or Performance mode.

I'll have to try again, because this was not my experience at a recent show. I had a long delay with plenty of feedback and when the keyboard player sent a p/c to my Kemper it cut off the delay. That was in the delay slot too.

Ikm not 100% certain but I imagine it’s because browser mode loads every rig and effect one at a time beause it can’t load say 1000 rigs into a buffer and it doesn’t know how to narrow it down to a more manageable subset. On the other hand Performance mode loads 5 rigs and their effects into a buffer so they are immediately available.

As I say I’m only speculating on this. It would be good if burkard or ckemper could confirm.

So if I were to go between 2 patches in a different banks of 5, it still wouldn't spill over effects?

:thumbup:

karlic although this does make sense and should be taken care of with a fill of perfectionism, it does not really matter on the level I play at with my band. People where visibly having fun so the sound must have been sufficient ^^ if it was on a more professional level, but not enough to have venues that are small enough for people to stand close enough that the 'silent stage' problem becomes actual (if that makes any sense), I'd definitely try to cater to it.

I've noticed this at mid sized venues of 500 to 1,000 size particularly. The width of the pa speakers and people hard up against a stage means the sound is past them.