Posts by karlic

It seems unlikely that the Kemper would do this. You can approach Focusrite very easily for them to look at the 6i6 though and their repair prices are reasonable. In fact I did this with an out of warranty Saffire and they didn't even charge, as it was considered a small problem. They paid for carriage too!

Will the size & mix knobs work in the slot labelled reverb still? I cannot update due to live shows-:(

I got a chance to try all of those ideas the other night. Using mometsry swichtes makes it easy enough to press just about as quickly as I can tofggle a pickup selector switch. However, none of them produce a Kill Switch type effect. i can push the footswitch faster than the Kemper can react so if I press fast enough the guitar stays on. I presume this is actually intentional as a way to stock audio clicks or something. However, part of the Morello type effect is the switching click. Unfortunately,I think I have to admit defeat on this one. It seems the only way to get the effect currently is to use the guitar pickup selector. Which makes the OPs request a very valid idea.

That makes a lot of sense Alan. I use midi program changes live and you have to move the command ahead of where you want it to change. I also use control change to automate the eq set to zero as a mute in a couple of places. It is never instant.

Try adding Loop Mono to Slot A, and use the above settings.

With nothing connected to the Loop, 100% Mix will silence the guitar.

This sometimes adds noise if nothing is plugged into the loop. Better to just assign an eq with the volume turned down?

Can we try a public profile from Rig Manager? So we can record it too and compare it with yours.

Mago 6505+ Green2 for example.

The best solution. You also have to remember that a lot of metal tones outside of a mix will sound fizzy. As soon as you have it double tracked and cymbals/hats are there, it might sound dull without the fizz.

I use a darker tone live than when recording to achieve the same result.

You mean, "... you're not going to hear that much variation, at least, nowhere near what you'd hear through an FRFR cab, studio monitors or headphones with the Kemper Cab block on", V8? I could swear I heard this somewhere recently. :/

This relates to a tube amp situation as well. The choice of cabinets often add more character to the sound than the amplifiers.

A merged/direct profile is one created with a DI box. So basically for a normal studio profile the Kemper has to guess where the amp ends and the cab begins when you turn off cab simulation.

A merged/direct profile is created without the cab involved. So you theoretically get exactly what the head sounds like.

Nice one Dogmatix and this is what you need to know. Don't trust a studio profile to use with the cab turned off. It is just an approximation and sometimes sounds harsh. Best to try direct and then there are relatively few merged anyway.

I started this way and now just use in ears and go direct without a cab. You simple need time to acclimatise to the genious of the Kemper.

Not that I know of, Karl.

The thread-title font size was increased 'cause a bunch of Kemperites complained that they couldn't read it easily. Instead of bumping it up a bit at a time, it underwent one huge jump in size, which was shocking at first and took a while to get used to, but there've been no more complaints about reading difficulty.

Of course, you could use Safari's "Page Zoom" preferences window to set the forum to be 85, 75 or 50% of the standard size, but you'd have to endure smaller text overall.

Thanks for the reply and it does get a little easier with time. If this helps forum members that are visually less fortunate, it is worth the inconvenience.

You only need the power head if you plan on running a speaker cab with direct profiles. Supposing you plan to go direct to the PA, this will not be needed. You can always run a standard Kemper into a separate power amp later if you change your mind.

Their transmitters have been an issue for a while. The belt clips on them are a joke, to be honest. I keep mine in a pouch, seems to be the best solution honestly.

It must just be the way we all use them differently. The G50 is my favourite, after having Sennheisers, Nadys and a Smoothhound.

I have the belt pack clipped on my back pocket without any problems and it is the first digital system without dropouts.