Posts by Finally

If you only play LP guitars and don't want to split or add an EQ before the fuzz then that's your tonal limit. Great sounds, but unlikely to get you authentic Strat sounds.

that's highly subjective - I never heard a split humbucker I liked and removed all these 'features' from my guitars.
    If I want a singlecoil, I use a real singlecoil. ;)

We'll have to disagree. When my Anderson splits, it also changes the pot value, so it doesn't sound like a Strat with a LP tone pot. I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference between my Strat and my H-H-H Anderson in a blind test. 😉

The OP said he only wants to use the one guitar BTW.

Try an EQ in front of the Amp stage, to shape your tone as much like a Strat as possible. That way the amp and the fuzz will respond more like the original.

It's really a shame to have a LP without a coil split option. There's a whole world of tones out of reach that can be had with a tiny little mod.

As I always say - it's all about foh and what the audience hears. I'll then work backward from there to get the best monitoring I can.

I'm often singing as well, so I don't want my guitar blasting my head off or creating mic feedback. I want to hear a nice balance of the whole band.

For me it has to be a really weird room for me to not run stereo. Say what you will, but it just sounds better and more interesting with at least some stereo effects.

well here it go...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What is this video supposed to represent, other than someone playing guitar?

All people are asking for is some proof that what is being sold is authentic. For someone that claims to be profiling dozens of amps it shouldn't be difficult to show pictures of at least a couple of them being profiled. The responses seem vague and defensive rather than simply showing proof.

I've just noticed something else, because of my 500k volume pot (Its a HSS strat so I need that 500k for the bridge humbucker) its making my single coils very bright, hence why it sounds like that in the first few clips.

I'm going to try putting in a resistor so the single coils see 250k, which should help get some warmth back into the neck pickup. Bridge will stay at 500k. Relatively cheap and easy little trick which will probably help.

I'm pretty sure that's what Anderson does on their guitars. They have great balance between the single coils and HB.

I thought the Kemper fuzz was the best Octavia since it's a newer addition and sounds fantastic to me. Sorry for the incorrect information. I'll have to try the old Octa Shaper then.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've always found Friedmans to have a tighter and less present low end and a sweet high end, just like the video. Maybe try rolling off some bass to tighten things up?

I don't hear this as a Marshall sound, but it's similar.