Guitar tone

• Hi,

Yes, but then it sounds really distorted even with treble down and bass up. It must be much more smoothly and sustained. I've heard this guitar tone more than once in songs but I don't know how to get there, with or without fx...

• Sounds like he's using a flanger in the intro. So, I wonder if he morphs it down someway to tighten up the tone against the fuzz?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• theplayer The Dani California solo reminds me of Purple Haze. I get pretty close with the TD - Jim Hen Rig from the Kemper Legends Tribute Col. 1-3 Rig Pack. Turn on the Octa Shaper and Phaser Vibe, on a neck single coil (I am using a Tele) with the treble rolled down.

• To all of you: great suggestions!! :) :thumbup:.

I notice however that some go from a single coil strat or tele. I've found the TD-Jimi Hendrix-2020-11-11 12-35-02 krig in that Tribute Collection 1 and tried this one first with my Les Paul with incl. that Octa Shaper + Phaser Vibe...Rolled treble down and the result is quite amazing!! Il'l tweak a bit more but it's a great rig now!

Don: I allready tried that Tone pot down but the result was not spectacular. Maybe due to my Les Paul humbuckers?

Anyway, to all of you: Thank you so much! :) :)

• This is really cool gizmo that I have installed on most of my H-H guitars. You can experiment with switching caps on the fly. I really dig the .0047, gives a soft cocked wah sound and keeps everything from getting too dark.

Selectable Tone Cap
    The ever illusive tone knob, some people love it others never touch it. Well, we aim to fix that! This simple tone cap replacement gives you 5 capacitor values…
    mythospedals.com

• To all of you: great suggestions!! :) :thumbup:.

I notice however that some go from a single coil strat or tele. I've found the TD-Jimi Hendrix-2020-11-11 12-35-02 krig in that Tribute Collection 1 and tried this one first with my Les Paul with incl. that Octa Shaper + Phaser Vibe...Rolled treble down and the result is quite amazing!! Il'l tweak a bit more but it's a great rig now!

Don: I allready tried that Tone pot down but the result was not spectacular. Maybe due to my Les Paul humbuckers?

Anyway, to all of you: Thank you so much! :) :)

So the song if I'm not mistaken is Red Hot Chili peppers and John Fruscanti has a very Hendrix sound in general. This comes from his Strat as a starting point and unsurprisingly he goes into a Marshall. According to Google he uses a Boss turbo distortion and Big Muff.

So the sound to me is his Marshall on the edge of breakup, big Muff to give a big of old school fizz, with his neck pickup or position 4 on his strat. I would use a cleanish marhsall sound with a bit of Kemper fuzz, but you need that start neck pickup element.

I think you have raised a similar thing before where you are trying to get a single coil sound from your Les Paul.

If this is a common problem for you, either get a start as a second guitar or I would suggest getting a humbucker with a split coil and using a push pull pot to keep things tidy. Whilst this will never sound the same as a Strat, it will get you a bit closer and should not be too expensive.

• That's a Strat on the neck position. Souped up Plexi with a distortion pedal. I think, there are tons of profiles to mimik this. But the Strat is crucial.

• Yeah, I remember that Big Muff made by Electro Harmonix in the seventies. They had a bunch of these fx pedals! And the stage was full of all kinds of adapters for the stomp boxes on the floor! In fact I still have one of these pedals from that era: the E.H. Electric Mistress Flanger/Filter Matrix. Then and still now a very good sounding flanger with more usefull settings then nowadays!

About your suggestion for a second guitar. That's not possible: changing guitars. I''ll stick to my Les Paul and will try to sound as good as possible with this TD Jim Hen rig...