Posts by Wheresthedug

You can do 8 delays like that by placing a quad delay in the DLY block and another quad delay in REV block then set the delay/rev routing in the rig menu to parallel rather than series. Set the delay time and pan to the numbers in the magic stomp manual which can be found online.

No, you can clearly see on the picture the use of the SPEAKER OUT with a speaker cable and the DIRECT Out with an instrumental cable to a powered kabinet.

Now, what confuses me is what Burkhard wrote:

That means, that is possible for me with a powered „toaster“ and a nonpowered kabinet to buy another unpowered kabinet and drive them thru MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT stereo? Than I certainly don‘t understand why there are modifications on the market to have two SPEAKER OUTS to achieve a stereo setup.

The British Audio mod dates back to way before the Kabinet was launched. It was typically used to power two guitar speakers or unpowered PA speakers/monitors.

There are these MIDI devices with 2, 4, or 6 buttons getting cheaper and cheaper.

Understood, but simple hard wired foot switches are less prone to problems and issues of incompatibility.

Also for old fashioned guys like me who still prefer the Head and Remote setup but are too clumsy to reach the upper row of foot switches (I - IIII) without accidentally changing rigs :D it would be really nice to have access to three expression pedals (as I have now) plus 3 additional buttons rather than the current 2 and without the need to ditch the remote in favour of a less user friendly midi controller.

You can't fault me for dreaming big ;)

Can I use the FX return on that Bass Amp with the Kemper Player for use on guitar?

Will there be tone difference because it is a Bass amp? What about if I zero out all EQ on the bass amp?

that depends on where the FX return comes in the signal path. One the vast majority of amps the FX loop is between the preamp and power amp (there are a few that put it before the tone stack but not many) which means that the tone controls have no effect one the FX loop. Orange state in the manual for the Little Bass Thing that the FX loop is between the pre/power amp sections so the to tone should be completely uncoloured in your case and work well for guitar as Ruefus said 👍

The Lehle does expression only, which translates to controller 11. This is the Morph on a Stage, Head or Rack Profiler, The Player does not support Morph. This Pedal does not work with a Player.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Have you tested it? The Lehle might only send cc11 over USB but surely the TRS outs should work like any other expression pedal?

The main attraction of this over other expression pedals for me is the use of magnetic pots rather than traditional physical pots which inevitably wear out.

Burkhard

Given that we now know this type of 3 button switch works with the profiler, is there any chance of adding a Triple Switch option to the pedal types to allow users to take full advantage of this? Obviously this would be great for the main profilers but it would be absolutely awesome for the player which only has one pedal input.

I know lots of people like the Mission pedal. I don't.

Price is a major factor here - and the EP-1KP (to me) is grossly overpriced for what amounts to repurposed Dunlop crybaby enclosure. It's nice....but not that nice.

It's better to say I despise it. I had one in my house for like...20 minutes, but knew after 10 "This is going back. Right now." The throw is like a light switch, but with less feel.

I’m with you totally on that. I actually do still have mine but I only use it for wah and will be replacing it with another Zoom FP02M shortly.

I guess my point is - the Fender tone stack is used extensively. Not just on Fender-branded amps. Marshalls are obvious choices, as is the Vox AC30.

Do bass players have iconic amps like the Deluxe Reverb, JCM800, Plexi, AC30, etc, etc. to pull from?

Also - has anyone contacted support directly and asked about this?

Yes there are a several iconic bass amps. The SVT being the most obvious to my mind. Also, the Bassman in the current system is based on the Tweed Bassman which is common among guitarists but Bass Players tend to use the later Silver and Black Face era Bassman amps which are a totally different beast.

So the idea is that Kemper solves all those issues you mentioned. The point is for the unit to be upgraded so that the user doesn’t have to worry about the cpu or having to carry extra hardware. I’m well aware of midiguitar2 which is the reason I suggested implementing audio to midi internally. Kemper started designing synths ( access virus ) it only makes sense for the Kpa to have some type of midi capability.

Thanks for the interest

I hope more people jump on the thread

Cheers brother

I agree that having midi conversation built in would be the ultimate solution but this may tax the CPU of the KPA so much that it stops CPU intensive FX like the Delays and Reverbs from operating effectively (only my speculation not known facts). Therefore, I suspect that this would require new hardware rather than being a feature upgrade. However, you would almost certainly still need to carry some form of external midi synths/daw plugins etc soma fully integrated unit to satisfy everyone seems unlikely in the real world.

I understand the history related to Access Virus but draw a slightly different conclusion.the real USP of the Access Virus was in the synthesis code not midi. The Access Virus didn’t do any pitch to midi conversation so it is not necessarily something that their previous experience would help with. Where the Access Virus experience WOULD be useful would be for Kemper to create a synth FX block for the KPA (something like Roxsyn) that doesn’t even need midi conversation. That would be a game changer for me personally as I only need the occasional synth pad/arpeggiator type effect during a set and setting up a full midi system or buying a new KPA hardware device would be overkill for me although I do like the idea of all the flexibility pitch to midi could add.

What I was proposing (updating the midi functionality within the KPA/RM would allow the existing devices to pair with a midi converter such as MidiGuitar2 and allow the KPA to be a viable command centre for the whole rig.

I love the idea but not sure how practical it is. MidiGuitar2 app (soon to be MidiGuitar3)already does this on a phone or tablet without a hexaphonic pickup so it is possible. However, i’m not sure if anyone already holds patents on the process that would make it impossible for Kemper to integrate without paying licensing.

At the moment the USB audio in the KPA makes it possible to run MidiGuitar2 on a phone/tablet or laptop. Given that you would still need a laptop , tablet or external hardware instrument to create the sounds themselves i’m not sure how big an advantage it would be having the audio to midi embedded in the KPA and taxing its CPU. The main thing that stops me from actually using MidiGuitar2 like is the difficulty in turning it on/off via the KPA. I need to dedicate the morph pedal to send control the volume of the external midi instrument when I don’t want it for example. If i used an external midi controller instead of the remote i could configure that to control the eternal midi instruments but that would be much less convenient than using the Remote for my main KPA controller. In my opinion (especially now that the KPA can handle audio and midi over USB) would be to significantly extend the midi functionality of the KPA via Rig Manager. This could then be used to set up Rigs/Performances that make use of more advanced midi features such as MidiGuitar2.

Thanks for clarifying 👍

There is zero chance of Kemper implementing that I’m afraid. The Output Section is part of the Global system by design and I don’t think they will change that.

You can make Output Presets and change these on the fly live. Maybe some way of loading Output Presets via midi/nrpn would be a solution though?

I’ve never seen anything like this at my end. The only two things I can think of are a software bug in the Kemper (which would affect all users) or perhaps your FAW or midi controller is sending a midi/nrpn message accidentally.

Ruefus - I really appreciate you getting back to me. I live in a small city where it's impossible to try out any gear before I buy. I have to order online and there is no returning either, unless the product is defective. I'm very new to this. The Dunlup DVP4 is more than 2x the price of the Hotone where I am.

Based on you suggestion, im thinking Ill get htis, while it may have addl features, its quite budget priced and I'll just use the expression out to the Kemper Player. What do you think?

https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/press/Ampero-II-Press

Never seen that before but ot looks like a good alternative to the Mission EP1 👍