Kemper Player WAH/Volume/Expression

• The Profiler Model referred to in this thread is ...
    ☑️ Profiler Player

Hi, I'm new to the world of wah/expression/volume.

So new that I've never actually used one. I'm looking to get an all-in-one pedal with a small footprint.

Ive identified:

1. Hotone Soul Press 2

2. Hotone Ampero Press 2

Now I know nobody can recommend what I should buy, but in your experience/understanding, what would be the pros/cons of these when connecting to my Kemper Player?

Any recommendations/suggestions/guidance is appreciated.

Thank you

• You only need an expression pedal for a Kemper.

No need for a dedicated wah/volume, the extra cabling and being stuck with it all in front of the input.

For small footprints, the Dunlop DVP4 is a good option. I’ve been using its big brother for years.

You can set it to control volume and wah when you place that effect in a slot.

The manual should help, but keep asking questions.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Ruefus - I really appreciate you getting back to me. I live in a small city where it's impossible to try out any gear before I buy. I have to order online and there is no returning either, unless the product is defective. I'm very new to this. The Dunlup DVP4 is more than 2x the price of the Hotone where I am.

Based on you suggestion, im thinking Ill get htis, while it may have addl features, its quite budget priced and I'll just use the expression out to the Kemper Player. What do you think?

https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/press/Ampero-II-Press

• No worries whatsoever.

The Ampero II Press should work just fine. Cool look!

Like any expression pedal, you’ll need a TRS cable to connect it. Other than that you should be set.

• Appreciate it mate, feel better ordering it now :) thank you!

No worries whatsoever.

The Ampero II Press should work just fine. Cool look!

Like any expression pedal, you’ll need a TRS cable to connect it. Other than that you should be set.

• Ruefus - I really appreciate you getting back to me. I live in a small city where it's impossible to try out any gear before I buy. I have to order online and there is no returning either, unless the product is defective. I'm very new to this. The Dunlup DVP4 is more than 2x the price of the Hotone where I am.

Based on you suggestion, im thinking Ill get htis, while it may have addl features, its quite budget priced and I'll just use the expression out to the Kemper Player. What do you think?

https://www.hotoneaudio.com/products/press/Ampero-II-Press

Never seen that before but ot looks like a good alternative to the Mission EP1 👍

• I know lots of people like the Mission pedal. I don't.

Price is a major factor here - and the EP-1KP (to me) is grossly overpriced for what amounts to repurposed Dunlop crybaby enclosure. It's nice....but not that nice.

It's better to say I despise it. I had one in my house for like...20 minutes, but knew after 10 "This is going back. Right now." The throw is like a light switch, but with less feel.

• I know lots of people like the Mission pedal. I don't.

Price is a major factor here - and the EP-1KP (to me) is grossly overpriced for what amounts to repurposed Dunlop crybaby enclosure. It's nice....but not that nice.

It's better to say I despise it. I had one in my house for like...20 minutes, but knew after 10 "This is going back. Right now." The throw is like a light switch, but with less feel.

I’m with you totally on that. I actually do still have mine but I only use it for wah and will be replacing it with another Zoom FP02M shortly.

• The Lehle does expression only, which translates to controller 11. This is the Morph on a Stage, Head or Rack Profiler, The Player does not support Morph. This Pedal does not work with a Player.

I’m not sure that’s correct. Have you tested it? The Lehle might only send cc11 over USB but surely the TRS outs should work like any other expression pedal?

The main attraction of this over other expression pedals for me is the use of magnetic pots rather than traditional physical pots which inevitably wear out.

• The main attraction of this over other expression pedals for me is the use of magnetic pots rather than traditional physical pots which inevitably wear out.

And you can set it to be 10k or 50k, which is fine.

Some hardware synths require 10k while others require 50k.

• New
    • Official Post

I’m not sure that’s correct. Have you tested it? The Lehle might only send cc11 over USB but surely the TRS outs should work like any other expression pedal?

The main attraction of this over other expression pedals for me is the use of magnetic pots rather than traditional physical pots which inevitably wear out.

I referred to the USB connection. TRS can be assigned as desired, correct.