Posts by Wheresthedug

i dont use OD pedals much (get all my drive from the amps themselves) so I haven’t tested it properly but I think clean sens will affect the level with OD pedals in a similar way to amps. It is easy to test though. When you engage an OD with a lot of drive does the sound get quieter? If so try lowering clean sens and test again.

If you want to hear what a wrong setting sounds like for comparison, use a clean tig, set clean sens high, now increase the gain on the profile gradually. You should notice that the perceived volume actually drops. Now set clean sense really low and do the same thing. You should find that increasing gain makes the perceived level louder.

Have you checked the calibration of the pedal?

Also look at thepedal range in the wah settings.

Also try switching pedal type from 1 to 2 justin case the pefal is wired wrong.

The mission pedal has a particularly short travel though so it mightjust be that you don't like the feel of it.

I don’t chnge cabs much but when I got the KPA I did experiment with the idea. As cm and you both mentioned, cabs from Studio profiles worked just as well for me. Merged cabs were very similar and not necessarily better or worse maybe just a little different.

As for IR, I loaded my old Own Hammer 1960a pack initially and tried them. I didn’t like them as much as profiles using Kemper’s cabinets.

I should also mention that I have also tried recording without the cabinet section then running the result through the Two Notes Wall of Sound plugin to run Two Notes IRs. Again, preferred the Kemper cabinets and really valued the ability to avoid being sucked into the rabbit hole of tweak virtual mic choices and positioning Etc.

ah, Ok. i misunderstood.

You can morph tempo in individual Fx easily enough (by unticking tempo and just assigning speed/delay time etc to the morph pedal)but I presume you want this to affect all Fx simultaneously?

It is a bit strange that you can morph some parameters in the Rig Menu (rig volume, panorama etc) but not tempo.

The other problem with the Lock/Unlock workaround is that you don’t always want to lock everything. Therefore, you need to manually lock a specific number of slots then unlock the same slots. A) this is relatively time consuming (compared to a copy/paste feature) and B ) it is too easy to forget to unlock everything afterwards (I have done it too many times to mention).

the bulk Lock/Unlock options are All, All but Amp or All but Cab. requiring to lock all but Stack requires two actions. Unlocking is manual or unlock All which means unlocking is almost always a multiple click task.

Copy/Past works and is a tried and tested methodology.

The ability to make effect chain presets on the Head and Toaster was a very useful feature that is sorely missed in RM.

Vinny Burns asked why we need that volume compensation and then need to use Clean Sens for adjustment.

I also wonder if for the regular use of overdrive stomps it could be useful not having that volume compensation so they work on a more realistic way when you boost the signal.

the issue seems to be running a very hot signal into a clean(ish) profile. This has always has a volume compensation effect which is very useful. It is part of the way the whole Kemper system works. Cleans Sens is a valuable way of level matching clean and dirty rigs globally instead of needing to set each rig level manually.

some say it requires resetting for every different guitar but in reality once set it is pretty usable for all but extreme outliers. I run mine around the same setting all the time and lock it then just work like I am using a real amp. However, if clean sens is set too high and/or a very high level signal is used) there are always volume limits on the dirty sounds. ckemper explained a good test for this several posts back. Anyone who isn’t sure about exactly what clean sens does should walk through Christophe’s example.

It seems to me that many people experience a level issue because they assume clean sens should be left at the default 0 setting.

ckemper

hi Christoph

I got a chance to test the OD level Vs basic rig level issue yesterday.

When I started my profiler I was prompted to update to a newer beta version. I did this and everything went well.

I then loaded KD into stomp A , GS in stomp B, Full OC in stomp C and One DS in stomp D. All sett with low drive and volume at 0. I toggled each on and off and compared the level against the basic amp. I now get no volume drop when engaging OD pedals. I tried this with a few lower gain (1.5 - 2.5 range) profiles and all worked as intended. I tried it with various clean sens settings and, once again, everything worked properly. I didn’t try it with any higher gain profiles though but so far everything seems good.

As for lightbox volume drop issue, I tried this with several rigs including Martin’s TubeThomsen profile. When I raise the KD volume with gain set low (I used Martin’s settings from his first demo video) I get very little volume change at all just a general fattening of the sound with more overdrive. However, I also no longer get a volume drop above 2.3 which I did get previously. I don’t have a real Klon to compare the behaviour against. Personally, I don’t mind the way compression and drive are working but as I’m not a pedal user I don’t feel my opinion is particularly valid in this respect.

Thank you but as I mentioned previously, playing with the clean sense doesn't resolve my problem. When I said that I removed everything from the stomp section, that includes also everything from the rig menu.

You mentioned that you set clean sens to 0. In my experience this makes all clean rigs way to loud. I need to run clean sens at least -5 to bring the clean rigs down to a manageable level.

In my case adding an OD stomp reduces volume slightly compared to the same rig with no stomp engaged. I can raise this back up slightly with the stomp volume above 0. The meters on my desk show an actual level change. I will try and make a video at some point soon.

ckemper I can confirm that I experience the same volume drop behaviour that lightbox refers to. It happens with all Overdrive and distrotions that I have tested so far. It has always been like this as far as I can remember. I haven't really paid much attention to it in the past as I really never use OD stomps but any time I have tried I have always had this result. I get similar behaviour regardless of where my clean sens is set.

i had issues on Catalina but I think it was actually a problem with my broadband speed being so slow the down load was timing out. In my case the update would start, get to about 75% done then disappear without installing. However, I did finally get it to load and everything is working fine now.

will do?

Is yours the first or second version?

the first one was super muddy and didn’t have a trim pot to balance clean and dirty levels. Mine was the firs version to the tech also converted it to V2 by changing something in tone stack and adding the trim pot. Its a really nice amp in a box now. Obviously the speaker simulated output isn’t anything like as good as KPA or IR but it gets the job done in an emergency.