Posts by Wheresthedug

There are two ways that I would consider doing this.

1 load the rig with all the FX than you want to use. Then Lock Everything except the Amp and Cabinet sections. Next load the rig with the amp you want. The amp and cabinet will be loaded but all the locked FX will remain from the first rig. Finally save the new rig.

2 drag the amp you want to insert into the Preset section of RM. Now load the rig with all the FX. Drag and drop the amp from presets into the amp block.

If for each "performance" I only wanted to switch between 2 profiles, e.g. "clean" and "distortion", what would be the minimum device I would need to do this?

Is that exactly what that Boss FS-6 switch does? Just switch between profiles A & B?

Thanks!

The switch doesn’t really matter. As long as it is non-latching it should work. I have a really cheap little dual switch I bought for £15 on ebay that works perfectly well.

In terms of what it does this is determined by what you want it to do. In the Pedal Settings page in system menu you can select what type of pedal you are connecting (single, dual, exprssion) and what you want it to do.

I don’t think it’s relevant on something like the Kemper which has endless rotary encoders rather than fixed pots. The starting position of the pot matters when it has a fixed range (like a physical valve amp) however in the digital world with endless encoders the adjustment starts fro the current setting no matter where the pot may have physically been positioned previously (for example if the Bass encoder was used to adjust a parameter on different effect or menu). If you reach for the bass control it must be because you perceive there to be too much pr too little bass. As soon as you start turning in the desired direction the current setting information comes up on screen anyway. This seems to be a perfectly good compromise between providing information and making the cree so cluttered that it is difficult to interpret in a live situation.

The original profile is still there in the browse pool. All you have done is replace whIch profile is loaded into the edit buffer. If you browse the list of profiles either using the KPA knobs pr in rig manager MY PROFILER you should see both.

If I'm not mistaken, I need to load a profile that sounds in the ballpark of the amp I'm about to profile. Not sure about this part, but this is not the problem.

Thanks!

The main reason for loading a similar rig is simply so that the meta data is partially filled out for you by using the sample rigs tags. It isn’t a big deal now with tHe ability to type all the fields in rig manager but it was a massive time saver in the old days when you had to fill in the tags on the KPA itself using the scroll wheel.

Hello... the overdrive sounds doesn't sound real. Sometimes they sound muddy.. sometimes harsh.. they get lost in the mix//

I know we all have different tastes, equipment (PA) and use scenarios (style of music, size of band, venue etc) but that definitely hasn’t been my experience. I have always found that the live sound with the Kemper is the best live sound I’ve ever had and spound guys generally love it when I give then a single XLR out and say “I’m good to go”. Most sound guys I’ve worked with also say it works great live and sits in the mix better than my real amp (partly because I’m able to keep the stage volume lower and still get a great sound so the onstage amp sound doesn’t restrict their mixing options as much). I did a gig on Saturday with my Powered Head and a Kabinet at low volume on stage so the rest of the band had something to work with but not so loud that it made the horns complain (which is a unique experience 🤣) and had most pf my own on stage sound via my In Ears. Once you get used to that there’s really no going back.

I wonder if the issue you are experiencing is more self doubt than reality. Our minds often play tricks on us and we start to hear problems that aren’t actually there. What did the audience and sound guy think?

Hi Alan and others, Can you then give me a way how to post a link and tell me wich program I need for this..?

I’m not sure what would be best. I normally use YouTube but I’m sure Vimeo and other could also work. In YouTube the key is in setting the search/visibilty to the correct thing when uploading. There are options for Private and Public. But also the one I would use for something like this which unsearchable. In this case it won’t show up in YouTube searches etc but anyone with the link can view it. I presume there is something similar in Vimeo but don’t know what it would be called.

In simple acoustic terms, the more bass you put out the worse your problems will be in a small room. This is especially true if the room is square or even worse cubed. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to stop this (we you can but the amount of acoustic treatment required is so great that you would end up using most of the room for treatment and have little room left to play in). Therefore, although it’s tempting to want the extra bass extension from larger monitors I would actually suggest using the smaller HS5 and -lacing them ac close to the wall as you can but with a little insulation or foam directly behind them. I know this is contrary to most HiFi and home studio advice but there is very sound reasoning for it. Its all based on SBIR. Placing the speakers as close to the wall as possible doesn’t stop SBIR but it moves the frequencies which are affected higher into a range where simple acoustic treatment like rockwool and foam can be used to deal with them.

In short, in that size of room bass is not you friend. Don’t let it in as it will take over and refuse to leave.

I can’t see the video either. It says “your video is not rated” and requires that I sign on to view it. I don’t use vimeo or have an account to sign into but I think it is actually saying that only YOU (the content creator) can log in to see it or change the permissions.

I’m also not sure what the audio clip is supposed to be showing us. That sounds like a serial delay with one feeding into the other. However, without some fprm pf tempo reference (such as a metronome or an actual playing clip of the riff) it has no content to determine what it’s rhythmic value is.

Starting this topic I hoped that someone could show me which settings and ranges you'd need to get that 8 dotted tone. I still don' t feel the need for a metronome or drums, because that 8 dotted tone is more than enough for me to play that intro, like the one in my video.

Despite all you very appreciated replies :) :thumbup: none comes near.

So having such a really exact (Profiler) patch is still my wish and I'm still hoping someone's technical skills can take care for that. Then this long topic has reached his goal.

People have literally been telling you the answer since the very beginning of this thread. The delay settings are super easy to recreate and the Kmepr can definitely do it. The hard part is getting the PLAYING right.

Clean Sense is actually Rig specific unless you lock the Input section. It is also independent beltween browser and performance modes.

I agree that I wouldn’t use Clean Sense to balance individual rigs though. I would use Rig Volume for that.

For those who have the Kemper Player, I'm wondering if it's possible to plug into the PA/FOH using the XLR output AND play through a cab. I understand I need a power amp. I have a Orange Pedal baby. Is it possible to route one of the outputs to the pedal baby into the cab?

My main goal is to see if it's possible to send a signal to FOH and a signal to my pedal baby/cab at the same time. I don't want to play a dry stage.

Thanks in advanced!

Make sure you set the Monitor Out source to Master Mono or you will only get half the signal. The Kemper doesn’t automatically sum to mono when only using one side of a stereo pair.