Saving a profile erases an existing profile

• Hi there,

Every profile I make erases the profile that was loaded before I start profiling.

If I'm not mistaken, I need to load a profile that sounds in the ballpark of the amp I'm about to profile. Not sure about this part, but this is not the problem. Next step, I start profiling... then I refine the profile and now it's time to save the new profile. There it comes... I click STORE and "Save As" since I want to save a NEW profile and don't wanna mess with the profile that was loaded.

What happens next is: the new profile is loaded, but the profile that was loaded is gone, or it has become the profile I just made.

So, what am I missing?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

• The original profile is still there in the browse pool. All you have done is replace whIch profile is loaded into the edit buffer. If you browse the list of profiles either using the KPA knobs pr in rig manager MY PROFILER you should see both.

If I'm not mistaken, I need to load a profile that sounds in the ballpark of the amp I'm about to profile. Not sure about this part, but this is not the problem.

Thanks!

The main reason for loading a similar rig is simply so that the meta data is partially filled out for you by using the sample rigs tags. It isn’t a big deal now with tHe ability to type all the fields in rig manager but it was a massive time saver in the old days when you had to fill in the tags on the KPA itself using the scroll wheel.

• Thanks for helping, Edward! I forgot to mention it but I do it. Then when I load the previous profile, it sounds identical to the new one. How come?

You can't just rename the profile and hit "enter" or it will go back to previous version on restart. After hitting enter and seeing the name changed, turn off and on a module (like a amp. cab, or FX) then hit 'Replace Rig" and it will save your new version properly and still keep the original one.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.