Posts by pippopluto

This is IMO one of the logistic flaws in the Profiler: the name of the preset used in a given slot gets lost after you assign it.
    Actually, as long as you stay on that slot, turning the Browse knob shows the loaded preset highlighted. But, if you try and do this for other slots, you'll be presented with the same item: basically, turning the knob in any other slot always shows the (same) last preset loaded.

I hope this issue is planned to be addressed in KAOS 6.0. If not, I strongly support this FR!

It clipped the input in a very harsh way. I tried decreasing distortion sens as recommended by kemper but still it didn’t sound right.

If the input clips (and yo can tell it by the Input LED) the parameter to check would be Clean Sens, which (among other things) accounts for the PU's output level.
    DS is just a global distortion control, and will not affect the PU-Input relationship.

If you want to do this for an acoustic tone, there is a small workaround.

Thanks nightlight :)
    Your idea might have some use, except that it excludes the extra-bass from the whole fx chain, which would probably sound weird with the more "ambient" rigs where a chorus, a delay and a reverb would at least be used.

My request would of course solve (avoid?) this, and that's the reason why I've come up with it :)
    I know the Profiler rather well and I have been unable to get a sonically elegant and usable tone till now.

Also, thanks for your encouragement :D

pippopluto we are in agreement on everything thing here.

I used the midi converter example merely as a wat to illustrate that good programming can achieve things of a similar narutre to your request but far more complicated so, although your request is not currently possible in the KPA, i believe it should be achievable without any alteration to the hardware. If a regular guitar and an iPhone can do full polyphonic midi conversion with negligible latency then I believe the existing Kemper HW can easily do what you want.

I think it would be a great addition to the KPA to develop that side of its capabilities but as you pointed out, much will depend on development priorities which are largely driven by user demand. It will be interesting to see whether there is sufficient motivation for Kemper to develop this at some point.

Yep, I don't think there would be issues in terms of hardware: AFAIK, DSPs can be programmed to represent any kind of HW circuit. Of course we are not sure about the quantitative side of things, but it's hard to me to believe that low-passing an incoming signal would take more resources than 8 intricately-routed delays or reverbs :)

Most of my gigs are solo or duo performances with a singer, and an octave lower than roots would really add body to a guitar without messing with the clarity of the whole chord(s), which is the limit of using any of the diverse instances of the currently-available octavers , harmonisers, pitch-based fx -- specially when you use an acoustic and you have to play arpeggios halfway through the neck. Such a small addiction would give such a spectacular sonic result... (thinking of chorus and reverb on top...) :)

There certainly are much less usable (used?) effects in the KPA, such as Vinil Stop (which I nevertheless love for what it does) :D

Not sure that I'm understanding you right. Do you mean the Kemper is already capable of detecting the lowest frequency? If yes, do you have an example?

What I mean is that once the device correctly generates an interval for each played note, low-passing the incoming signal doesn't require any out-of the-world technology.

I don’t believe the KPA is currently able to do this.

I agree. Hence, the feature request ;)
    Unless you mean that you believe it's impossible for the current hw to achieve this task?

the actual programming required to make it happen is probably pretty complex

Well, 2 quad-delays in series to further 6 in parallel (the last two of which are intermodulating) looks quite complex to me as well... but the Profiler can do it.
    Or maybe you mean the algorithm would be too complex for devs to write it?

On a general note, I believe we should leave to Kemper to determine if the thing is doable (provided they are willing to consider the option).

OTOH, I find normal that some users are not interested in such feature.

I won't, for obvious reasons, comment over suggestions such as "hire a band mate". When I read requests like "can we have a metronome?" I don't usually answer "buy one" or "hire a drummer", unless I am quite drunk, stoned or for some reasons angry at the world: I prefer to not comment, to save mine and others' time.

Do you mean that the Kemper should automatically detect the lowest note of a chord and then adds 1 or 2 octaves below? If yes, this isn't possible.

Yep, this is what I am suggesting.
    Of course it is not (currently) possible, that's why I am Requesting this Feature?

ASFAIK only Piezo systems can handle strings individually, so the problem with your request is not only the Kemper but also the kind of pickup you're using.

Mhhh... I might well be wrong, but don't think string recognition would play any role here. It would just be a matter of detecting the lowest emitted frequency, which the Profiler is already doing for the several currently-available Octavers.

You can just use the analog octave stomp for this, or for a more natural sound simply up the bass in the amp block.

I imagine you are aware that both alternatives you're suggesting have nothing to do with my feature request? ;)
    The Analog Octaver is pretty much monophonic, and when you play chords it tries and add octaves everywhere and, as I wrote, messes the sound up (a lot!).

And, of course, raising the bass level is a totally different matter, and would not produce the the effect I have in mind.

I suspect that's a pretty high-latency/costly algorithm to do in realtime.

Well, if the KPA is able to generate a polyphonic octaver (that is, reading each "string" (or better frequency) and generating a lower octaver for each of them (Harmonic Pitch), I can't see how it would be more CPU-demanding to filter all the harmonics and just generate one octave?

In general what you really want is to use an app like music memo's on your iPad or iPhone, or even the "Jam" mode of that old Rocksmith game and have a virtual band member add the bass. Failing that work out whether you can learn to love your guitar tone as is, or just maybe you could be a bassist in hiding and not realize it yet.

This all sounds really funny, but again, what has it to do with the Feature Request?

If guitarists had "loved their guitar tone as is", we all would still be playing lutes :D

Sometimes, when performing as solo or duo, with no bass (maybe in acoustic), I often feel I miss some lower octave.
    It would be nice if there was the option to add 1 or 2 lower octaves to the root frequency of the chord.
    The detection algorithm is already there, and adding just one note would not mess with the chord (like it happens instead when Octaver affects all the played frequencies).

I really believe Kemper should take a look into this...

Watch the demo till the end, lots of special uses.

This unit has a lot of more effects in it, but we could just integrate the basic functions with other already-existing fx.

BTW, is Bill still a member here?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It seems to me that such implementation of spillover was just not considered at design stage.
    Now Kemper will have to decide whether they want to implement it or not, going through some work they had probably never considered.

Comments from Kemper in this thread show that there are (very popular) music styles and setups they had never thought of before.

As a side note, seeing how large the P&W community is worldwide (basically all the "anglo-saxon" culture in the world I guess?), and how strong main competitors (namely Fractal and L6) are in fx management and routing, it seems to me that implementing the request would be a great testament in favour of Kemper: these musicians (and many others of course) would have less and less reasons to use competitors' products because of KPA's routing limitations, which appear to be critical in this (and other) music realm.

Ciao Farko, I am a singer-songwriter.
    The music I most often listen to is that of the Italian singer-songwriters of the '70s, Genesis, Liszt and the most transcendental music by Mozart (don't like his more commercial things)

:)

im using volume pedal like allways. but belive me, allways :) and most of the time its like %80 of volume and %100 on solos like a booster. (using volume post stack by the way) when playing on %80 volume and change to wah rig, its couses volume differences off course. so i was trying to say that, im balancing it with wah rigs volume.

Ah, got you :)

But the issue here is that, depending on the practical use, you can't be always certain you'll leave the volume pedal at a predictable setting.

Workarounds apart, I am trying and determine whether there's something I am missing on the matter or this is actually an intrinsic limitation of the way the Profiler works.

im using it like this ; putting wah to my stomps on my clean channel,and on/off with midi controller than it remembers my volume too. if the wah is on different rig, than trying to set it on rig volumes to make the balance.

Thanks for chiming in :)
    You lost me somewhere (sorry, I am not a native speaker)...

What does "set it on rig volumes" mean? That you bring the volume pedal back to 100% before switching to the new rig?