Posts by Yoda Guitar

Profile werden grundsätzlich "Trocken" erstellt.
    Man will ja den Amp mit und ohne Speaker und nicht das Rig.
    Es heißt ja auch Amp-Profiler und nicht Effect-Profiler
    Die Effekte sind beim Kemper auch "nur" Modelle.
    Also alle Modulations und zeitbasierte Effekte (Echo / Delay / Stereo Widener etc) ausschalten

Profilieren und im Kemper dann die entsprechenden Effekte nutzen.
    Man merkt dann recht schnell das der Amp im Line6 garnicht so gut ist,
    sondern das Ding so mit Lametta zugekleistert ist,
    das man den Baum darunter garnicht sieht, (Bildlich gesprochen).
    Das gilt übrigens für viele Modeller, schaltet man den ganzen Schnickschnack aus,
    ist der Amp meist zu ein kratziges etwas ein gutes Speaker IR muss das ganze dann retten.

please double check the value range in the system menue.

some values have a range from 0 to 10 some values have a range from 0 to 100% some from 0 to 255 some from 0 to 16384.

eg brightness display 0 to 100% vs brightness remote 0 to 16384.

maybe all value ranges sould be double checked, and scalled to 100%.

unfortunately this has been the case for years, and like the flickering bpm tap light, a lack of quality control.

2011 Macbook Pro. I tried Ventura but the bluetooth module doesn't work. I use a wireless keyboard and trackpad so it was a no go. Maybe Monterey will work better. I might give it a go when I have a free evening.

I see,
    It seems you didn't do the postinstall. During the installation from the USB stick, no drivers for Bluetooth, audio or graphics card are available. The drivers may not be known at this point.

The post-installation process determines and installs the necessary drivers only after the installation. Therefore, you should always have a wired keyboard and mouse at hand. With a notebook, the keyboard and the touchpad should suffice for installation.

I was going to try this but I think my mac is actually too old to run Ventura using this patch. I patched it with Mojave instead and left a comment on another thread regarding this so I think this may come up again with a few other users as there are plenty of macs that won't officially support any OS beyond 10.13.

How old is your MAC ?
    Im running Monterey on an 2011 MacBook Pro. And Ventura on an 2014 iMac.
    Did you rund the Postinstallation Procedure ?

https://dortania.github.io/Ope…egacy-Patcher/MODELS.html

I see the new Beta version of Rig Manager only supports MacOS 10.14 and later. I presume that there are still a lot of users like myself that are still using High Sierra (10.13) because of the limitations of our Macs. Will these machines be supported after beta? I don't really want to buy a new computer just to continue using Rig Manager.

A really stable and good method to install the new MAC OS Ventura on older MAC's is "Open Core Legacy Patcher".
    I myself have installed this on several devices and it's really easy to use.
    You need a USB stick and should of course have a backup of your data.

Attached video link:

https://www.youtube.com/@Mr.Macintosh

Download Link:

https://github.com/dortania/Op…atcher/releases/tag/0.6.6

Sooner or later you will not be able to avoid an update.
    Should the device fail and need to be replaced, or use a loaner device, e.g. At a festival you have to "update" quickly.

Ultimately, the decision rests with the owner of the device.

However, if you as a technician are responsible for availability and stability,

I would always insist on a replacement device.

In our band we always have spare parts for almost everything. Guitar / Bass / In-ear and through the use of digital technology such as the Kemper amp, we need less technology overall.

Technically an update is not a thing.

Create a backup, update (preferably via USB stick) restore backup.

That's it.

From a technical point of view YES,

all electrical components age over time, some such as electrolytic capacitors age even if they are not used at all.

The aging process is particularly significant for components that heat up considerably and/or are operated with high voltages (switching power supply). Basically, doubling the temperature tenfold the chemical processes.

https://www.htv-gmbh.de/en/ser…servation/aging-processes

Yoda Guitar – stuff live tracker, lets talk about the band! Is that you? Great stuff dude, I loved it!! That eastern flavour running through it...fab!

Sorry to say the Band is no longer existing after the pandemie.
    The Girl is now working on here single career.
    You can listen to the Album we made here.
    https://open.spotify.com/intl-…st/4VmsYh2GKxJRTN72MZFPAX
    https://music.apple.com/de/artist/alyzee/1106313459

In my opinion Live Traker is the best you can get for a small Band.
    It's every thing on one laptop..
    -- Setlist
    -- Multitracker

-- DMX Light

-- Video Screen playing

-- Lyric's also working with PAD and external monitors

https://livetraker.com

We used Live Tracker on stage a lot .. for example all backing Vocal, additional Instruments , Midi Control for Kemper and Keyboard and also Light and Video.
    You can see the "Player Rack" near the Drummer. We send about 8 Stereo tracks plus Live instruments to the FOH and Stage Monitor.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

we used to have this problem too, it all started with the singer not hearing himself.

Anyway, the first approach was, everyone had their own mixer and then mixed in their own instrument locally. i.e. there was a monitor mix for everyone where the vocals were the focus and you mixed your own instrument on it again. With this method you can make yourself louder, but not quieter, and you always have a strange sound from your own instrument due to the delay time and phase position.

Today we have a digital mixer with remote control so everyone can do their own mix via PAD / Phone.

Digital mixers don't cost that much anymore.

So buy a digital mixer for the whole band with a corresponding number of monitors and wireless controls.

E.g. a "Behringer X Air XR16/XR18" is enough for a small band.

People the world doesn't need, with opinions no one asked for.

Everyone here has their own personal reason why they prefer one or the other device.

Discussing this is useless. The age of the missionaries ended long ago.

Eine wacklige Stromversorgung kann für diverse Geräte echt ein Thema sein - insbesondere halt für digitales Equipment wie Digitalmixer, Synths oder eben auch den Kemper. Gegen Spannungsspitzen und Netzbrummen kann man sich noch mit einem Power Conditioner helfen, aber gegen einen überforderten Stromanschluss, der zwischendrin in die Knie geht, kann man sich nur schwer wehren (gut, wenn man immer einen Batterie-Puffer mitschleppen will...).

Ich hatte schon mal den Spaß, dass der Haustech beim Soundcheck dreimal den Bühnenstrom geschossen hat und damit unser ganzes Setup zum Reboot gezwungen hat - das macht Spaß (vor allem, wenn ein Teil des Setups PC-basiert ist)... Hätte den Kerl fast frontal angesprungen.

Ich bin schon seit einer ganzen weile weg vom "Power Conditioner" und benutze nur noch online usv sowohl Kemper als auch Digitalmischer und Keyboards.
    Man bekommt z.B. eine EATON 700VA für um die 100 Euro. "Power Conditioner" ist was für old style analog und im Verhältnis viel zu teuer.