Posts by Steve5478

Could the "trigger" for it be assigned to a footswitch and can this function also switch on/off effect?

Morph function doesn't activate/disable Fxs but acts on parameters, but you can reach what you want with a % mix variation for example : a delay from 0% mixed to 40%.

You can set other parameters at the same time : delay time, etc...

Too bad! Other amps have more than one output to speakers at the same time. But I could run one out to another amp input but not speaker?

The main problem is that your rigs is heterogeneous....

I've got 6 outputs with my stage but can't do what you want neither.

4 outputs are for Main (2 x XLR & 2 x 1/4") all those outputs will integrate the amp + cab + mic sim

The behaviour of the 2 others monitor outputs are linked together : with/without Kone, with/without imprints, with/without cab sims....

We'll agree to disagree. The Stomp is limited compared to its bigger brothers.

L6 and Fractal purpose same FX (and amp/cab sims) in all devices. Block's number is reduced but not at all something that prevents us from using this device on its own.

Helix stomp offers more FX blocks than a Kemper Stage.... I don't even speak about FM3, the number of blocks seems to be very important.

As i said i had a Helix before and my FX chain was smaller and smaller. I could easily switch/copy a simple Rig from a unit to another one if i had a Helix and a stomp.

Those two limitations all together with the player would prevent me from doing so....

Glad to see you're happy with scenes, I wasn't. Maybe I am a bit oldschool, I just need my patches directly accessible because I often jump between them and I need a very clean, visual workflow, that's why I am so happy with the KPA and the Remote. I got the HX for fly-in gigs and still needed a solid MIDI controller with plenty of programmability. Cue in the lag and add it to changing the platform... hence switching to the Player. Currently working on downsizing the racks for this fall's tour, just to see if this works.

I assume what you call "scenes" are "snapshots" in L6 terms... IMO, it's not fair to compare L6 stomp familly to Head/Rack (with remote) or Kemper Stage....

I had a Helix LT before and the way to built and to move toward snapshots was just amazing, the ergonomic is rather remarkable on this point.

The difference with Kemper is elsewhere ; just the most important thing in my opinion : amp/cab sound ;)

Since the Kemper does not include choices for mic simulations, Is it safe to assume you would get mic simulations choosing selected reverbs in the Kemper? You can get profiles that are direct or studio. I didn't know you could choose different speaker imprints for your monitors, and not just the Kone.

With monitors, you just have to activate Cab section, mic's simulation is integrated...

The question was how you use the Kabinet ; as a FRFR or with Imprints ?

Haven't seen any yet, but you really need to demo the cabinet and hear it in person.

I've tried many monitoring solutions over the past three years and found they didn't really sound the same at home as they did in the video clips, to many variables. I didn't mind the time spent, but the cost was more than I would have liked to have spent.

That being said, with sound being such a personal preference, here's my two cents. I bought the FR-12, and after a few days using the cabinet, it is the reason I decided to stick with the Kemper and not go back to a traditional amp. This was the last piece of the puzzle for me and I'm very happy with what I hear and I'm really enjoying just playing.

Do you use it with Imprints or FRFR ?

It depends what you call "IRs", cause the Kabinet's advantage are "imprints" that emulate a speaker without mic simulations....

If you don't use it this way, it'll be the "same" with monitors... FRFR mode ;)

For the speakers, i have a pair of Focal Alpha 50, i like them.

Yamaha or Adam Audio are also appreciated... KrK seems to be not as flat as the others....

If you can, go to a homestudio shop to try and listen to them to hear the difference....

I agree. They gonna purpose to unlock Player's possibilities to reach big brothers' ones but it would be incomprehensible for big users units to see Player offering the move blocks ; it has been asked for years....

I'm really not convinced they gonna add 1 block pre and post amp too. There will be a flanged Player version by default and we will be able to unlock features (how (much) & when ? Don't know)...

The last thing I wanted was the Toaster, Rack or Stage - all overly complicated, too big and surplus to requirements.

It depends where you come from, i mean if you use Pre/post amp effects with your traditional rig ?!

I had the same prejudice before buying my stage cause of old looking Kemper devices (the amount of buttons too) and though i came from another modeler...

At the end, Kemper's devices are so well thought out/designed. FX chain is simple, every button is a quick access, it's just amazing.... short press to activate an effect, long press to enter into parameters.... To affect an effect to a stomp. Press the switch and the soft button --> Done.... :thumbup: <3

Kemper can answer for themselves....but that's not what he said.

Chris Kemper has said on this forum that paid upgrades for the KPP are being considered. So....upgrades are coming. Whether or not they include a price tag is the only real question.

I just wait for that (and when ? ;) )

Even if the Player will still have limitations (cause of its hardware), i really see it at home to complete my Stage. This little toy is appealling and reactivated my GAS... :cursing: ^^

Today, it can't respond to my needs.... ;(

I think they will have to include a price tag....

A cool thing would be to thank bigger units' owners with a lower/free upgrade like L6 did with Helix Native ;)

Can't wait to hear this announcement to click on the "add to cart" button ;)

Players' buttons have a double function (not all for the moment) when you push and turn them.

in the manual :

RIG VOLUME Knob (9)
    The RIG VOLUME knob controls the individual volume of the current Rig, like a channel volume. Unlike MASTER VOLUME, this setting will be stored as part of the Rig. For a detailed description please refer to Rig Volume chapter.
    Push-dial this knob to control the Bluetooth® volume as well as the volume of your USB playback (“DAW Volume”)

Steve5478 have you tried the Noise Gate in the Input section?

It seems to work well for me, albeit I haven’t tried it outside of my home studio. If it works for you, you’ll save one of the two precious pre-stack fix slots.

I tried it first but i had to push this parameter too high.

That buzz was really present on stage, so i pushed the default at home to really get rid of it for the next gig. I have tried to reduce (a little) gain too, but it was not probant.

Noise gate 2:1 at 3.5/4 was the good way to obtain that result.

He actually said it's been discussed internally, no guarantees that it will happen

He answered this #138 of this thread :

Thus we consider since quit a while to offer one or two software upgrade (with costs), that will boost the Players features towards the Head, Rack and Stage.

It's quite positive. IMO, the questions now are : When and How much ?

I think, for the moment, that's not his priority, he's in the machines on the production line

The Kemper Player doesn't offer as many ways to customize a rig as the full KPA. There will be some people who had expected that the Player would have the same editing capabilities of a rig as the bigger brothers (the competition does). Not saying it is necessarily a deal killer, just that people might have this expectation based on other competing product lines.

Player brings limitations, it's a smaller unit, it's logic. As i said, i'm disappointed cause hardware already brings a lot of limitations...

I hesitate to buy one and i'm waiting to know the price tag for unlocking all the features....

But on this specific point, i don't catch the reason why ?!

Profiles are heart's machine. From my point of view, Amp/cab possibilities should be the same on every devices and Kemper can purpose paid versions to expand all other possibilities. I don't believe that new owners know what we are talking about when we say set the clarity parameter, i don't think pedal board owners will put 100€ or more to have 6-8 more buttons (some they don't know the incidence)....I don't imagine big units' owner complaining cause Players' ones have those possibilities.....

This week-end, i had a gig and had a buzz with high gain + disto sounds. At rehearsal or at home that default was not so important.

I came back and added a noise gate on all rigs that presents this annoying sound, i thought this was another reason that 2 stomps before an amp is really too little.....

For what it's worth, I did read the manual and other documentation before purchasing the Player. I thought it was the pre-release version, not the finished "that's all you're going to get" version that I was reading (and ultimately receiving). Will be returning my Player and going with an FM3 Turbo instead.

FM3 is much more expensive, C.Kemper said all features will be able in a paid version and is on the roadmap. Don't you think it could be a better/cheaper solution ?

I'm not sure I understand. You can only change what you can change. Therefore, if you edit the available parameters RM should just update those as all the others remain in their default positions. I assume the rig alterations are backwards compatible.

I wanted to talk about a new kemper's player owner. It means, he catches a rig on rig exchange and put it in his Player but he can't set those absent parameters anyway!?