Posts by guitarguy316

Correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially the Kemper Kabinet can be:

- An FRFR (i.e. Headrush 112) where you set the AMP+CAB+MIC on the Profiler

OR

- Speaker Imprint mode (like a Line 6 PowerCab) where you choose a speaker emulation = AMP + CAB Imprint?

So having just got a KPA, I first was only playing it through and EVH 212 that I had laying around. I turned off the "CAB" portion on my KPA but even thought profiles were somewhat different they all sounded the same through the same speakers and I really wasn't that pleased until I picked up the FRFR112...so now each profile DOES sound different when you add the cab/mic aspect into the mix. I don't play out with a band anymore so mainly just at home and want to experience all the different kind of amps and cabs out there (hence buying a KPA). The FRFR112 is pretty cool for the price ($275 after a discount) but it's a stop gap for me until the Kemper Kabinet comes out and that'll probably be what I'll use indefinitely.

Just to be clear, you are not taking the speaker output from your powered Kemper into the headrush?

You don;t put powered out into a powered FRFR. You are using the main or monitor out?

Hence it does not need to be a speaker cable.

No, I was only using MONITOR OUTPUT. I tried a regular TS cable and I think it's better than the TRS was. Since I'm not gigging I also got an XLR cable on the way to try that XLR to XLR mono only into the 112.

Picked up the headrush frfr112 to tide me over until the kemper kabinet is available.

I plugged in a regular 1/4” TS speaker cable (from my amp head to 212 cab) from monitor output to frfr112 input.

1) I feel like there’s quite a bit of unwanted noise or hiss. Any thoughts?

2) is it best to turn the kemper volume way up and keep the headrush lower or vice versa?

Overall it sounds pretty decent and gets loud for my needs at home but wish I could kill some of the “PA speaker system” hiss noise.

So with it connected to an FRFR (like Headrush), I then press the cab button to make sure cab sim is ON, then go into GLOBAL OUTPUT settings and turn on PURECAB there?

Is the 1/4" monitor out just a standard speaker cable jack? I have a few speaker cables from conncting my old head to cabinets...same cable works fine? Says the headrush has a XLR / TRS 1/4" combo jack?

I have a general question...should purecab be on for using an FRFR, or something like the kabinet when it comes out? Being new to KPA I am trying to understand what it really does.

I just got a powered KPA toaster. Now I’m impatiently waiting on the kabinet. What should I get in the meantime? Is the headrush 112 better than 108?

I don’t know if I want a guitar cab bc then I’d be stuck with only 1 type of speaker and have to turn off the cab sim correct?

Also which xlr output do I use on the powerhead to the headrush?

Ok, that is probably the answer. I was having to turn off the "CAB" button for every preset. I have a POWERED KPA so for now I'm running the 1/4 speaker OUT of the powered section to my guitar cabinet. Sounds like I need to do the MONITOR CAB OFF for now. In the future I will get the Kemper Kabinet, which I assume at that point you'd want to leave the "CAB" simulations on again.

Current beta revisions don't include the factory content anymore regardless of the model. You can just perform an Init Flash in Maintenance Mode, which wipes out all data and resets all global settings. In order to restore the factory content you need to open a support ticket and receive a backup file including the factory content for OS 7.

How do you do the init flash / maintenance mode? I went into SYSTEM and did reset settings.

You can reset to factory state by pushing soft button 1 (top left above display) before turning it on, keep it pushed and turn the KPA on. During the start still keep the button pushed.
    You now enter System/Booting Maintenance. There you can Init the Flash either with factory content or completely empty.

[potentially malicious link removed]

Hello, does this work on current beta? I couldn’t get it to work by holding the first button directly above the screen and turning it on to browser.

Hello guys, new to Kemper and was understanding these profiles. If i understand the differences correctly, I would want to push the "CAB" button so it's off when using an external cab (right now an evh 5150 cab)? I am waiting for the Kemper Kabinet to come out and when I get that one, I would leave the "CAB" light/simulation on at all times right?

So for now using the 5150 cab as a guitar cab, I would want to use a Merged profile, but Studio is also possible but the KPA has to run cab function to remove the simulation aspect?

The cheapest most at hand solution, if you already have a XLR, go that way, if not 1/4" instrument cable, the only difference is that technically XLR will deliver more volume to the Speaker, but it is not needed anyway, chanel balance would make no difference at all. Speaker cable is overkill.

Sorry I meant instrument cable not home that we speaker cable. I assume that’s just mono output or do you run dual stereo xlr to the headrush?