1970 Marshall JMP Superbass Plexi

• Hi Folks,

I´m back from my friend´s studio - we had a great profiling session 8)
    On the Rig Exchange you can now find some profiles of my 1970 Marshall JMP Superbass 100W Plexi amp.
    I used the original cab (don´t know which speakers are in it...too lazy to loosen all those screws... ;) )
    This time I used three mics, a Shure SM7b, a Heil PR40 and a no name ribbon cheapo, which added a great dose of warmth.

I did five profiles from clean to full, and additionally some more with different fuzz, distortion and boost pedals. Btw: this was the first time a Fuzz Face turned out great, 99% close to the reference amp tone!

I refined the profiles with a Fender Thinline Tele with Bareknuckle P90s in it. I like them with my vintage strat, too.

Hope you´ll like them! :thumbup:

[Blocked Image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i01quos6weq2xn/2013-11-21%2021.41.58.jpg]

• Thanks a lot ! tried them already , and they are top notch . The clean one is so sweet , really warm and full of caracter! The Fuzz one turned really well too , if you put a treble booster and volume tone down on humbucker, its similar to cream kind sound . In my case i always prefer different tone setting on the amp instead of OD Boxes , But for sure many will find a use to them .
    Congrats Sirius, you are a golden Profiler ! always high quality work ! The comunity apreciates ! :thumbup:

• Thanks a lot ! tried them already , and they are top notch . The clean one is so sweet , really warm and full of caracter! The Fuzz one turned really well too , if you put a treble booster and volume tone down on humbucker, its similar to cream kind sound . In my case i always prefer different tone setting on the amp instead of OD Boxes , But for sure many will find a use to them .
    Congrats Sirius, you are a golden Profiler ! always high quality work ! The comunity apreciates ! :thumbup:

Thanks a lot ! tried them already , and they are top notch . The clean one is so sweet , really warm and full of caracter! The Fuzz one turned really well too , if you put a treble booster and volume tone down on humbucker, its similar to cream kind sound . In my case i always prefer different tone setting on the amp instead of OD Boxes , But for sure many will find a use to them .
    Congrats Sirius, you are a golden Profiler ! always high quality work ! The comunity apreciates !

Tone, I agree, with the KPA you can get the distortion piece from such a large selection that you almost do not need pedals. Get that from the amp and forget the pedals. Having said that, I've also been impressed with pedals over the years and I still like to hear them without owning them and this gives me that possibility. If one starts with a clean sound and then adds the pedal, we can see the way the pedal sounds. A while back I uploaded a Plimsoul profile done through a clean Blues Junior and whether we like it or not, it sounded exactly like the sustaining tone of the Plimsoul even though Mike Fuller might disagree. What a great pedal. Adding an interesting story, about ten years ago I spoke with Paul Rivera and asked him for advice on tube amp design. I am an electrical engineer with an auto company and wanted to learn and build tube amps. He ended up asking me more questions about my company and about manufacturing etc.. One thing I won't forget is his message. Forget about tubes and learn about amplifier profiling and modeling. Go back to school or whatever, but that is the future . . . . . . . He sure was correct but at that time Chris was probably all over it.

• wow ! Have been testing the amp yesterday evening and what a blast !!!

The amp itself is really great , clean , bridged , full ... all those tones respect perfectly the real classic Marshall tone you would expect from such a lovely peace of 70's gear. Fantastic profiling & tone - no tweaks for me - 5 stars profiles

Having access to profiles with classic & collector pedals in front is totally mind blowing !!! Instant pro studio tone like the one I got on my classic rock albums , what a difference & character in each of these pedals 8o , Hendrix fans you'll find happiness here !

Another bunch of classic profiles, they should be integrated in the factory rigs.

Mega thanks for this awesome work , and - as always - for free RU Sirius

• Wow i liked them. All of this serie sound great with my vintage stato. Thanks a lot. You make my day.

you´re welcome! :thumbup:

If you´re into stomp boxes, there are some more of my profiles on the rig exchange. The start with "Stomp_..."
    My latest profiles of a little Hughes & Kettner Thirty combo also include some with stomp boxes. And don´t get fooled by the one star ratings. There´s some nasty fellow always giving my profiles one star, most of the time literally minutes after I uploaded them...don´t know what I have done to this person ?(