OS 2.3 trouble - SOLVED

• I was playing around with the bass profiles... made some changes and saved as...

when I went back and forth I noticed it only sometimes "locked in" to the profile.. it seems to need switching back and forth a few times before
    the loudness and tone would return to normal...

steve

Leg em down and yackem smackem

• hm - no changes in tone as far as i can hear (but can only hear with one ear right now:-( )
    But - i did the "initializing global settings" - mostly because i heard that "phase sound" now and then... don´t know if that did anything :) (but it seams like my FX loop pop´s with my external pedals is gone with 2.3 and the initializing...)

• Ok Im not trying to tick anyone off but I really hear a difference between OS 2.1 which is what I was on, to version 2.3. I thought at first it was in the upper range, but it sounds more like a boxiness. I recorded 2 different profiles. First Pittbull and Morgan AC 20 in 2.1, then the same exact profiles in OS 2.3. For now Im staying on 2.1.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff5x0/sets/kemper

I have not done a system reset yet, so that very well could be the issue. What exactly does a system reset erase? I know it doesnt erase rigs, but does it erase anything important?

You sure you didn't change any settings? The difference is massive.
    Well, I am going to check myself in 5.

• You sure you didn't change any settings? The difference is massive.
    Well, I am going to check myself in 5.

Didnt change a thing. Went through the process of doing the OS install (no problem there) then once it was done went immediately into Performance Mode to my main setting, thats when I discovered it didnt sound right. Thats why Im wondering if something in settings changed between 2.1 and 2.2. I never installed 2.2. I went right from 2.1 to 2.3.

• hmhm.. the difference of Pitbull is incredible.. ufff.. though, I am still on 2.2.1 at the moment but if I decide to move on to 2.3 I will record several clips of some profiles and than check them with 2.3 versions.. but at the moment I don´t feel like upgrading..

• Having Issues where the tones in browser mode don't load correctly. They sound as if someone put a Radio filter effect on them with more high range.
    Then once you change to another profile and change it back it goes to normal.

• Ok solved for me. I couldnt wait to try the Rig Manager. So I put 2.3 back on. Sound was still bad. System reset and all is fine now in Performance mode. Havent checker browser mode yet but I suspect it is ok. One thing that still puzzles me and it just did it again when I re-loaded new OS, is it is literally changing my rigs in Performance Mode. The slot has the right name but it has moved a different rig into that slot. For example My main performance is labeled Morgan AC 20, Morgan AC20 +, Pitbull, Pittbull +. Once I did the OS though it was labeled right it was Initalised Rig, Pittbull, Pittbull, and Pitbull+. Not a huge deal, only took a second to set everything back up, but why is an OS update changing my rigs in Performance Mode? ?(

• I hadn't noticed any sound changes or odd behaviors on 2.3 but I also did a system reset after updating.

I did have to update twice tho...downloaded the update, placed on USB stick and proceeded to update Kemper when the amp froze up on the Start Up "Kemper" Logo...I switched it off, waited and switched on again. The system was still on 2.2.1, so I placed the KaosBin file again on my USB stick replacing the previous 2.3 version and proceeded to update. It went fine that time....Perhaps after Kemper collected all our user info, they will have a 2.3.1 official release with the kinks worked out.

• I will try the system reset, it may solve my problem. But the other thing that bothers me is the space parameter changes. I never use the headphone output of the kemper, as I plug the kemper to my soundcard, and I don't have stomp slots available for space... why not having the option of space parameter :
    headphones only / all outputs ?

the best of both worlds IMHO

djemass

I will try the system reset, it may solve my problem. But the other thing that bothers me is the space parameter changes. I never use the headphone output of the kemper, as I plug the kemper to my soundcard, and I don't have stomp slots available for space... why not having the option of space parameter :
    headphones only / all outputs ?

the best of both worlds IMHO

djemass

CK stated that this is all gonna change again next firmware release :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I dont want to be a part of "the tone is off after update thread" but I have to be honest. There seems to be a tad more high end frequencies in my rigs than before this update. The update also removed some of my rigs from Performance Mode and replaced them with Initialised Rigs. Weird. I know the whole platform of the Kemper upgrades is to not change the tones. Im hoping Im just experiencing a placebo effect here. Im gonna wait until I have it hooked up to my RCF monitor before I say anymore. Im more use to hearing it through that than the KRKs here in my studio. So before someone chimes in and says "here we go again" :rolleyes: Im holding off saying its different until I investigate further. Maybe Ill try a system reset as suggested as well.

More clearer, so more sharp for me & not in a good way.(with my P90)

Edited once, last by mba ().