Not getting a good sound.... On the verge of returning

• http://www.kemper-amps.com/pag…Know_About_Profiling.html

Does the Profiler react to different guitars, pickups or tone/volume changes like a real amp?
    Yes. The profiles don't crush your tone, like so many other digital processors do, but bring out the sound of your fingers, pickups etc.

Your point being?..

Let's set the facts straight, shall we?
    The guitars used to profile an amplifier are NOT relevant to the resulting sound. Period.
    Confirmed by the designers countless times.

With a little luck, this will show up on google search :D

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• Have you tried any of the Lasse Profiles they are great sounding (and free) and I have had great results from metal musicians saying how good they sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a user can't get great tones instantly from the Lasse Profiles, then they must sell their Kemper.

• I want this thing to be awesome... but the Axe FX II is winning by a long shot right now...

because of tweakability...the ability to make ANY preset sound like YOU want it to.... if you can do this with the Kemper... How?

Axe FX II is so involved... via AxeEdit software... I dont see how the Kemper can release creativity to that extent?

How long have you been tweaking your Axe-FX11?

• Haha I know this is really sensitive... the vs Axe Fx debate....

I just want this to be as good if not better?

There's no real vs XFX debate, it's just a different workflow - but ever since that Wade/Merrow vid where they just spewed nonsense for 15 minutes flat, that particular question never stops popping up.

I've heard your XFX-II mix. I have to say the guitars sounded out of place, to my ears - but opinions, you know.
    It does, however, sound like you are trying to combine a studio-efficient sound with something that sounds good live. This will probably not happen, better men have tried.
    It is perfectly possible that you just like the workflow of the XFX-II better, or a super-processed sound. Those exist on the Kemper, but are harder to find.
    However, so far i know of only one profile that you've tried and that one was meant for a mix.
    I'd say get to know the device, then ask questions, then make up your mind - it sounds as if you've reversed the process :)

Good luck!

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• I had my Axe FX II for like a month and then got a good sound.

I will try the Lasse profiles... If I cant get a good tone there... I will just return and revert back to the Axe FX II XL.

Never know unless you try?

I guess I am not understanding "preset intended for a mix" will not sound good live? My presets on the Axe FX II that sounded good in the mix sounded badass live?

This shit is weird...

• A good sounding Profile sounds great in a mix and just as great live.

Do you know how to change Cabs?
    When you check out the Lasse Profiles which should be on your Kemper, save the Cabinets.

Also, download this Cabinet folder and Import the files into your Kemper...try different Cabs with some Profiles and see if that helps you.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…inets%20August%202012.zip

• I can´t believe what Layne81 is saying.....
    Maybe trolling.....
    Furthermore in page 1 someone with 1 post agree with him the axe is far better.

I Have played with axe, and Kemper is the same or better!
    Do you really have the Kemper? are you registered with kemper serial number?

If I´m wrong i´ll apologyze....

• Yes sir you are wrong... I have a serial... I am not trolling I swear...

Just a guy that is having a bad experience with new equipment and reaching out to other users for a means of a know how to fix the issue...

• Cabs are on when I am running to the 828mk3 but off when I am running through my Orange PPC412HP.

As far as output settings... I have no clue what is "okay" and what is "not okay" at this point.

I honestly believe that may be where the issue is...

• could you get a rig from the RigExchange that is considered to be very good from a majority of users here, like the
    Boogie MarkIIC+ (new) by Djemass for example,
    disable the delay, record a few riffs with it, post it and let us know what exactly it is you don't like?

thank you.

like others said:
    make sure the noise gate isn't set unreasonably high
    and that the output eq is neutral

• Will do! Thanks again for the help...

• Hey I know you probably don't want to spend anymore money but I know one thing that helped me when I first got the kpa was purchasing an amp pack (Diezel Herbert) from the amp factory because I knew the sound of that amp and what I was looking for with my guitar. With the amp factory's profiles I barely tweaked anything to get where I wanted to be and it was only 8 dollars. Just a suggestion, take it or leave it but it saved me a lot of time. I still dig all the free profiles and am more than grateful to the wonderful community here as well as the kpa team for releasing free products but this was just something I did during the early stages of getting used to the kpa to find a quick profile that I could work with without filtering through thousands available. Good luck.