M Britt Kemper Profiles

• Try this...

Take the Dumble ODS N 3-2 Profile from Pack 2.
    I'm using a Les Paul.

Turn the Gain down to 12 o'clock.
    Now turn the Volume Knob on your guitar all the way down until you get a very clean tone.
    You'll notice it's clean but it's lost volume and sounds a bit wimpy and weak.
    Now go into the Amp block and turn the Compressor up to around 12 or 1 o'clock.
    The clean tone fills out, gains sustain, sounds fat.

Play for a while, you might forget you're actually on a Profile that has some serious distortion going on.
    Now slowly turn the volume up on your guitar, notice as the distortion level increases the Amp block Compressor effect decreases, by the time you're back at full guitar volume the Compressor is hardly having any effect on the tone.
    Roll your guitar volume down again back to the perfectly clean tone.

From perfectly fat clean tone to raging distortion on one Profile...CK genius at work.

Of course now you have have all sorts of other fun if you're using a LP type guitar with separate volume and tone controls on both the bridge and neck pickups.
    You can have distorted and clean tones just by changing pickups without touching the volume knob.

Amazing Profile, Dumble distortion is special and unique...

• Agreed! The compressor in the Amp block is genious! You can fatten up any clean tone, and when increasing the guitar volume you gain distortion w\o almost affecting loudness. Great!

• Hi folks,

I bought pack 1 and 2 and used some of the profiles extensively for recording and with PA speakers. Very nice and rewarding. Last Sunday I plugged the KPA into my Mesa combo (loop insert). I am just blown away from the quality of clean, slight driven and overdrive sounds with this setting. I could not stop to play mainly using Fender and the Dumble profiles. With all my guitars (from single coil to humbuckers) I achieve exactly the sounds that I had in my ear. I do not care whether the speaker sound of my Mesa is right for the profile as it does not matter. It just sounds good to me. Thanks for this experience, Mr Britt. I would be probably happy with just around 10 profiles in total. Still use some of Andy s stuff which is also really good.

My appetite for even more profile is certainly gone. So I am waiting now patiently which GAS will hit me now (little tip for GAS friends: got recently a Godin guitar with Fishman Midi system which is pretty good)

All the best to the Kemper friends
    Sacapuntas

• I've got all 3 packs & really dig them. I used my KPA this week at rehearsal for the 1st time. I set up 5 tones from the Dumble pack for my "rig-of-the-night". A pair of clean Dumbles, a crunchy D & 2 creamy lead tones. We rehearse at a fairly moderate volume and usually the clean tones get a bit lost in the mix. The lose their mojo. No sustain without a compressor. Anyway, with the KPA I was able to get awesome, full clean tones at the lower volume. I even used the clean tone to solo on some tunes that I usually go medium gain on. I thought the "D-pack" served me extremely well. I actually got a text from the drummer on the way home saying that my "R2-D2 toaster thingy" made the band sound better. I agree with him. And I didn't think I was a Dumble guy. I usually live & breathe Marshall, but I'm lovin' the D-Pack! Great job Michael!

My name is Chris & I'm a guitar-a-holic!

• Hi M Britt profile fans,

could not resist to record quickly something with the Dumble profiles from Pack 2. American Tele meets a beautiful backing from Mr Mats Nermarg (hope ok for you, Mats?). Clean Dumble profile plus a more gainy one. Sounds very much like those 80ties fusion sounds.

If you want to to listen please have a click there: :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers
    Sacapuntas

• Diego, great playing! Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're liking the profiles. Your playing on that track (great track btw Mats) is great because you can really hear all of the timbre changes with the profiles. It's hard to get that kind of thing with a lot of other amps, but the Dumble types have whatever dynamic thing that is.

CRGTR, thanks to you too!

I've been busy working on Pack 3 (pack 4 if your name is db9091 ;). I should be done in a week or two. I just have some more testing to do on them. I'll keep you guys informed, but it's sounding good so far.

• Are you using the new profiling method for your next rig packs?

Most of these were done prior to the new system and even the ones I've done since the new system came out are the traditional "studio" type. The new firmware from Kemper will include a dozen or so of the new d.i./merged profiles I've done. I will probably do some additional d.i./merged versions in the future but I wanted this new pack to be consistent with the previous ones as many amps I'd already profiled a month or two ago.

• Remember too that there is the Ceriatone (16 profiles) , Fuchs (12) & Two Rock (9) in this pack along with the Dumble (23). All are excellent and there is a good variety of sweet spot. It's not like "you got one clean, you got them all". MBritt isn't going cheap on you. These are tasteful selections.

So, in all, 4 well done amps.

When he said on his website that 60 profiles wasn't enough to capture all the nuances of these amps he wasn't kidding. Normally I don't go for a lot of profiles of one amp, but this was an ok balance if you're really into the amps. Since many of us have been curious to have a quality Dumble, this gave more than what I expected.

• I think I may have found my new favorite MBritt profile...the Bletchley profiles from pack 1. I can't remember which one (Belchfire or Bomber) but I have been using it at band rehearsal the past two weeks and it is super versatile. I can play so many different styles with my Anderson T or my Anderson Bulldog. If I need a little more gain for a tune or solo I just hit the Green Scream for a small boost. It is just awesome! Give it a try if you haven't already.

• I think I may have found my new favorite MBritt profile...the Bletchley profiles from pack 1. I can't remember which one (Belchfire or Bomber) but I have been using it at band rehearsal the past two weeks and it is super versatile. I can play so many different styles with my Anderson T or my Anderson Bulldog. If I need a little more gain for a tune or solo I just hit the Green Scream for a small boost. It is just awesome! Give it a try if you haven't already.

Hmmmm ...

I think you know the tones I dig. Would those Bletchley profiles be a good match for me?