First picture of the Kemper Remote

• :) ? We're looking at 150-200 euros before we get to the remote. This is not going to be cheap.

Quality pedals come at a cost. Of course you can choose far cheaper ones.
    I chose wisely. The DVP-3 are perfect for my needs, and customizable, too.
    I predict they will be the de-facto-standard for many users.

• I think what's niggling me is the growing pile of obsolete pedals I'm accumulating! I'm on the list, I know I'll buy one anyway. :)

If you have expression pedals already that you like you can use them with the Remote (if they have stereo jacks).
    If they really are obsolete you can still sell them. ;)

• Quality pedals come at a cost. Of course you can choose far cheaper ones.
    I chose wisely. The DVP-3 are perfect for my needs, and customizable, too.
    I predict they will be the de-facto-standard for many users.

Your dead right Ingolf. Buy cheap buy twice i always say!! I'd rather pay a bit more for something knowing it's going to last me for quite a while instead if it breaking within the first year and then I have to go buy another one

• Everything I've read and seen so far results in what I'll refer to as a "Well Balanced" design.

The characteristics which appeal to me most are:
    1) The RJ45 handling both power and midi. Using Neutrick to me is a bonus. 8o
    2) An interactive/legible character display.
    3) Ample and intelligent spacing between stomp buttons for changes.

*** Note to self: Need to find out more about that looper function. :rolleyes:

I think it's great that only the expression connections were included minus the pedals. It's preserves the option without the constraint of being tied to a particular product.
    i.e. Some will still favor the feel of their Dunlop, Mission, Ernie Ball etc. pedals and I think it's great Kemper chose not to interfere with that.

Without even having one yet, I have no question with the Kemper Remote being robust enough for road use.

Having been though several different pedal approaches all of which were either way too big/heavy to lug around or fell short with 7 or 5 pin midi connections. The other shortfall having a reasonable display alternative.

All in all, a well thought out and balanced design IMO.

• Looking at the pedal again and I can't find anything wrong with it. Size is right, spacing between switches is too...good display and on the backside expansion for the expression pedals....Program 1-5, slots A-D, tap tempo, looper function and bank up/down....that's all what is needed....plus it fits perfectly onto a pedal board or in a small bag or even suitcase for the road....the 1010 was huge and clumsy... If the price point is right, this will be a knock out of the park for Kemper!

• High definition pictures of the remote are available for download as part of a presspack on the kemper website.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• Makes me wonder if Kemper will eventually make a Neutrik for the back of the Kemper.

Can one be custom added to the KPA? I can see pulling that wire and the RJ45, being plastic, is NOT going to like it.