Sweetwater WILL NOT carry Remote: Per CK

• Gstring, I sent another email using the link above. Lets hope my 4th attempt works. Thanks for your help. Still frustrated Paul

paul, check you emails. if you don't find anything, check your spam box. we've sent you a reply (and we sent replies before to you).
    gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Am I the only one who finds this strange?

You can only get the KPR directly from Kemper not retail stores.
    You can only get an AXE or MFC directly from Fractal not retail stores.

How can AXE owners then claim to be are angry/frustrated/disappointed by this when it's the same.. exact.. thing?!?

• To be clear, I have ordered my Remote from the Kemper On-line store. I do however understand why some US customers, would prefer to make their purchase from Sweetwater, or another local retailer.

Although the overall price would be exactly the same, if the buyer qualifies, Sweetwater offers to split that $599 over 3 months, with no interest charged. That can make a difference to a guitarist on a tight budget. Other US retailers offer even better 0 interest financing.

Before I purchased my first Kemper I did my due diligence, and researched both the Axe FX and the Kemper, and found they were both excellent units, and both had excellent reviews from real users. Either one would have been a good choice. In the end, the tipping point was that I could purchase the Kemper from a reputable retailer who offered to split the payments over 8 months at $225.00 per month.
    The Axe FX was only available from Fractal direct, with no financing option.

That option did make the difference in my original purchase. When I decided to purchase a second unit, I didn't consider the Axe FX, as I was totally sold on the quality of the Kemper, the ease of use, and setup, and the Kemper community.

So, I can see how an initial outlay of $200.00 could be the deciding factor for many guitarists in choosing the Kemper Remote over a Different unit.

I Am eagerly awaiting the email confirming shipment of Early Bird units

• As the owner of both systems, I can tell you the G3 technology available in the Axe FX FW 18 Beta is sonically amazing! When this FC / Sweetwater snafu gets annoying, I just power up the Ax FX 2 XL and all is well with the world ; ) A while later I will boot up the Kemper with a Michael Britt Marshall profile and the goodness continues. ; )

Thanks for the info brother! Don't get me wrong, I like the kemper though. I have no problem with the tones and I actually do like it. I was just a little pissed off when the news was posted.

For those who are saying the price is the same. WTH lightbox. You need a lesson on math bro. VAT charges on top of shipping and $599? Are you kidding me? I don't want to pay some crappy European fee. I want to buy things in the US. I can see how some would want financing too. I personally never use financing. My philosophy is if I can't afford it, I probably shouldn't be purchasing it, but to each their own. It's not about keeping prices low for the consumer. It's about the bottom line. I can't blame Kemper for that, but I do have a problem with them not allowing Sweetwater, Musicians Friend etc. from selling the controller.

I just don't get it.

• For those who are saying the price is the same. WTH lightbox. You need a lesson on math bro. VAT charges on top of shipping and $599? Are you kidding me? I don't want to pay some crappy European fee.

Not sure where you are getting your info, but it is $599 to US customers. $0 vat and $0 shipping.

• I don't want to pay some crappy European fee.

As you can see in the post above mine, you won't pay VAT, and frankly there is no reason for that kind of attitude.

If I'm not mistaken, the Axe FX is a lot more expensive here in Europe than it is in America. That's what you get when things have to be shipped and imported across the ocean. With the Kemper and the Remote it's simply the other way around, and honestly the price difference is not that dramatic.

• I'm a big USA supporter. Active military member and I try to purchase most things from the USA. No disrespect to Euorpeans. I just didn't want to pay an extra fee that IMHO is bogus.

It says VAT fees apply on the website the last time I checked. Apparently I was mistaken. I have no problem with it then. I'll be purchasing one when they become available. Free shipping is even better. Will there always be free shipping?

• dmbandtimmy wrote:I don't want to pay some crappy European fee.
    ignorance and arrogance...not a good mix.

2005 gibson lp standard faded/frankenstein tele->kemper->adam a3x/LD systems mon 121

• before i wake up in a couple of hours and read a lot of off-topic posts, can we stop this right here! discuss sweetwater, prices, Ax and all that - if you must. but keep in mind the original post, everything else is off-topic. and do not track sideways and go start flaming.

no VAT applies for countries outside the european union. import tax might apply though. we dispatch to the US from the US. so, there are no additional charges. in fact, we really try to make our products as inexpensive as possible for everybody. if you are unsure about details, please ask our sales team.

gs

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• FYI: I ordered a Profiler Remote at the USA Kemper Online Store for $599.00 and ZERO shipping costs and paid via PayPal and chose PayPal Credit for the funding option and got 6 months no payments / no interest!

• FYI: I ordered a Profiler Remote at the USA Kemper Online Store for $599.00 and ZERO shipping costs and paid via PayPal and chose PayPal Credit for the funding option and got 6 months no payments / no interest!

Were you part of the early bird deal? If I ordered one today, would I not get it until the summer?

• Were you part of the early bird deal? If I ordered one today, would I not get it until the summer?

Yes, I signed up for the early bird deal. But then, after seeing Sweetwater advertise the Remotes in pictures with Profilers as a combo deal, I figured they would eventually sell just the remote and I would order from them once Kemper got caught up on back orders. Somehow, I completely missed that they advertised the Remote by itself. So after reading this thread that Sweetwater won't be selling them separately, I went back through my emails and found a second email regarding early bird and it stated, "please note that we will close the prioritized order for "early birds" like you on Friday, 06-March-2015", so I ordered mine today. I am in the same boat as everyone else. I have no idea when they will ship and will have to wait my turn. But, hopefully I will get one in a couple of months and still have at least 4 months no interest / no payments. :)

• See Lightbox... Import tax! I was right!

You better learn to read as well. Import tax MIGHT apply (depends on the country you're ordering from). But right in the next sentence you get a VERY clear statement from G String:

we dispatch to the US from the US. so, there are no additional charges

So it's up to you how a german engineered, german built, german sold product can get more "american" by being sold by a 3rd party at the very same price with the same non-existing additional charges.

PS: On a side note ... Import taxes are applied by the laws of the country the product is imported to. You can't blame Europe or any other country for this. If you feel it's bogus, then blame your own system in the US: ;)

• Yeah, about that... how is that exactly possible? Is there some sort of Germany - US of A trade agreement that stipulates 0% taxation in all US states?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.