Sweetwater WILL NOT carry Remote: Per CK

• I believe what G-string was implying, was " no additional charges" to the end-user, or retail purchaser. They are shipping from Kemper USA store, to Kemper on- line USA customer, free shipping included.

The USA Customs charges import fees to the Kemper USA store, which they are not adding to the Retail price.

Luckily, these will be arriving on USA East Coast Terminals, ( I assume, hope), as their is a "slow down/walk off" type issue on West Coast docks, delaying products from Asia getting to Samsung, Sony, Roland, Korg, distributers.

Another interesting issue would be actual Sales tax. I live in Virginia, and they don't require On-Line retailers to collect Retail Sales Tax, but some states do, and a few more started in January 2015. Again, this would also be required of ANY other On-Line retailer, if your State requires it.

• Whenever I get something from the States, my local customs office has their way with me in most painful ways where there's import duties and local VAT and whatnot to be paid. Hence the exorbitant prices for all US guitar gear in EU.

Far be it from me to question the way US customs office does things but it just sounds strange to me that no import taxation takes place when a huge pile of expensive technology comes through their door from overseas? :D

I'm not trying to troll here, genuinely interested... what about the difference in various local sales taxes?

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• it just sounds strange to me that no import taxation takes place

The import tax is paid by the importer which in this case is the Kemper US store. They cover the import tax, they cover the VAT stuff (if applicable) and they cover the shipping cost.

I know that in the US it's a real mess sometimes to deal with all kinds of additional costs not included in a price quote. But in THIS specific case it's as simple as it gets. You pay exactly what is quoted. US$ 599 and it will get right to your door. Isn't that crazy simple? Kemper did everything to make the pricing as transparent and simple to understand as possible. They even run a US store to prevent you from all this hassle. They provide service centers to deal with warranty (or repair) issues without trans-atlantic shipping and all.

Again ... what's the point? What else are you asking for, guys? Or is it just confusing to you that it's so simple?

• The import tax is paid by the importer which in this case is the Kemper US store. They cover the import tax, they cover the VAT stuff (if applicable) and they cover the shipping cost.

Alright, that makes perfect sense. Someone had to pay something along the way. Thanks!

Again ... what's the point? What else are you asking for, guys? Or is it just confusing to you that it's so simple?

You might be reading too much into my questions. I'm simply having a slow day at work and was just wondering whether Kemper is eating up all the cost of forwarding the KFC across the pond. No hidden agenda here, just making smalltalk. :D

I'm just trying to be as truthful to my experience and personal opinion that I'm clearly presenting only as a personal opinion no more no less in an honest and truthful discussion about equipment.

• 1) State Sales Tax is state specific concerning online sales.
    2) Some states force certain retailers to charge this up front (i.e. GC and Amazon in NC)
    3) Some don't charge online and your state requires YOU to file and pay such taxes personally.
    4) VAT doesn't apply to the US since the sale and distribution is through the Kemper USA store
    5) Some states, like NC, allow you to get reimbursed for taxes paid on products bought elsewhere. Ie, if I buy a jacket from NY and pay 7% sales tax on it, I can claim that off my NC state taxes, but I'm also supposed to pay NC state sales tax on online items that didn't charge me state sales tax. This can be audited up to multiple years and is a risk if you don't do it. Again, state dependent.
    6) ALL online sales in the US would be treated in the same way for your state
    7) The "Buy American" is a grey area. Many companies manufacture their parts stuff in Asia, Mexico, India, etc and the rules on what can be called "Made in America" are often bogus if you ask me.
    8).Remember that a transaction to another country's business made in American dollars forces that country to own American dollars which they can sell at a loss to get them turned into their own currency or else keep those dollars and then they are now a part of the American Economy. Dollars to an American company can be tied it up in investments and not be placed in action to multiple transactions and hence actually hurt the American economy. So you can't know which one is beneficial or hurtful on the face of the object you are buying.

Bottom line: The price you see is the price you get. Your state will tell you what you own and will apply equally to all online products. And buying American isn't always good for America, nor is buying foreign in any way different. It depends where those dollars go, and how often they are turned over by transactions that creates an economy that is robust or bust.

• I think he is referring to import duties and taxes. In any case, that is to be expected from when we order anything whether it be international or U.S.

No worries. It has to happen.

• For all those unhappy US customers (and trying to look on the bright side rather than start an argument) when you shop in the EU you also get pretty good consumer protection rights. I don't believe the US has an equivalent. Kemper appear to have a great warranty anyway. And I know many US stores probably have good policies to back that up. But when you have extra statutory (legal) rights baked into law (that in theory give you up to 6 years for any inherent defects) when buying within the EU that is pretty comforting.

• Yeah buying American any more is a very "gray" area for sure.
    (Just as the word grey and gray. You did not use the American spelling. You used the more British used spelling. :D Although the internets says either is ok. ). See, even our language isn't "American" any more. Just kidding, I am not the grammar police

I always search out products of quality manufacture. We still have some but not like we used to. Corporate America claims they feed us all of this Chinese made garbage because we want everything so cheap.
    I want to know who is we? Not me, thats for sure. They do it to line their pockets more. Although unions here in the U.S have destroyed a lot of our manufacturing. Kinda get tired of seeing the word China on EVERYTHING.
    Nothing against the Chinese people of course. They are just trying to make a living too. Don't have much compassion for the ones that steal other companies product designs though.

I recently looked around my house and took note on what products were manufactured where.
    I was a bit surprised by how many were German.
    Anything I have that is of true quality is American or German. Some South Korean too.

I guess some here feel that when a product reaches the U.S. it becomes "Americanized" or something. 8|

I will try to buy American first but if we don,t manufacture a particular quality product I have no problem giving my money to the deserving company regardless who they are.
    If we do manufacture a product and it is not of a good quality, I will not buy American, just because it is.

Amazon started collecting taxes here in Maryland recently. Always have their stretched out hand wanting what they feel is theirs so they can just keep it, waste it, or just give it to the welfare class. Some are in need or deserving but most are not.

• I'm more of a "buy local" if I have a preference. That means craft gifts, foods, services. I'd rather go to a mom and pop burger joint than Wendy's is my point. Local companies pay their people better.

When it comes to products, I choose quality as well, as much as it fits in with my needs. I don't have anything against Chinese made, since iPhones are Chinese made and quality. China can make quality items when they are engineered and inspected to be so. It's the company's fault, not the place of manufacture.

I'd prefer in spirit a foreign company making a car for America with American labor than an American car company making a car with foreign labor and calling it American because of hard lobbying changing the definitions. But in the end, I buy a car that is quality regardless. I have an Acura TSX and Hyundai Sonata and like their reliability better than the gift car my brother gave my daughter, a Chevy Trailblazer that likes to break down every time it sees a driver!

BTW, love etymology talk. Colour vs Color. An apron vs a napron, etc. I first got into lay etymology from Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue. It's probably riddled with errors, but it's still an entertaining read.

• I think he is referring to import duties and taxes. In any case, that is to be expected from when we order anything whether it be international or U.S.

No worries. It has to happen.

The tax rate for the average American is over 43% (federal, state, sales, social security, medicare, property, luxury, fuel, etc) and yet on top of that I pay about another $14,000 out-of-pocket per year on health care related costs (insurance, flex, co-pays, drugs) for a family of 3 which is about 25% of my after tax income. Need I say: OUCH

I would drop to my knees and praise jesus if America had to pay Canadian imports and taxes and yet I didn't have to worry if I could afford an operation next year.

If anyone wants to sponsor my Canadian citizenship and has an affordable cottage on Elizabeth Island, please feel free to contact me, lol!

• Yes I will stick to home for my food.
    As much as I appreciate German engineering............

Burger in a can...........thats a big can of nope!

• The tax rate for the average American is over 43% (federal, state, sales, social security, medicare, property, luxury, fuel, etc) and yet on top of that I pay about another $14,000 out-of-pocket per year on health care related costs (insurance, flex, co-pays, drugs) for a family of 3 which is about 25% of my after tax income. Need I say: OUCH

I would drop to my knees and praise jesus if America had to pay Canadian imports and taxes and yet I didn't have to worry if I could afford an operation next year.

If anyone wants to sponsor my Canadian citizenship and has an affordable cottage on Elizabeth Island, please feel free to contact me, lol!

I was always under the impression the US system was based on 'low taxes, low welfare'. The picture you are painting is 'high tax, low welfare'. Which surprises me.

• The tax rate for the average American is over 43% (federal, state, sales, social security, medicare, property, luxury, fuel, etc) and yet on top of that I pay about another $14,000 out-of-pocket per year on health care related costs (insurance, flex, co-pays, drugs) for a family of 3 which is about 25% of my after tax income. Need I say: OUCH

I'll hook you up, Bro!

:thumbup:

• No unfortunately the US right now is high tax and very high welfare. it makes me sick

Ok, back on topic, if I purchase today are funds taken from my account immediately? So I will be charged and I will not receive the controller until June or latter? I'm just trying to decide if I should wait to place an order

• No unfortunately the US right now is high tax and very high welfare. it makes me sick

Ok, back on topic, if I purchase today are funds taken from my account immediately? So I will be charged and I will not receive the controller until June or latter? I'm just trying to decide if I should wait to place an order

no only when you use paypal,
    with credit card or bank wire
    you pay when your remote is ready to ship