Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor Software for your computer

• Pretty sure that an editor wouldn't convince me to move to the Axe FX or Helix. Seriously, fuck that school of thought.

If the "market evidence" suggests that there are hordes of people selling the Kemper due to the lack of an editor, I'm sure the company will look into it more seriously than if some users state on a forum that they will look for another device if the company does not give them what they want.

No one is denying that an editor would be good. But the way the issue is being played up in this thread is ridiculous.

It'll come when it comes, if it comes, and if it doesn't too bad (aka sell your Kemper).

• Why "fuck that school of thought?" The whole point of Kemper is that school of thought. It's your amp in a better interface. If you don't care about the interface, forget Kemper, go back to amps only XD

Anyway, all people are saying is we'd like to see an editor. I don't see anyone "playing it up" in recent few pages at least. Sorry bud, you contribute a lot and I appreciate you, but not sure why you're so worked up.

If it doesn't come, too bad indeed. But if it comes at all because the users make it known they'd like one, I think voicing it is positive. We are in fact a part of the "market evidence."

• While there are situations where an editor would be nice I'm not so sure I would use it much. My focus is live performance and it is essential for me to properly master the equipment that I use. No matter how prepared one can be there is often elements of improvisation on a stage. There is little room for hesitation when unforeseen things happen. I need all the handling practise I get from tweaking the front-panel knobs at home.

Recording OTOH is a different story. Here it would be really nice to have an editor that could run as a DAW-plugin and would store profiles/presets alongside the tracks. Maybe even have the KPA as a plugin to be able to record and/or re-amp tracks without Kemper hardware.

• I doubt many are moving to other units because of an editor. While handy, its not a total deal breaker. There are various reasons I don't like the Axe and China made Helix I have no interest in. For me Kemper has everything I need PLUS ease of use, small form factor, etc... When I talk about the need for a PC editor, I am talking ICING ON THE CAKE!

I have no doubt the guys at Kemper have more good things. Its just like keyboard software/hardware, always new sounds and features, that's what keeps it fun. If they come out with a Kemper 2, I am already building up $$$ for it, haha... Always good to be ready. ;)

• Yes it would be nice to have an editor but when did The Cure ever 'hold a bend in tune...' ? I'm still a bedroom musician and I've got a Grammy nomination and 2 American
    no 1 singles to my name. Its like Greg Lake sung.'.Hallelujah Noel be it Heaven or Hell' the Christmas we get we deserve. Stop complaining and get on with playing the guitar.

• My 2 Cent:

Most audio people sit in front of their computers, with just a mouse and a keyboard and *editors* on the screen and feel lost and handicapped, after a while. So they begin to buy MIDI-Controllers with real knobs, faders, buttons, pads, keys, what not... . and they start to feel better again. More productive and faster. This might not be true for people who never were behind a real mixing desk or other ergonomically advanced hardware. But the elder guys might get my point - its just more productive and precise.

So my dream would be a Kemper editor for my computer and a dedicated Kemper MIDI hardware with knobs and switches hopefully with just the exact same layout as the real Kemper and labelled just the same. :D

Yeah, I know, I am bad and arrogant. Once in a while - behind the RM on my notebook - I would also like to be able to tweak Kemper parameters without laying the mouse aside and reaching the real thing... But literally anything else in our feature wishlist seems more important to me than that.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Yes it would be nice to have an editor but when did The Cure ever 'hold a bend in tune...' ? I'm still a bedroom musician and I've got a Grammy nomination and 2 American
    no 1 singles to my name. Its like Greg Lake sung.'.Hallelujah Noel be it Heaven or Hell' the Christmas we get we deserve. Stop complaining and get on with playing the guitar.

You think The Cure need Kemper editor?:) Are they ever still around? Not sure anyone in that band could play guitar but I really dug some of the songs, btw

Right, damn it they are still around, pretty cool. There is a guitar in the band, sounds good, I think the guitarist can bend notes just fine.

The Beatles also decided they were better off being bedroom musicians after the touring stopped working for them. Personally, I do my best work in the bedroom, uhh, musically speaking. ;) When Sir Macca Paul Walrus demands an editor, then I too will grab my flaming torch! Until then, I'll wave my lighter (uhh, I mean smart phone flashlight app) in solidarity.

Damn, I can't keep up with these kids. I just burned myself trying to vape my Marlboro red.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I agree 100%. I'd much rather have a bank of 12 knobs and screens. By default, it would have my favorite go-to parameters. But when editing an effect, all the effect's parameters would show up while editing.

I hate emojis, but I hate being misunderstood more. :)

• I'd like an editor and I think that, as the Kemper gets ever more full of cool features with endless parameter pages, it would do many people a big favour to have one. I remember being told 'you don't need a librarian' by some forum folks before Rig Manager came out. I haven't yet seen anyone wanting to give that software back as, once you have it, it makes the old method of putting rigs on a USB and pressing panel buttons seem a little clunky!

No, I'm not threatening to leave because I don't have an editor. If I made a tick-box list where there are 'reasons to keep my Kemper' on the left and 'reasons to sell it' on the right, there would be 100 times more ticks in the left column so I'm going nowhere personally :)

With that said, people who are researching before buying a Kemper might find it weird that there is no editor available. Would any of them find this enough of a negative to go elsewhere? Who knows? If they're coming from amps to Kemper, I don't think so. If they're coming from pretty much any other digital device, they will be putting a tick in the 'naughty' box. Some of the other products out there are very hard to use *without* an editor so maybe that would be enough to put some prospective buyers off and the arguments that the Kemper is easy enough to use without an editor are actually getting weaker with successive features being loaded in. Some of the new delays, whilst wonderful, have a level of complexity that would welcome a screen on the PC.

It'd also be really nice to have the ability to store FX chains in the same way as you can with a DAW and upload those. It'd be like 'rig exchange' except 'fx exchange'. You can see from the popularity of Frank's delay thread and Monkey Man's wah thread that there is a hunger to drive the effects to their best and, because there are soooooo many parameters, it'd be great to have entire chains :)

• It'd also be really nice to have the ability to store FX chains in the same way as you can with a DAW and upload those. It'd be like 'rig exchange' except 'fx exchange'. You can see from the popularity of Frank's delay thread and Monkey Man's wah thread that there is a hunger to drive the effects to their best and, because there are soooooo many parameters, it'd be great to have entire chains

This is very true. I would like to see stuff like that (all presets!) in the RM, though.

Ne travaillez jamais.

• Hi folks, I'm completly off topic here, but I can't help telling my feeling :

each time I see this thread coming back , I hear this sentence in my head but with Jimi Hendrix's All along the watchtower music & first sentence , it fits perfectly

here is what's coming back to me like a mantra , I can't get rid of it ;)

Can we please get some kind of Kemper Editor
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief

instead of :

There must be some kind of way outta here
    Said the joker to the thief
    There's too much confusion
    I can't get no relief

it's driving me nuts , and I've not started to drink the Xmas boozes !!!

• I guess I am not the only one who likes the "two-face" capabilities of the Profiler."Plug & rock" is very easy to achieve as well as endless tweaking.On the one side you will always be able to handle it like an normal amp (well..more or less) which is a great thing for live-gigs and jams.This is something most guys who say that "an editor is a must" should think about very seriously.Allthough I am not one of those guys who us "politically correct" I am also someone who tries to respect every view..also the one of the "bedroom-tweakers".In the very first days of my membership in this blog I also went a little bit man at the "nerds" who told me about how important and "high priority-even more important than the amp sounds-the UI and an editor is.About the "future" and the "way to go"..but there are still a lot of players out there who gig a lot,even many guys who make some money with music and dont care as much about "the future" as they do about a great tube-like sound and immidiatly after that reliability (with no "bugs") on the stage and in the studio..Actually I am one of the latter guys.But..The Profiler took a lot of my tube-amp-fanatism and led me to think honestly about the possibility that the digital way is not anymore a bad way.

What do I want to say; :rolleyes:

We have all to respect that there are different views on the way one can make music with his guitar.Name calling and heated discussion like "caveman" on the one side and "nerds" on the other is actually the most antiquated thing right now.

The Profiler makes a great offer to every guitar player I know.It is the same great for old rockers as it is great for bedroom-tweaking-nerds who just began to discover new horizons in the music universe..all good.. ;)

ps

@Zapman

Dude..how can a man achieve that his wife treats him after years still like a rockstar;You must be superman!From starting to treat me like a rockstar till to kick my ass out of the next door most women I met did not even needed more than 24h.. :D:D

• With that said, people who are researching before buying a Kemper might find it weird that there is no editor available. Would any of them find this enough of a negative to go elsewhere? Who knows? If they're coming from amps to Kemper, I don't think so. If they're coming from pretty much any other digital device, they will be putting a tick in the 'naughty' box. Some of the other products out there are very hard to use *without* an editor so maybe that would be enough to put some prospective buyers off and the arguments that the Kemper is easy enough to use without an editor are actually getting weaker with successive features being loaded in. Some of the new delays, whilst wonderful, have a level of complexity that would welcome a screen on the PC.

A big component of my point. And despite the butthurt chorus fuming at my suggestion that I might consider another avenue without the convenience of an editor, I have also complimented (multiple times) the really great front panel design. My last post about organizing performances is a part of it, as well. Changing the profile deletes all the effect presets in the rig, forcing me to scroll through all that stuff again. I hate tweaking an effect knowing that if I find a profile that works better, I'll need to redo all that tweaking again. While I understand the rationale of why it works that way, an editor would save a boat load of time being able to switch things around in your presets. Perhaps even save effect presets and take a second to insert them in a stomp?

• Interesting, but can this be backed up better? In my job (medical doctor) I have long learned to not trust simple abstracts.

• ...Changing the profile deletes all the effect presets in the rig, forcing me to scroll through all that stuff again. I hate tweaking an effect knowing that if I find a profile that works better, I'll need to redo all that tweaking again...

I just want to point out that you can use "lock" feature to lock any module/effect or bunch of effects chains which allows you to change the profile and maintain the other effects unchanged. almost any button that you press to edit, you can click the lock button to lock. For instance you can lock the cab and scroll through different amps to see how they sound with that cab.

The KPA definitely has a brilliant user interface (but and editor would be good)

• I like the train of thought that Kemper is designed not to need an editor.

I agree that if you come from a tube amp, the Kemper feels right and the controls are immediately familiar.

If you come from another digital solution, typically, these have been laden with a zillion parameters in a zillion menus. You could tweak all day long on a single patch and not find "that sound" you were looking for in many cases.

As the Kemper becomes more advanced in its features, the value of an editor increases.

I don't think there is any reason to be upset that there is no editor for Kemper. It is a nice wish that may be provided at some time in the future. We should leave it at that. It's Christmas time guys.... time to be a little more understanding ..... give a little more and take a little less.

Now .... Im going to jam out for a couple hours on my crippled Kemper (crippled because it has no editor ;) ). It will be very difficult to enjoy my jam without an editor, but I will simply have to cope I guess!

• Interesting, but can this be backed up better? In my job (medical doctor) I have long learned to not trust simple abstracts.

The best way I can think of is If Kemper conducts surveys of current owners/users just like line 6. This forum is a good source for market research.

• If you're a gigging musician, used to using tube amps or love to get hands on with knobs, an editor may not be needed or very useful. However, if you're like me and sit at a computer when recording and editing, it's extremely useful. I literally have to lean out of my chair to reach the Kemper's knobs. Why? Because I have an 88-key Kurzweil K2600 sitting on the desk in front of me and a Mackie Big Knob within arms reach to my left. There's nowhere else that's feasible to put the Kemper and Axe FX except behind the Mackie Big Knob. In fact, I rarely touch the physical buttons and knobs on the Axe FX thanks to Axe-Edit. The ability to edit parameters for all of my hardware in one place while recording and editing is ideal and totally convenient. Having to lean out of my chair every time a small parameter adjustment is needed is physically uncomfortable and interrupts workflow.

• I would love to have an editing program, but it really needs to be a "proper working" editor or don't bother. Don't tease me with some promising software that doesn't deliver.

I have 2 words for you...Vyzor editor!

I had a G system and that software, while looking nice, was awful to work with. I would, edit, save load, and then repair all the messed up settings that changed for some unknown reason. What made it worse is I would keep going back and try it again and again thinking I must have accidentally done it myself. I can't live like that again :S .