The NAMM plot thickens.............

• Nice, but for me not interesting for a normal live Performance.

Quite the contrary Sharry imho.

I play mostly live, so the ability to go from a verse or intro sound (heel) to custom solo sound (toe) and back for a bridge perhaps (mid position) then back to verse again all using ONE preset, and all using the same rig is da bomb!! I think it'll reduce the number of performance slots of mine by perhaps 1/2. Can't wait to find out. But I think it is a perfectly brilliant solution and perfect for live performances. Many kuddos to Kemper for this feature.

Gary ô¿ô

• Quite the contrary Sharry imho.

No problem - we remain beeing friends ;) And I will not send my KPA for retire.
    It really depends on, what music you play.
    For me a good reverb and delay had more priority. I am afraid, cause of this morphing needs a lot of DSP power which maybe can not used for a new delay/reverb.

For me this is a effect you should not use to much, otherwise it loose the effect for the audience. But a delay I use almost for every song.
    But anyway it costs me no money :D

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Quite the contrary Sharry imho.

I play mostly live, so the ability to go from a verse or intro sound (heel) to custom solo sound (toe) and back for a bridge perhaps (mid position) then back to verse again all using ONE preset, and all using the same rig is da bomb!! I think it'll reduce the number of performance slots of mine by perhaps 1/2. Can't wait to find out. But I think it is a perfectly brilliant solution and perfect for live performances. Many kuddos to Kemper for this feature.

Are you sure you want to have these sounds based off of the same profiles?

• No problem - we remain beeing friends ;) And I will not send my KPA for retire.
    It really depends on, what music you play.
    For me a good reverb and delay had more priority. I am afraid, cause of this morphing needs a lot of DSP power which maybe can not used for a new delay/reverb.

For me this is a effect you should not use to much, otherwise it loose the effect for the audience. But a delay I use almost for every song.
    But anyway it costs me no money :D

I don't think that it needs a lot of DSP ... This is the same rig (not mixing 2 different rigs). It is almost the same than changing manually the parameters with a lot of hands :) It is almost free from a dsp point of view (just a linear interpolation between 2 values according to the position of the pedal )

• don't think that it needs a lot of DSP ... This is the same rig (not mixing 2 different rigs). It is almost the same than changing manually the parameters with a lot of hands It is almost free from a dsp point of view (just a linear interpolation between 2 values according to the position of the pedal )

Well one positive aspect ;)

Will have to go now for rehearsal. I will see whats going on in this matter in the evening

• Are you sure you want to have these sounds based off of the same profiles?

Not all the time, no of course not. That's why I said I'd perhaps cut 1/2 of my need for performance slots, not all. But for plenty of songs that will work very nicely.

Gary ô¿ô

• This morphing concept was/is possible on the Mesa Boogie Triaxis, using real time midi controllers assigned to multiple parameters simultaneously. I used it very effectively in live performances to be able to fine tune tone as needed..i.e. roll on some fatness as needed for the mix, move back and forth across edge tones from clean to mean....volume, reverb depth was especially cool for blues bands...etc...imaging being able to roll on delays from totally dry to as wet as you need for a phrase or passage... the point is not any one of those, but the ability to do multiple parameters simultaneously. if anything this is more useful or I should say harder to achieve live than when recording where you can always go back and make tweaks as needed for the recording. Live baby...very useful...it can essentially allow you to cut down on the total number of slots needed per performance...very cool.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are"

• Hmmmm, I wonder if this morphing could be used for continuous switching between high and low speed on the vibe effect. It would give more of a Hammond B3 organ sound to the vibe.