FW 4.0 beta experiences thread.

• Up to now, with the old delays ( now consolidated into the legacy delay) there's no reverse delay.

GAH!! My first complaint about my Kemper!! I'm totally crushed and disillusioned!!! :D Well . . looks like its back to the 'ol POD HD for me . . . . . NOT!!!

Tho you would think that by now we would have one for that Beatlesque or Hendrix vibe some of us love to do.

There are worse things in life to suffer with. :whistling:

• Anyone using the morph functions successfully want to start a thread in the tips and tricks section showing settings and a clip? Could be a great thread - personally I'm not a tweaker so haven't started one, but I know there are lots of people out there who are;)

• Next 2 bugs reported: bubble tuner freezes. Strobo tuner is ther, but only in the kpa. Remote and strobo is not working.

Next one: switched to another rig with the browser knob. Display freezes. After two minutes the display changes to "Kemper Profiler" and freezes again. Switch off and on after the appearing bug and the kpa works again.

3 bugs in 2 days solved with switching off and on.

• GAH!! My first complaint about my Kemper!! I'm totally crushed and disillusioned!!! :D Well . . looks like its back to the 'ol POD HD for me . . . . . NOT!!!

Tho you would think that by now we would have one for that Beatlesque or Hendrix vibe some of us love to do.

There are worse things in life to suffer with. :whistling:

Suffering from this would effectively be a very bad track for a happy life indeed! :)

Please permit me to be your meditation guru for a couple of seconds:

''Just be gratefull for the new features you've got and abundance of new reverbs and delays will be given to you very soon! ;)''

• I tried it and so far so good. Stomps sound much better! which brings me to critical point for morphing to be more effective.
    Since you can morph only continuous control parameters and not "on or off state", you really can't morph between a rat and Metal distortion because they're not parallel. When you lower the level of one, it's still in the signal weekening the signal that's it's really unusable in that regard.

Placing effects in Parallel in my opinion is a must. Same goes to modulation, Let's say you want to morph between Phaser and chorus since they're not parallel, lowerinng the level of one while increasing the level for the other doesn't remove one from the signal chain, You might think that it's doesn't make a lot of difference but it does. The whole thing is really good and usable but without Parallel paths (for effects only), much more tweaking is required to get what should be basic.

• I tried it and so far so good. Stomps sound much better! which brings me to critical point for morphing to be more effective.
    Since you can morph only continuous control parameters and not "on or off state", you really can't morph between a rat and Metal distortion because they're not parallel. When you lower the level of one, it's still in the signal weekening the signal that's it's really unusable in that regard.

Placing effects in Parallel in my opinion is a must. Same goes to modulation, Let's say you want to morph between Phaser and chorus since they're not parallel, lowerinng the level of one while increasing the level for the other doesn't remove one from the signal chain, You might think that it's doesn't make a lot of difference but it does. The whole thing is really good and usable but without Parallel paths (for effects only), much more tweaking is required to get what should be basic.

How do you like new delays?

• you really can't morph between a rat and Metal distortion because they're not parallel. When you lower the level of one, it's still in the signal weekening the signal that's it's really unusable in that regard.

What if in morph state 1 the rat had a mix of 100% and the metal distortion 0%, in morph state 2 vice versa?

• Hi all,
    this evening i had the first gig with 4.0.1. I'm very happy. The new possibility in using the delay is awesome. This improve my sound dramatically and i like morphing too. In some rig it open new expression possibility.
    Thank you Kemper, i'm grateful for your work!

• What if in morph state 1 the rat had a mix of 100% and the metal distortion 0%, in morph state 2 vice versa?

I'ts absolutely not the same as turning one off and the other on or vice versa! that's what I was hoping for!! I hope it's a bug but my guess it's not.

What happens is because one is preceding the other in a linear signal path, the one with the lower mix will still be in signal path and the sound will be very weak and not even distorted. To confirm this, if you turn the one with the low mix off, the sound is the way it should be, distorted and full.

• What if in morph state 1 the rat had a mix of 100% and the metal distortion 0%, in morph state 2 vice versa?

iVE DONE THIS WITH TWO DELAYS AND IT WORKED GREAT. With distortions rise and fall time could play more of a role as you could get some mix of the two potentially

• There is a parallel path option in system menu

that parallel path is intended for bass players, the first two stomps can be in that parallel path but are for the dry signal only. they don't feed into the amp signal. If you place a distortion in that parallel path, you will get the raw distortion without the amp Profile.