Gate...with gate set on zero?

• Even with the gate set on zero...theres still an audible gate in the chain.
    Can i turn it off/ edit it anywhere?

I can tell its there because when i ring a very soft note, with guitar volume down i can hear noise increase.
    Its on every profile.

• Even with the gate set on zero...theres still an audible gate in the chain.
    Can i turn it off/ edit it anywhere?

I can tell its there because when i ring a very soft note, with guitar volume down i can hear noise increase.
    Its on every profile.

There may be additional noise gate issues here, but keep in mind that this is natural even when plugging straight into a tube amp. As the signal from the guitar decreases, the natural noise from everything else (your cable, amp, outlets, etc.) will sound as if it's getting louder, when in reality, it's been there the whole time and is just appearing to get louder as your guitar signal gets weaker.

• Im 100% its a gate...not noise seeming to get louder cause of a tone fading.
    The "extra noise" is there as soon as i pluck a note.

Try a gainy profile, put your volume knob at 25%, and do a soft pick.
    I can even hear it in the attack of the note that a gate is opened, very subtile...but its there.

I monitor on genelec monitors and senheiser headphone.

Both from running through my soundcard form KPA main out.
    Saying that, in theory it could be in my soundcard...but ill eat my shoe if thats the case :)

• Global noise gate?
    I know of only one....The one that is under the gate knob.
    Where do i find the global noisegate menu?

Its defenitely not natural tube compression...100% sure it sounds and behaves like a gate.

• first, make sure the noise gate in the INPUT section (the control above the GAIN) is turned to zero.
    then monitor directly from he Profiler.

I tried your example and there is nothing happening there, unless you have a little bit of the INPUT noise gate activated, which probably is locked and therefore occurring globally.

• I tried with headphones directly, gate on zero, still there.

I found out that the phenomona is not there with all profiles.
    So it seems that its "baked" in the profile, almost like the profile also copied noise of the profiled amp, which doesnt seem that unlogical to me.

I didnt find a stock profile that has it, maybe if anyone has Bert meulendijks profiles, thae ada amp, profile "BM A mp1 dist" has it very distinct.

Can anyone try this? Volume knob below 50%, soft pick, should be there, unmistakingly amp noise besides the ringing note.

• That rig has a 2:1 gate in stomp a! Press stomp a and see if that cures your issue (and brings back the noise ;) ) HTH