Vocal + guitar cover - Find your own voice (Stratovarius)

• So the story behind this was...
    I did a really good take, but forgot to push the goddamn "rec" button on my camera.
    Then tried again and had trouble with high notes and also got the sudden brilliant idea to pick up guitar.
    My plan was to record guitar separately but I figured I have more important things to do today.

The result is a crappy video filled with shitty memes. Oh well. ||

To make up for this mess I'm gonna rest my voice a couple of days and then return with another vocal cover that will be much better. :thumbup:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's all the range you need for me to enjoy this talent
    Kick ass Always entertaining Ceddy

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• OMG, it really exists someone who can sing this song? Much respect!
    Anyway, too much reverb/delay on voice IMHO :)
    Next one will be Papillon?

Dont know what song that is, haha. Actually, I'm not a super big Stratovarius fan. I like a few songs and I LOVE Jörg Michaels drumming (but prefer him in Running Wild and Grave Digger :D )

I have some other vocal covers coming up tho. Subscribe to my channel to make sure you dont miss it :thumbup:

• Cool, what you have to show? 8)

Did this and posted here quite a while ago:

Soundcloud:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Profiles are from Tim Owens "HAWP" Friedman stuff. Did all guitars, bass and also programmed the drums.

Here's a recent one I did doing some "Hair Rock" with another guy from these forums:

External Content www.youtube.com

I haven't been on the KPA forums in ages but pretty sure I have some other ones floating around. Anyway, didn't mean to derail your thread!

• I usually have pretty moderate volume on the headphones with vocals pretty loud and dry. Still like to hear the backing track enough. I keep the vocals maybe 25% louder than the backing tracks.

• Ok, because I think you sing pretty good overall! Lovely vibrato. And you made a pretty spot-on King Diamond impersonation haha! I've never been a fan of King Diamond so I didn't know the song but I could hear it even before you got to the Diamnd Falsetto TM hehe ;)
    The Firehouse cover was even better I think.

BUT. I can hear your voice being just a few cents over pitch and when I was starting singing, I had my headphones really loud, and wondered why I was singing a little over pitch all the time.

A few other singers I've worked have made the same mistake, I can think of 2 singers who's really good but they all had their pitch a bit high and I just said "lower your headphone volume" and after they did they were on pitch.
    The volume makes ears pickup the pitch too high because of physics and stuff.

You're on pitch most of the time, but sometimes its a bit over, never under, I think.

This is absolutely not meant to be bitchy because you have some good potential as a singer and I just wanted to tell it as I think :)

(I wish somebody told me my drumming was sloppy on a couple of my first metal albums, I didn't understand it at the time but in retrospect I can hear it very clearly after learning myself "the hard way")