I never change cabs, but I check a ton of cabs on DI profiles.
There is a distinct difference between how the IR sounds with a loader, vs the Kemper.
From my Atomic Amplifire days, I was into IRs, and bought a bunch. I use the following to find an IR that fits the DI profile.
Here are the steps I use:
1. make a quick recording of the DI (which usually sounds horrible) in my DAW
2. Insert an IR loader onto the track, or the master track.
3. Scroll through a ton of IRs until I find one that sounds great.
4. I copy that IR onto the Kemper formatted thumb drive.
5. I repeat until I get tired of doing it.
6. Run CabMaker to create Kemper cab files.
7. Load them onto the Kemper.
8. Scroll through the cabs I created, and realize that they sound different from the IR Loader. Hopefully finding something that really sounds good.
9. Repeat the process (the next day) if nothing strikes me as great.