Can we all agree on a list of 5 classic OD we would wish

• Sounds Fair my Brother :) , thanks for letting me know,
    yeah i guess i cannot say "Mojo" with out comparison.

Thats the thing , i like it when people demo many pedals to compare[them] not just one.
    This is practical ! Thanks man, i guess ill be Mojo Mojo spending on beer beer instead :rolleyes::D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Wisely spoken Ash , Have a beer beer for a Great new Year year :thumbup:

(I am a pedal nerd and tried , owned, and traded loooots of them - liked the Dark Matter better than the Mojo mojo but still that one didn't make it either - traded it also....... ^^ )

• We have already some pedals in kpa stock and I think it's time to have a tutorial from the great Thomas Dill how to use them right. I tried them many times and didn't use them, because I can't get a good sound out of it. A gainy profile affect the sound of a stomp badly and in combination with a clean profile the sound very thin imho. So I prefer a profile which is profiled with a pedal in front, like Thomas Dill's rigs with the okko or many of pedal pushed sinmix profiles.

I am shure we do something wrong when using the implemented stomps, because most of the stock fx are very very good.

What's the secret dear kpa team?

• We have already some pedals in kpa stock and I think it's time to have a tutorial from the great Thomas Dill how to use them right. I tried them many times and didn't use them, because I can't get a good sound out of it. A gainy profile affect the sound of a stomp badly and in combination with a clean profile the sound very thin imho. So I prefer a profile which is profiled with a pedal in front, like Thomas Dill's rigs with the okko or many of pedal pushed sinmix profiles.

I am shure we do something wrong when using the implemented stomps, because most of the stock fx are very very good.

What's the secret dear kpa team?

I noticed that turning the volume down changes the character of the stomp. The mix knob is also very handy

• Alrighty then.. after 6 pages here are the results guys. Guess which 5 won?
    So if you sum up the characteristics of the first list which Won (the second list has one vote per pedal)
    We then have what Don was talking about. I dont know how you sort the even votes so i put them in the wining list.

Winning list (so far)

Klon centaur -19 votes
    Fulltone OCD- 13 votes
    Boss Blues Driver- 5 votes
    Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive - 3 votes
    Timmy- 3 votes
    Analogman King of Tone - 3 votes

Boss Hm2- 2 votes
    RC Booster- 2 votes
    Fuzz Factory -2 votes
    Marsahall Govnor - 2 Votes
    Blues Driver - 2 Votes
    TS808 - 2 votes
    Maxon - 2 votes
    Marshall bluesbreaker Mk 1 - 2 votes
    Okko Diablo - 2 votes

ONE vote for below

"overhauld" TS
    Bogner Red
    Mojo Mojo
    Friedman BE-OD
    A 68' Dallas Arbiter NKT-275 Germanium Fuzz
    Twin stomp OD Boost
    Tim Pierce Overdrive
    Strymon Riverside
    Strymon Sunset
    Seymour Duncan Palladium
    John Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive
    Klon gold
    JHS Morning Glory
    Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (non mosfet)
    Super Fuzz
    Tight Drive
    Savage Drive
    Maxon VOP9
    Od820
    Red Llama
    Swollen Pickle
    Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
    OCD V3
    AC Booster
    Cornish SS3
    Strymon Sunset
    MXR Bonamassa FET driver
    MXR ‘78 Custom Badass Dist
    ‘74 MXR Distortion plus
    Subdecay Liquid Sunshine
    Death By Audio Interstellar Overdriver
    Amptweaker Tight Drive
    XOTIC BB PREAMP
    Chandler tube Driver
    DOD Overdrive Preamp 250
    Fulltone fat boost
    Red llama
    BB Preamp
    Wampler Euphoria
    Chandler tube driver
    Digitech 250
    Dumbloid
    Boss OD-1
    DOD-250 (my all-time favorite)
    MXR Distortion+
    Boss SD-1
    A Silicon-Transistor Fuzz based on BC183 Transistors

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 10 times, last by ashtweth ().

• Well spotted!!, that makes the Timmy/Analogman King of Tone in the top 5!!
    have edited :)

Ash

• I`d like

Klon Centaur (for slight dirt)
    Okko Diablo (for smooth crunch)
    an "overhauld" TS for a great lead tone (I don't hear the KPA's TS reacting like the original)
    Hermida Zendrive (as an alternative to the TS)
    A "Bogner Red" for distortion

I own all of them and formerly (in my tube-amp-era) got all kind of drive-sounds out of them (except Metal-sounds) I ever needed