Signal level monitoring for stomps and FX outputs

• I would like to have a posibility to monitor signal levels for the signals present at the output of stomps and FX slots.
    That would be helpful to avoid digital clipping in these sections and to get an idea of available headroom

• I would also like some metering, but also on the guitar input for setting "Distortion Sense". I set my pickups lower than most, so having a meter with a Peek Hold at a optimum Target Value would be a bonus.

Although I have not run into any clipping issues yet, I can imagine it could be a problem if I push some setting just a bit too much.

Phil 8)

• I would like to give this old thread a litte push cause i keep running into problems with digital clipping in fx chains. It would also be a nice addition to the editor.

For example, i have a (very) clean profile, no clipping audible at all. Input LED stays green all the time, profile output is set to 0 db, profiler output is set to -10 db. To get a little volume boost here and there i added a "Pure Booster" with boost set to +3 db to the X-slot (post stack that is). When i turn on the Pure Booster i get audible clipping. For a simple signal chain like this you get along somehow but when you use many fx its not a simple task to keep levels right.

Metering would really help to solve such problems.

Edited once, last by Firebird ().

• Are you absolutely sure the clipping is a digital overload in the signal chain? Could it just be part of the booster effect itself? Do you get the same result by increasing the Amp volume by 3db? If yes, it would seem it is simply overloading but if no then it would suggest that the boost effect itself is the culprit so an alternative way of increasing the volume.

• I would like to give this old thread a litte push cause i keep running into problems with digital clipping in fx chains. It would also be a nice addition to the editor.

For example, i have a (very) clean profile, no clipping audible at all. Input LED stays green all the time, profile output is set to 0 db, profiler output is set to -10 db. To get a little volume boost here and there i added a "Pure Booster" with boost set to +3 db to the X-slot (post stack that is). When i turn on the Pure Booster i get audible clipping. For a simple signal chain like this you get along somehow but when you use many fx its not a simple task to keep levels right.

Metering would really help to solve such problems.

I don't think there's any chance we can clip the KPA in the digital domain. There are 32bit, floating point calculations going, as far as I know we have headroom for hundreds of decibels.

If the output LED doesn't clip, you are clipping the input of the analog device after the KPA, IMO. This, or you have a hw- or fw-related issue.

Still chasing a worthy one :/