1.05 - Latency fixed?

• Maybe it's my mind playing tricks but I noticed an IMMEDIATE change in feel and response after updating to 1.05. It feels tighter and spongier at the same time. I'm also monitoring through a new system (RFC 312A FRFR), but the change from 1.04 to 1.05 seems really good. I'm doing all of my testing with the stock Little Prince SM57 profile.

• Yes, latency is fixed - but now we have audio dropouts all few seconds - totally unusable for recordings - waiting for 1.06 ...

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Yes, latency is fixed - but now we have audio dropouts all few seconds - totally unusable for recordings - waiting for 1.06 ...

I have no dropouts at all...spdif?

Edit: just seen the answer in the other thread...here is everything ok, no dropouts, just the pops every 2-3 min...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

Not sure it's the same thing but that's what i get with my Axe-Fx when the spdif connection is not locked.

• Not sure it's the same thing but that's what i get with my Axe-Fx when the spdif connection is not locked.

I don't use SPDIF

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Its not a clocking error, though it kinda sounds like it, but its not really a crackle, more like a pop, the only thing I can think of is that the sound engine may not be able to keep up with the reduced latency so it stutters or something much like some of my virtual instruments do when heavy burdened. not sure, hope its an easy and fast fix. It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes I can go longer then other times without hearing it, but please please fixy soon! :)

• Kemper arrived last week and I updated the firmware to 1.05 over the weekend. The Latency is better but I'm getting noise that sounds like an audio interface with the buffer size set too low. It's not always there, if I adjust Tube Bias it often starts.

• Hi, I also measured latency of KPA after new version 1.0.5.
    What I measured is the latency between the signal enter to the KPA (input) until come out (output) and I found about 107 samples (2,43 ms) respect to the old version 1.0.4 where latency was about double (5 ms).

So a very good improvement and compatible with the specifications :thumbup: , we have only to solve the POPs issue now...;(

Maurizio70

• I've installed 1.05 and I'm more than happy. i've criticised the playing feel in the past
    several times but now it is very good. The attac the sponginess everything is Perfect.
    Thank you for the good work Chris

• The 'disconnect' I was feeling before 1.05 is gone, to me it felt there was more latency in the lows than the highs before 1.05 - now it's feeling 'all toghether'. I'll stay w/ 1.05 and wait for the next firmware.

• FWIW I performed a system reset last night (boot when holding down SYSTEM) and played for another 30 minutes or so with no pops/clicks, firmware 1.05. I'll do more indepth tonight.