Using Kemper effects in a Boss ES-8 loop

• Hi everyone,

I am wondering how I could use the stomp effects in the kemper as one of the 8 loops in a Boss ES-8, so they could easily be placed amongst the other pedals I use.

Is it as simple as connecting the send/return of the Kemper to one of the send/returns of the ES-8?

Ideally I would just have the Kemper stomps in the ES-8 loop, and the amp at the end of the chain.

Is this doable, or can I only place the ES-8 as a loop in the Kemper and use one of the 4 stomp slots as external loop? This approach would save me an extra loop on the ES-8, but would just mean more programming prep.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• I have been able to place the entire Kemper into the FX Loop of a Line 6 HX Effects. Basically, my guitar is plugged into my HX, then I SEND it to the input of the Kemper, and then I use the MAIN OUTPUTS (I use Left and Right, but you could just use the Left for the following) back to the RETURNS of the HX Effects. There is an FX Loop option available in my HX that I place in the effects chain of the HX. So basically, my guitar goes into the HX, then I have a compressor and distortion, and then I have the FX Loop (which effectively places the entire Kemper into that specific location - so I have my Kemper stomps, then my Kemper amp and cab, and then I have the Kemper effects, which are delays and reverbs), and then it goes back into the HX (again it's basically the FX Loop block), and then I have additional reverbs and delays from the HX after the Kemper, and finally I have the HX looper at the end. I hope this helps!

• Hi, any answer to this with the Boss ES-8? I want to connect my guitar to the ES8 to the compresor- distorsion-fuzz and from there to the Kemper new modulation fx and from there to the amp-cab-mic kemper sim to L R Ouptut to the mixer. I think this is just a cuestion to connect the Kemper to the our of the ES 8 and then the kemper.

The thing is if i can controll all the kemper fx changes- mix-tone-boost etc of the kemper mod fx seccion from my Boss ES-8 and expression pedal all via midi as i been doing for the last years with my Strymond Time Line and Big Sky?

Any Thoughts?

• I have just been using my ES8 set up going into a loop on a kemper stomp slot. the es8 is changing kemper fx in browser mode by sending midi.

I am only just getting into the morph function of the kemper and learning how i can change (some) stomp parameters with the exp out of my es8. haven't figured out how to do this with midi alone, and there are still some parameters kemper won't let you change (harmonic intervals).

• That's not true. Intervals can be controlled via MIDI. But as we have lots of parameters you need to use NRPN. Please refer to the PROFILER MIDI Parameter Documentation available on the KEMPER download page.