Is it possible to acheive Eric Johnson type of sound with the Kemper alone?

• Much Appreciated The Schwartz 8)

I met Eric and Lyle Lovett in 1993 running sound for a college town bar in Texas.

He never made it into FOH. I had to reinforce the bass and drums to mix with his volume.

Gotta go back to the music store and get more power.

Looking at the ladies at a Texas Guitar Show 1985.

• Give this one (attached) a try. Just made it a minute ago. I'm relatively happy with it, but I didn't do any refining, which may or may not improve things.

The guitar I used is a Carvin Bolt with AP-11 SCs. These pickups are highly underrated in my opinion, and are a bit beefier than your average strat pickups. With that in mind, you may have to drop the definition parameter if your pickups are on the bright side. This profile should also work fine with PAFs.

I should also add that how well you utilize this tone is going to be highly dependent on your technique. If your technique and vocabulary is similar to Johnson's, you'll be most of the way there. Let me know what you think!

The Schwartz you've done it again! Great tone with this profile and very close to that elusive EJ tone. Great job, again! LOVED your Suhr PT100 profile as well. One of my favorites. Thank you.

Rik

Kemper toaster >Kemper remote> 2 x Alto TS310 powered speakers Furman M-8XAR

Edited once, last by rik777 ().

• Give this one (attached) a try. Just made it a minute ago. I'm relatively happy with it, but I didn't do any refining, which may or may not improve things.

The guitar I used is a Carvin Bolt with AP-11 SCs. These pickups are highly underrated in my opinion, and are a bit beefier than your average strat pickups. With that in mind, you may have to drop the definition parameter if your pickups are on the bright side. This profile should also work fine with PAFs.

I should also add that how well you utilize this tone is going to be highly dependent on your technique. If your technique and vocabulary is similar to Johnson's, you'll be most of the way there. Let me know what you think!

Nice one! Gonna try this one! Upload it to RE also :)

• The Tube Driver is baked into the profile, but I ended up adding the Fuzz DS pedal to it as well. I'd just mess around with different profiles and try adding a fuzz and see where you end up.

That Hawk profile is working fine for me. No locking up. Sound killer too! I added the DSFuzz stomp right in front of the "DSHW stomp" - see the 'getting the most out of your OD post in this section' - and it works great. I think the first impulse with this rig is to take the blanket off of the speaker cabinet (it's a pretty wooly tone) by increasing the definition or adjusting EQ. I found it's best to just leave it alone. It's a killer preset. And not just for Johnson stuff. Thanks!

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams