Bend with 2 notes ore more, a.h, NUMERICAL NOISE !!!

• Why doesn't it fit your needs?

because i wanted to use it as a "preamp" profile , and the "digital" noise i ear with the "dist" stomp pedal was here with direct profile too (the fist kemper sample i posted is DI preamp profile ( called "DI plexi 50") and same pb was there on the 2 other i did myself..
    the pb seems not to be here with non direct profile , but that's not the way i wanted to use it (wanted a "super preamp" for my tube amp ) ...and to be honnest, the fact that this pb exist and that programmers and beta tester didn't heard it don't put me in a "trusting" position about the product, and the soft is still beta ...there's not only one factor.

i have lot of gigs this summer and i need to have a system i can trust and i need it fast : rehearsals begins soon , so i can't wait for some fixes (i was one who thought that "total cab disable in monitor out" is a must have too...) and can't keep 2 rigs for now (wife, children ,house, car...etc you know that)

,and most of all i would have prefered a rack version and i know it will come in the future...etc... so i think i will wait and see how it turns when it will not be beta anymore, when the pb will be solved and when the rack version will be here...
    or ..let me see..... send me a rack version and i beta test it :-)) i'm not far i'm from marseille/france :) loooooool just joking :)
    your product is a great product christophe , don't want to bring something negative here...
    just : i hope my observation helps you to get it even better !
    regards
    Stephane Herbuel

• It is not that. If you compare my clips with yours you can hear that it is not the same thing. I am not even sure if what you hear on your clip is what you say it is. To me your clips sounds more like a harmonic from another string vibrating in sympathy.

My pickups height is good (in all the 3 guitars I tested with the KPA). Also this issue does not happen when using the same guitars with a real amp or other digital modelers.

• I do lots of compound bends. lots
    I have my guitars set up correctly, with a variety of string gauges.
    I use high gain profiles sometimes.
    Sometimes I add more gain, this weekend I threw on a Devi Ever Rocket (Which has insane amounts of gain) (and is rubbish in case anyone was thinking of getting one, tis being returned)

I have no issues.

• try the one dist in a clean amp like i did (i gave you the name of the amp etc) , and you'll hear that yes, it needs to get better.
    but i have the idea that you are some kind of fanboy who just did'nt heard my tests or tried to reproduce them.
    child attitude i must say.

You are right. There is a few forum users whose main purpose seems to be attacking or underrating anybody that has an issue or a non positive opinion about the KPA.

If there were nothing to fix or improve we would not have had any firmware updates fixing issues and improving things, right?

• try the one dist in a clean amp like i did (i gave you the name of the amp etc) , and you'll hear that yes, it needs to get better.
    but i have the idea that you are some kind of fanboy who just did'nt heard my tests or tried to reproduce them.
    child attitude i must say.

I don't waste time trying to find a rig that reproduces whatever it is you're hearing, I've got 1400 rigs on my KPA that all sound incredible.

I'm a fanboy of the Pod 1, the Tonelab, Pod HD500, 11R, the Kemper, and if I owned an Axe-FX I'd be a fanboy as well.
    Hundreds of great tones in all these units...I look for the positives, I don't waste energy searching for the negatives.

It's impossible for a guitarist not to be a fanboy of the Kemper.

• If there were nothing to fix or improve we would not have had any firmware updates fixing issues and improving things, right?

I meant the "tone" doesn't need improving, as you know, firmware updates do not improve the tone, they 'fix' some 'things'...not the 'tone'.

• I don't waste time trying to find a rig that reproduces whatever it is you're hearing, I've got 1400 rigs on my KPA that all sound incredible.

I look for the positives, I don't waste energy searching for the negatives.

If you don't want to waste your time on checking whatever problem he or we are having why are you wasting your time on this thread at all? As far as I know this is the "Problems and trouble shooting help" subforum so what we would expect is help and constructive comments from other users and not something like what you are doing. It does not make sense to me.

I
    meant the "tone" doesn't need improving, as you know, firmware updates
    do not improve the tone, they 'fix' some 'things'...not the 'tone'.

Well, I would say these sort of issues that we are referring to affect the tone produced in our case.

• No problem.
    Please send the rigs to the support, and tell them to pass it over to me.
    Check the Clean Sense not to be too high for your guitar.

CK, I sent the 2 profiles I used for my clips to support. They are supposed to forward them to you. Please let us know your findings.

• I don't waste energy searching for the negatives.

i can't let you say that ,

i'm kind of guitarist who likes mike landau, dave gilmour , scott henderson, andy summers etc
    these guys use the clean amp + dist pedal way. not the same at all as amp overdrive.
    i tried kemper pedal and directly has the artifacts you're hearing in my clips.
    and i want to use it as preamp for my tube amp.
    i tried use a profile DI made by a user and tried mine with some digital artifacts too
    i had this pb 15 minutes after plug in because that was the first things i tried (integrated effects, dist and how it sound in tube power amp with direct profile)
    and most of all we are in - Problems and trouble shooting help

AND I'M SEARCHING FOR NEGATIVE ??????
    i'm really curious to see what christophe kemper and moderation think about your childish attitude, they seems to don't care so i think it's better for me to go , i try to help, i don't like at all to be treated like that.

• this thread is funny. thought that intermodulation was an e-guitarist's basic (i mean an e-guitarist is bending like all the time!).

but it's funny to see or hear what happens when you move the origin of a distorted guitar sound (that is usually coming from a 2m distant speaker) directly near to your ear (headphones). you suddenly hear all the shit that a guitar and/or a (real) distorted amp does, too ;)

and regarding "warbling": i have a strat which a huge warble on lowest e at 12th fret... even without any pickups inside and trem blocked up. nobody knows where THAT is coming from. :(

• @ stefherbuel

i don't understand why you don't try to get to the origin of that. it would be easy: set up an amp and profile it. make one recording with the amp in this setting, and one with the kemper profile (a/b test like ck suggested). will there be a difference? if yes, then ck can investigate. it could also be a noise of your (or any) guitar since bending one string decreases strain on the other strings which could lead to that effect/noise. if you bend the string the distance to the pole piece of your pickup also increases.

ps: "i'm really curious to see what christophe kemper and moderation think about your childish attitude" <-- THAT is childish.
    "It doesn't need to get any better. " <-- THAT is fanboy. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by elfredo ().

• but it's funny to see or hear what happens when you move the origin of a distorted guitar sound (that is usually coming from a 2m distant speaker) directly near to your ear (headphones). you suddenly hear all the shit that a guitar and/or a (real) distorted amp does, too ;)

This is sad but true (Mr. Hetfield forgive me).
    I remember whe i got completely lost when i made my first recordings with my preamp recorded direct and using IRs. I felt that everything was absolutely wrong, the i sent the file to our audio tech for mixing and everything was absolutely fine in his opinion.

Anyway i don't think that stefherbuel is crazy, childish or anything like that.
    Some suggestion given in this thread explain how to reduce those issues, like lowering the pickups (even this didn't solve any warbling fx, but i got a better tone, probably the best ever come out form my strat), other explain how natural are the ghost notes, but others just don't.

I tried with an higher gain and playing different notes, and ideed there's something wrong inthe background. Check the last clip made by stefherbuel, and think that i'm not using reverbs, delays, compressions, dist pedals or gates. Just guitar straight into the stack scetion, the out.
    To me it's not that important, because it easly gets lost in the mix, and honestly don't care that much. But i'd like it to be solved and/or having an answer about it.

If a user (paying money to buy the KPA) feels that something doesn't go as expected, he is free to post his doubts here and ask for answers and trouble shooting support.
    I think that CK is doing that, he is listening to clips, answering to questions and he's giving customer support in this forum.
    So i'm faithull in a fast answer and, eventually, in a fast fix.

Anyway, c'mon guys, take it easy.

• You're correct, Stef, I'm wrong...please accept my sincerest apologies.

Activate your PM.

• @ stefherbuel

i don't understand why you don't try to get to the origin of that. it would be easy: set up an amp and profile it. make one recording with the amp in this setting, and one with the kemper profile (a/b test like ck suggested). will there be a difference? if yes, then ck can investigate.)

he can : i told the amp i choose (kemper profiled clean amp) touched nothindg, add a ONE dist ,with setting i used...and even gave a clip :
    http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.wav

and even asked other guys here to do the test in their kemper...it seems nobody tried ?
    but here i don't know what i can do more , sorry...so it's me that don't anderstand why nobody tries ?(