Bend with 2 notes ore more, a.h, NUMERICAL NOISE !!!

• Yes, there IS some digital aliasing or fold over distortion in the OD/distortion stomp section.
    It is of course made even more noticeable when run into a distorted profile.

That said, the actual amp profiles DO NOT have this problem.
    I find I do not need the distortion stomps with the gain flexibility with in the amp profile.
    So its not a problem for me. I am very sure this issue will be addressed in the future.

For what its worth Boss modelers are FAMOUS for having digital aliasing or fold over distortion even with in their amp models.
    So going back to your Boss products is not much of an answer in my eyes.
    Profile your Boss unit with the OD/Distortion on and you will have what you want in the Kemper with out the Boss aliasing plus much more tone flexibility.
    Bill Ruppert

• hi i'm not going back to boss product , i use amps + topedo vb101 , and when i come back to boss it's to use a GP8 roland wich is all analog.

"That said, the actual amp profiles DO NOT have this problem."

no offence to you bill, but that's what i was saying before, seems that people don't read what i write : THE PB ALSO HAPPENED WITH DIRECT profile "the PLEXI 50 DI" (who wasn't mine) and 2 profile i did myself from jcm800 and laney vc50
    this clip (kemper.MP3) is my tube amp with the direct profile PLEXI 50 DI recorded with a mic in front of it (zoom Q3)..and i hear this digital aliasing alot.
    http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3

i think it's important for c kemper to know that too.
    to resume :
    DIRECT PROFILE , MIC IN FRONT OF MY AMP : http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.mp3
    CLEAN KEMPER PROFILE RECORDED DIRECT VIA SPDIF , ONE DISTORTION ADDED : http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.wav

for some reason it does not happend with profile with cab.does this digital aliasing comes with the too muchs frequencies of the "direct profile" when profiling ? maybe.
    but i think it's good for c kemper to know that.

• he can : i told the amp i choose (kemper profiled clean amp) touched nothindg, add a ONE dist ,with setting i used...and even gave a clip :
    http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.wav

and even asked other guys here to do the test in their kemper...it seems nobody tried ?
    but here i don't know what i can do more , sorry...so it's me that don't anderstand why nobody tries ?(

I had the same problem in one of my profiles. It sounded like I was trying to kill a cat when I was doing a bend with a semi harmonic. In my case it was a problem on the profile I created. I recreated the profile and it was all fine. I have noticed the same thing in other user profiles as well. It might be your problem as well. Maybe you are not creating the profile properly, the refine part is very important. If this happens with all your profiles then it has to be something else.

As for the pedals section, I personally prefer not to use it since they don't feel very realistic to me when compared to the real counterparts as opposed to the amp section that does it very well. The pedals section seems to work well when used to add something to an already overdriven/distorted profile. If you use them to drive a clean profile or specially a distorted profile with the gain lowered to the minimum then the results are not that good in my opinion.

• he can : i told the amp i choose (kemper profiled clean amp) touched nothindg, add a ONE dist ,with setting i used...and even gave a clip :
    http://rbul1.free.fr/kemper.wav

and even asked other guys here to do the test in their kemper...it seems nobody tried ?
    but here i don't know what i can do more , sorry...so it's me that don't anderstand why nobody tries ?(

Give it some time, not everyone is in the same timezone, nor has access to their KPA all day every day, some of us have work to do too!

• I just performed some tests . I never tried the OD/DIST so far so.. When used on a clean amp there's no doubt that some Digital noise is present.It is ugly and have nothing to do with intermodulation or anything . I get it with a single note bend.This is NOT natural behavior of an OD/DIST pedal for sure .There a real superposition of "something "...
    I do not hear it with all rigs without pedals I normally use anyway ..whatever the gain..it is not present with compressor used either .
    IMHO something must be done for the OD/Dist stomp section

thx

BRUNO

• I just performed some tests . I never tried the OD/DIST so far so.. When used on a clean amp there's no doubt that some Digital noise is present.It is ugly and have nothing to do with intermodulation or anything . I get it with a single note bend.This is NOT natural behavior of an OD/DIST pedal for sure .There a real superposition of "something "...
    I do not hear it with all rigs without pedals I normally use anyway ..whatever the gain..it is not present with compressor used either .
    IMHO something must be done for the OD/Dist stomp section

thx

BRUNO

Yep, this is what I have been saying all along now. The stomps are just not there yet. The good thing is that I find the stomps pretty unnecessary for what I play anyway. In real life where you have one amp and want to be able to push it or get a different flavor of distortion then I understand the need for OD/Dist stomps. But when you can just choose an amp that can do OD or distortion so much better than a stomp, why not just switch profiles?

• A lot of guitarists prefer the feel and tone of that combination. I love a Plexi type amp driven by a Tube Driver or BB preamp. You cannot get the same tone just using an amp. It is only normal that people used to this sort of setup expects to get the same results when using the pedals section on the KPA with a profile.

• Actually, the whole pre Amp block stomp section needs some attention IMO:

* The OD & Distortion stomps are prone to excess noise and digital aliasing - this effectively eliminates the feasibility of using a solo gain distortion stomp into a clean amp for those who prefer that sound/response.

* Using any Loop configuration before the Amp block induces an unacceptable level of noise, even when nothing is engaged within the loop.

Although this does not minimize the quality of the actual Amp block (which has always been the KPA's main selling point), it does detract from the overall usefulness of the unit for those who are looking for an 'all-in-one' solution either for live or in the studio.

All modelers known to man 8o

• +1

• I also feel that comments like ' 'It doesn't need to be any better' are counterproductive - I'm glad my parents and friends didn't tell me 'you don't need to be any better' after I learned my first three guitar chords! 8o IMHO 'Good' is never good enough, regardless of your line of work...

• I also feel that comments like ' 'It doesn't need to be any better' are counterproductive - I'm glad my parents and friends didn't tell me 'you don't need to be any better' after I learned my first three guitar chords! 8o IMHO 'Good' is never good enough, regardless of your line of work...

I for one expect it to get better and for kemper to introduce updates/fixes in a timely manner. No fanboy here. I agree that if the KPA is marketed with certain features that those features should be the best they can possibly be. I guess I just am not generally a guy who runs pedals into distorted amps so the pedals haven't been an issue for me. But I have consistently said the pedals must be improved (along with a number of other items). I am willing to wait for these improvements but totally understand those who cannot.

I also feel that comments like ' 'It doesn't need to be any better'
    are counterproductive - I'm glad my parents and friends didn't tell me
    'you don't need to be any better' after I learned my first three guitar
    chords! 8o IMHO 'Good' is never good enough, regardless of your line of work...

You're correct, good is never good enough.

• I'm glad my parents and friends didn't tell me 'you don't need to be any better' after I learned my first three guitar chords! 8o IMHO 'Good' is never good enough, regardless of your line of work...

I hear you ..I'm on my 4th chord at this moment ..Stay tuned :D:D:D

• Along this line, I'm one of those guys who doesn't spend a lot of time listening to stuff I've played on, because I always think I should have played it better.... :S

• Along this line, I'm one of those guys who doesn't spend a lot of time listening to stuff I've played on, because I always think I should have played it better.... :S

That's like Al Pacino not watching 'Scarface' because he thought he could have done a better acting job. :D