"Unfiltered".....Original Rock

• A bit heavier tune so mostly Bert Meulendijk Friedman profiles.

Song is about people on social media who open up their lives to everyone and the way they are often perceived. Like the boy who cried wolf....some may actually be in serious need of help....or maybe just a friend. Anyway, hope you like it and thanks for listening!

Listen to Unfiltered by Nate Bauer on #SoundCloud

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Great song Nate, I like the heavy stuff you do. Especially those guitars again. Really striking. Very nice song writing indeed with interesting parts in the middle which create great flow and ear-catchers. Bert's profiles do a good job the sound as always. Which guitars did you use?

Two things to maybe improve:

• Again some cymbal (guess this time it's less HiHat but more the Ride) is a bit nervous and too much upfront. I was thinking that just reducing it a bit (kinda halftime on the Ride) would already solve this.
    • On my speakers I think I hear some compression artefacts, a bit of pumping in the overall sound. That was not the case in your recent songs.

Overall well done Nate, as always thanks for sharing here :thumbup:8)

• deadman42 Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I adjusted the highhat down but not enough on the ride...damn! Easy fix for future recordings. As for the compression, I kept most of my original guitar parts from when I recorded this a couple years ago....in fact it might have been my first Kemper recording. I just added vocals and new drums now. At the time I was using Bert's Friedman profiles but my channel gain was likely too high causing that compressed sound.

This song, and most are played on my Kiesel CS3 which has the original Carvin C22B pickup in the bridge. Ive tried many others but absolutely love this guitar and pickup! I use a Kiesel Bolt as well but since I do a lot of dropped D tuning I like my fixed bridge CS3 vs the Bolt with Floyd.

• Great track again. The drums are bothering me though. They are crying out to be huge stadium drums for many parts of the song, yet they're so dry it's making things sound flatter than they could be. If you can send the drum MIDI I'd like to give it a shot at finding a good sound for you.

• Good effort, Nate. 8)

Again some cymbal (guess this time it's less HiHat but more the Ride) is a bit nervous and too much upfront. I was thinking that just reducing it a bit (kinda halftime on the Ride) would already solve this.

100% agree.

At 39s and 1:30 it lets the whole song down. If you restrict it just to the downbeats the passages will sound much more natural. You'll still get that wonderful "release" at the end of each section when the groove change comes in and the drums switch to hats.

As deadman42 said, there're plenty of interesting moments in the piece. I like that you don't give it a chance to become too-repetitive. Wuddun, mate! :thumbup: