The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• I'll stick with the FCB. The only thing I do not like about the FCB is the volume pedal is terrible, the Wah pedal works perfectly fine form me. I remember at one time someone posted a pic of a modifies FCB where the cut it off at the foot pedals and made the foot print smaller then used their own pedal. I just don't want to hack my pedal up but did like the idea. Once Kemper comes out with a controller I hope the cost isn't that of the Axe controller.

• I agree the price is steep. I also think 8 simultaneous effects seems like not a ton for an fx only unit that is supposed to supposed to bear the axe brand. Not sure how they can be arranged, multi parallel and such.

Edit

• My hand was forced on the foot controller situation as my trusty Dunlop DVP3 took a dump on me. It turns out there is a metal band that runs around the potentiometer. The band is very flimsy (and sharp, as it sliced my finger when I reached under to see what was impeding the pedal's movement). To make a long story longer, I have a Roland FC-300 on the way. I'll still keep an eye on the KPA pedal progress but I need an immediate fix and the Roland is an all-in-one that fits my current needs. I have a CAE Ground Control Pro and 2 rack junction boxes to go with if anyone is interested..... :thumbup:

• $1350 is a ridiculous amount of money. I hope Kemper do not match this, bearing in mind if someone has already invested £1300-£1800 for the amp. Asking them for a figure in the $$$$ or ££££ is stupid. Im not one to put a price on the pedal as I haven't seen the real model or used it, but i'm not spending more than £300 unless it tucks me into bed and makes me coffee in the morning..

A riff a day, keeps the doctor away.

• Well, the two products are definitely unrelated to each other, a comparison is - well, meaningless IMO.

At any rate, I might well be wrong here but if the KPB is what I'd expect it to be, it seems to me that it would be under-priced @ 300 £.

:)

• Last summer we were told the controller would arrive in Q4. I don't believe any due-date before CK himself commits to one in public. We haven't seen as much as a murky picture of a prototype, so my guess is Q4 2015 at best.

A bit of a pessimist, eh? ;)

• "At any rate, I might well be wrong here but if the KPB is what I'd expect it to be, it seems to me that it would be under-priced @ 300 £."

Yes, but that would only be true if the unit acctually exist :) It`s a bit frustrating for me atleast. I cant use my Kemper live because i would need a pedal for the delay settings and program changes. Sure i could go buy one but then what should i do when the Kemper version comes out ? Im sure alot of users feel this way because the rumors about the kemper board has been going on for some time now. Some real info on the release of a product that actualy makes the Kemper useble is not to much to ask for. Q4 is over in a few days so maybe it will be displayed a NAAM then (22-25/1 )? If not im starting to doubt this thing..

• "At any rate, I might well be wrong here but if the KPB is what I'd expect it to be, it seems to me that it would be under-priced @ 300 £."

Yes, but that would only be true if the unit acctually exist :) It`s a bit frustrating for me atleast. I cant use my Kemper live because i would need a pedal for the delay settings and program changes. Sure i could go buy one but then what should i do when the Kemper version comes out ? Im sure alot of users feel this way because the rumors about the kemper board has been going on for some time now. Some real info on the release of a product that actualy makes the Kemper useble is not to much to ask for. Q4 is over in a few days so maybe it will be displayed a NAAM then (22-25/1 )? If not im starting to doubt this thing..

While I understand your frustration about the lack of Information about the release of the Kemper controller the interim solution is quite easy. Buy FCB 1010 used, install the UnO4 Kemper Eprom and sell this later without any loss.

You an buy a pedal anyway, since the KFC won't have any per se. And with any amp's double switch you're good to go... for free :)

• I'm waiting for the big drop as well utilizing my good ole FCB until she falls a part. But....It's simple...buy MB's pack 2 and ya won't need use a foot controller cause your feet won't be touching the ground much!
    More humor vs frustration....shameless I know...