Fall Behind - first for 2022.

• I wanted to push the low end as low as I could go for this one. I used more compression on the bass than I had done previously but I probably should have used some side-chain compression on a couple of spots, or reduced the low end on the guitar. I'm happy with the tones though. I also used less compression on the drums this time for more wetness. It's always live and learn. Only the vocals are missing (working on that for 2022).

I wouldn't mind someone telling me what genre niche they feel this falls into because I am not sure except I feel it's more "today" than "yesterday".

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• I wouldn't mind someone telling me what genre niche they feel this falls into because I am not sure except I feel it's more "today" than "yesterday".

It is interesting that you put it that way. My first thought was that it has a very 80's pop sound to it. I get that feeling from the effects on the guitar and the sound of the drums.

• I wouldn’t focus on genre. With regards the bass, it kinda vanishes here for me, the bit you hear is not the real low end, but the mids.

Here’s a trick that may help you deliver more powerful bass.

Solo the bass and start by hi-passing, not till it sounds tiny but just till you have eliminated all of the flub and only have clarity left. It’s ok if you have lost the “bass” warmth element at this point this is just to help you position the sound and levels.

Now mix with this bass sound till it’s all audible however you want, side chain it etc. it’s purely about balancing everything. It won’t sound big and fat yet.

Finally with a delicate hand bring the low frequencies back in, leaving the levels where they are. Just enough to bring the warmth. if you prefer rather than reducing the hi-pass you can use an eq to gently push up the lower frequencies in a more controlled shape.